Clubplanet Nightlife Community

woooww. 4 people got shot at Fox's in jersey city

(Jersey City-WABC, August 8, 2003)

It was a violent night in Jersey City, as four people were shot outside a nightclub there. Police are now searching for the shooter.

All four victims are being treated at Jersey City Medical Center. Family members of the victims say it happened around 2:30 a.m. Friday inside the Fox's nightclub on St. Paul's Avenue. Others say some of the victims were shot at while they were inside a car. The victims suffered wounds to the face, chest, shoulders and legs. The mother of one of the victims somehow managed to drive his wounded friends to the emergency room.

Rochelle Crutcher, Vicim's Mother: "The only thing I know is that they were in a party and mayhem broke out. They say there was gun firing. I just thank God that it wasn't my son that got shot."

Eyewitness: "They shot inside of the club so they got through the bouncers. They closed the exit and allowed the victim's to come out of one exit. But the person that was shooting shot up the club from the inside. There were four victims from the shooting, but they are all safe now. One girl got shot in the leg."

All of the victims in this shooting are going to be all right. Police do not have a motive in this shooting and no arrests have been made.

what a surprise - there have been at least 2 shooting in or outisde that club in the last year. The last time it happend they claimed it happened outside, while witnesses said it happened just inside....how that club stays open i have NO idea

Originally posted by berniec

what a surprise - there have been at least 2 shooting in or outisde that club in the last year. The last time it happend they claimed it happened outside, while witnesses said it happened just inside....how that club stays open i have NO idea

this kind of thing always happens in that kind of place.

UPDATE:

The Associated Press

8/8/2003, 2:41 p.m. ET

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — An argument outside a city nightclub ended with two people being shot early Friday, but their injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Two others also were injured in the 2 a.m. melee at the Foxes nightclub, where a private party was being held for someone who had recently been released from jail, Lt. Michael Louf said.

Police received a call from Jersey City Medical Center that it had treated four Jersey City residents in the emergency room who had been injured at the club, including two with gunshot wounds.

Tyrone Williams, 22, was shot in the right elbow. Ebony Mitchell, 21, was shot in the hip.

Derrick Crutcher, 22, suffered cuts from flying glass when gunshots shattered his car windows, and Khaliq Jenkins, 27, was beaten during the disturbance, Louf said. All four victims were treated and released.

No charges were filed, Louf said.

Originally posted by berniec

how that club stays open i have NO idea

Ditto... with all the problems (fights/shootings) that have gotten that place in the news throughout the years, it's a wonder how they stay open. Last time I stepped foot in that place, I think KTU was doing a promo night there (now how long ago was that?!)

HSP

Hot clubber spots/pics/dancers/employment at... www.hotspotpromos.com

Originally posted by aim4night

that club i a sorry xcuse to even be called a club. it has gone down the drain. no one really goes there. i live in bayonne. that place is a joke. hope the victims recover.:eek:

i am also from bayonne, and i never heard of Fox's nightclub....... and obviously for good reason