Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: Looking For an Apartment!!

I'm trying to find an apartment in either Clifton, Bloomfield, Belelvile, Nutley, Montclair, West Paterson or Little Falls.

I've been looking online and in the paper and every friggin place I call is a damn realitor. They charge you one month's rent. I'm really trying to avoid this fee.

Any suggestions or websites where I can find some apartments without paying a realitor?

Thanks,

Originally posted by dani672

i got my apartment through home hunters... it is a flat fee of 150 but it is so worth it.. i found my 2 br apt in maywood for only 1100.. which is very cheap for this area adn its huge

how is the selection of listings for them. I went to some other one that was just like that were you pay a small flat fee up front. I forget what it was called, but I ended up paying the fee and then when I got the list of apartments, it was nothing but Newark and East Orange. I am also convinced that the one's they advertise in the paper don't exist, because none of those people ever answered the phones or have answering machines. Even though the selection sucked that is how I found my first apartment. I still wouldn't recomend it though because I think I got extremely lucky in finding the only non-ghetto place.

Darrell....you can also try going to Montclair State Unversity. There are usually flyers up on campus advertising apartments.

Thanks guys.

Dani, so Homehunters is good? I was thinking about going to them because I see them all over the place, but some people said they were a crock of shit. How long did it take them to find a place for you?