Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will this ever happen in US?

erickamikaze

This party looks like the most fun I could have. Has anyone ever been to it. How does this compare to WMC?

Over 1 million ravers and party lovers were in Zurich for the 12th annual Street Parade, it has established to the biggest street party in the world. The Street Parade, covers over 2 miles of techno, fun and party. At 3.15 , saturday August 9th, people all over world will meet for this amazing event. There will hundreds of parties friday through sunday, known djs from all over the world will cover this huge event, like Paul van Dyk @ Energy, Carl Cox @ Club Q, Little Louie Vega @ Tendance, Mousse T. @ House 3000 etc. Be part and enjoy this on the Crest special report on tilllate, the offical partner of theStreet Parade 2003.

IMG_3799.jpg

DSC02192.JPG

DSC04856.JPG

DSC02049.JPG

Originally posted by erickamikaze

This party looks like the most fun I could have. Has anyone ever been to it. How does this compare to WMC?

Over 1 million ravers and party lovers were in Zurich for the 12th annual Street Parade, it has established to the biggest street party in the world. The Street Parade, covers over 2 miles of techno, fun and party. At 3.15 , saturday August 9th, people all over world will meet for this amazing event. There will hundreds of parties friday through sunday, known djs from all over the world will cover this huge event, like Paul van Dyk @ Energy, Carl Cox @ Club Q, Little Louie Vega @ Tendance, Mousse T. @ House 3000 etc. Be part and enjoy this on the Crest special report on tilllate, the offical partner of theStreet Parade 2003.

IMG_3799.jpg

DSC02192.JPG

DSC04856.JPG

DSC02049.JPG

I beleive what your talking about is the Love Parade...if so check this site out: www.loveparade.de enjoy!

Hey cheekeetika, yeah there is the Love parade also. 2 seperate festivals. Wish I was at both. :)

http://www.streetparade.com/

Did u check out the picks on the love parade site, they've added new ones! Bad ass! Thats one huge and sick party! :D

As for having that sort of par-tee here, I doubt that'll happen , we get enough headaches with Ultra and I don't think the officials here in Miami would do too well with this type of a "parade". Besides Europe is more liberal with these sorts of events...check out Gatecrasher.

A good childhood friend of mine in portugal who is currently working in switzerland went to Steetparade on various occasions and said that that party is the "shiznit ! " ........and the route passes through a river in the center of the city . :D

see that is the problem with the US mentality for dance music. Everyone is so set on labeling everything and everyone. The fore mentioned festivals Love Parade and Street prade have something to offer everyone. we just need o wake up and stop worrying about image and stereotypes , and have fun and listen to the music. Remember the music has no color, sex, religion.

Love Parade is in Berlin, the Street Parade in Zurich. Love Parade has been around for a long time, don't know about the Street Parade. The larget it got at Love Parade was I think 1997 or 1998, at about 3 million, though the government heads deny it ever got this big (since they hate hosting this event). My opinion about why it gets so big there is that it draws a wider audience in terms of age. I was there in '96 and saw people in their 40s and 50s partying it up with the kiddies. Everyone having a great time. Together. All about love. No attitude. No hatred.

Raves in the US seem to be more about the kids having a great time, especially those under 21 who can't get into clubs. I'm 34. I haven't been to a rave in at least 5 years. I'll probably take in one more Love Parade during my lifetime, but there's no way I'd hit a rave in the US, because I know there's a 99.9% chance I'll be the oldest guy there by a decade, unless Guyman shows up.

Maybe it's because Europeans who are in their 40s now were exposed much more to the dance music in their 20s than Americans were during the 80s. Hell, that's when Ibiza was really taking off - around 1985 - 1987. Anyway, this over 40 demographic really makes up a significant portion of those raves. Surprising to Americans, but not to Europeans.

Hopefully, all of you will still love this music when you're in your 40s. With new young listeners attracted daily, the fanbase will increase dramatically. Maybe then the US could be a viable location for such a rave.

Originally posted by pod

Not likely since the candy ravers'll show up and ruin it.

Theres no candy ravers that I know if in Europe, thats the deal with US. Hehehe.

Anyways, yes Streeparade surpassed Loveparade, its becomed actually better then Loveparade, all they need now is a sick Line Up like DanceValleys< That was the greatest party in terms of amount of quality DJ's.

Originally posted by candyrollx69

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

just wait till u see him....

hopefully he'll throw down a memorable set... not like his space34 sets... more like a nyc type perormance...

then u'll get what arturob's tryin to say...

As for this kind of events around here.. bleh.. not gonna happen.. not in the good ol' us of a.. gotta be in europe to tolerate that degree of openmindedness...

but i gotta say that for now, im glad w ultra type deals, even more w the 4th of july bash!!! that was awesome!!!

bring'em on! Only this time w PVD!!! and no 93.1 garbage tracks...

dremaing dont cost a thing... i kno...

peace!

mp3. :smoke:

DJ MIND X live Street Parade CD.... nice....

those event would be hard to pull of in the US of A... it would take alot of money. Over their that a normal party. if u looking into most the parties over there u would see event with 1 stage and millions of people. they also do alot of parties in old place like castles

DJ MIND X live Street Parade CD .... nice

speaking of DJ Mind X. WHat do you think about having him play in Miami. We have some connections to him, and have thought about bring him over with a few other Swiss DJ's and maybe with one other local.

Is it worth the time and money?

speaking of DJ Mind X. WHat do you think about having him play in Miami. We have some connections to him, and have thought about bring him over with a few other Swiss DJ's and maybe with one other local.

Is it worth the time and money?

Yes! ..

Bring Dj JamX and Dumonde if you could too!:D

I love mind x... I have always pushed it on CP for someone to bring him down.. to me he's like scott project.. Nice hard build you Trance/Progressive.

I had his platium CD.. and it rocks.

I wouldn't suggest a promoter to bring him down unless its a big event, I.E. Maydaze, Ultra, Global Gathering.

not that he won't pack a house if well promoted, but I don't think many people in Miami have seen him Play live. And its some crazy hard music he plays, Hard Trance!!! I think it a bit harder then GA.

I know he plays at almost every major event over seas. Swiss, UK, ect.

www.mind-x.com

a dj I would like to see at at space.. would be D:FUSE... I saw him live at Maydaze 2003 he kicked ass.

Originally posted by liquidx

Theres no candy ravers that I know if in Europe, thats the deal with US. Hehehe.

Anyways, yes Streeparade surpassed Loveparade, its becomed actually better then Loveparade, all they need now is a sick Line Up like DanceValleys< That was the greatest party in terms of amount of quality DJ's.

you do find candyravers in europe , but definetly not nearly as much as here .............people in europe are more mature by nature .

:idea: