Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hisham Samawi is the Featured Guest on Proton Radio

tammytab

Hisham Samawi: Featured Guest on Proton Radio

Hisham is the featured artist this week on Proton Radio. His exclusive two hour mix features 2 unreleased Dirty Gringos tracks as well as a new solo unreleased track.

It will be airing TODAY, Aug 13 2003 at 1 PM eastern time. Check back on Native Theory website next week to download the entire set.

Listen to the Mix

Bio / Tour Dates / Releases

Biography

Born in Tripoli, Libya and raised in Switzerland, Hisham Samawi always had a variety of musical influences in his life. This can be seen in the diversity of the music he blends together: a whirlwind mixture of house, electro, breaks, banging drum beats and big bass lines. "I never bothered to learn what all the genre names actually meant so I don't really know what to call my sound. I just play records that move me and let others worry about what it is called. In my opinion, a good DJ makes everyone leave the club thinking he played a different sound. A good DJ makes a techno fan think he heard techno that night and a house head think he heard house."

A member of the DJ crew "Native Theory," Hisham is part of the new wave of talent rising up from New York. He has appeared behind the decks at many of New York's famed nightspots, including large capacity venues Arc, Centro-Fly, and Discotheque, and spins frequently at high profile weekly parties, Le Souk, Plexi and Habit-at. He has been a regular at Subliminal Sessions, and has shared the bill with house legends and rising talent such as Erick Morillo, Luis Diaz, Astro&Glyde, Dave Preston, Paolo Mojo, and Phil K. Between playing DJ dates around the country and at WMC in Miami, his following is growing steadily.

With several tracks currently being played and charted by many of the scene's most respected DJs, the industry is taking notice of Hisham’s talent. He has done remix and production work for Astralwerks Records and Plastic Fantastic Records. Slated for release on Plastica Red/R.I.P this summer, his remix of the classic track ‘Atlas – Compass Error’ received a five-star review in Big Shot Magazine, was on John Digweed’s KISS 100 show, and is being played by the likes of Danny Howells, John Digweed and Phil K. His breakbeat remix of Placebo's ‘Passive Aggressive’ received accolades from many of the industry's biggest names, and an original track, ‘Tamber’s Delight,’ will be released this Fall on Barely There Records.

Hisham is also part of the production trio, Dirty Gringos, along with Brendan Benke and Dennis Rodgers (112 Crew). Their debut production, “Cowbell,†is spreading to charts at an impressive pace, having reached the influential hands and playlists of Danny Tenaglia, Danny Howells, Lee Burridge, Saeed & Palash, and Tyler Stadius. For their June issue, Urb Magazine selected "Cowbell" as one of the top tracks of Winter Music Conference 2003. This promises to be a breakout year for the blond-hair blue-eyed Arab.

Tour dates - 2003

08/21 - New York, NY: Carnaval with Brendan Benke

08/24 - New York, NY: Le Souk with Brendan Benke and Astro&Glyde

09/06 - Kansas City, MO: KABAL with Paul de Matteo

Releases:

August 2003: Atlas - Compass Error (Hisham's GPS Breaks Mix) (Plastica Red / R.I.P)

Fall 2003: Hisham Samawi - Tamber's Delight (Barely There Records)

Fall 2003: Dirty Gringos - Cowbell (Farm Records)

Tracklisting

1. Mr. Velcro Fastener - Reality Bytes

2. Lieb Ist Cool - Waldspaziergang

3. Thomas Di Matteo - Bleep Stage

4. M.A.N.D.Y. & The Sunset People - Our World(Our Music)

5. Frankman - Retemar(xxl)

6. Matsai - The Boomah(Tiefschwarz Remix)

7. Marlow - Exposed

8. Fleur - Infoline

9. 12" Superstars - Electrick

10. Hisham Samawi - Spirals

11. Telepopmusik - Love Can Damage Your Health(Germ Remix)

12. Tony Hewitt & Grant Dell - Takin' You High

13. Art Brut - Late In The Morning(Quizz Remix)

14. PC Synergy - Lowtide(Vernon & DaCosta's Remix)

15. Ciudad Feliz - Bats

16. Matthias "Matty" Heilbronn - Riddim(Matty's II Deep Mix)

17. Duncan Grey - Later That Night

18. Sven Elmlund - Sudden Success

19. Force Sense - Time Has Come

20. 12" Superstars - Gangsta Disco

21. Plump DJs - The Funk Hit The Fan

22. Dirty Gringos - Bumpin Tacos

23. J-Rod - Natasha Lyonne

24. Justus Kohncke - 2 After 909(Dirty Gringos Pass The Salsa Mix)

25. Art Brut - Late In The Morning(Bidibulle Goes Troneek Cyril K Remix)