Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor Day Weekend BBQ???

lyrik

Anyways....I was reading some of the posts over at Cooljunkie....all the rants and raves about the spin-off....DJs feeling like they didn't get a fair chance :blah: ...a lot of words being thrown around about how well some felt they could have done in place of the 9 finalists....some of the 9 finalists stating how they felt a little short changed not making it to the final 3.

Long story short (I Know, I Know..too late)....I offered up a solution to all their back and forth bickering......

Lets have a BBQ...where all the DJs that entered, including up to the honorables and anybody else that has beef or just wants to try and out shine the next guy can come out and put up or shut up! Of course time will limit the amount of people that will be able to spin.

I pretty much have the equip. aspect covered...1200's, generator, Crown amp, DJM500, EV full stack...anymore equip. is welcome!

I was thinking South Point Park one of the days during Labor Day Weekend. I know the pavillions are only around $50.00 bucks to reserve and you have from early morn. till midnight.

IF ANYTHING IT WILL BE CHANCE FOR US TO GET OUT TO A PLACE CONVENIENT TO HANG AND MEET PEOPLE AND LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC. I AM THINKING ABOUT STARTING IT @ LIKE 10 AM (I KNOW THAT'S EARLY FOR SOME OF YOU) AND ENDING IT @ SUNDOWN...I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT THE PARK GETS A LITTLE SHADY FOR ME AFTER DARK.

FEEDBACK ON THIS IDEA WOULD BE GREAT, LETS HEAR IT.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lyrik

Anyways....I was reading some of the posts over at Cooljunkie....all the rants and raves about the spin-off....DJs feeling like they didn't get a fair chance :blah: ...a lot of words being thrown around about how well some felt they could have done in place of the 9 finalists....some of the 9 finalists stating how they felt a little short changed not making it to the final 3.

Long story short (I Know, I Know..too late)....I offered up a solution to all their back and forth bickering......

Lets have a BBQ...where all the DJs that entered, including up to the honorables and anybody else that has beef or just wants to try and out shine the next guy can come out and put up or shut up! Of course time will limit the amount of people that will be able to spin.

I pretty much have the equip. aspect covered...1200's, generator, Crown amp, DJM500, EV full stack...anymore equip. is welcome!

I was thinking South Point Park one of the days during Labor Day Weekend. I know the pavillions are only around $50.00 bucks to reserve and you have from early morn. till midnight.

IF ANYTHING IT WILL BE CHANCE FOR US TO GET OUT TO A PLACE CONVENIENT TO HANG AND MEET PEOPLE AND LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC. I AM THINKING ABOUT STARTING IT @ LIKE 10 AM (I KNOW THAT'S EARLY FOR SOME OF YOU) AND ENDING IT @ SUNDOWN...I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT THE PARK GETS A LITTLE SHADY FOR ME AFTER DARK.

FEEDBACK ON THIS IDEA WOULD BE GREAT, LETS HEAR IT.

very nice idea let me know....

Guest brwneydtrouble

We have thrown the BBQ thing back and forth, and most of us are really up for the idea. I know I for one am. Lets see is we can get this one organized with the minimum of drama.

Who wants to sponsor/host the musical aspect of it and who wants to do the food? Lyrik, looks like you may be the main man as far as music equipment goes.

I wouldn't mind doing the food part, along with DJSS, and anyone else that wants to as well. Who would be willing to volunteer a couple BBQs?

I have always thought that South Point Park would be the ideal place, since its neutral ground.....

I have brought my equip. down there a few times and had a BBQ and spun with just friends...always a good time. I want to try and get the Pavillion closest to the Beach. Also...if we do this....plan on having a parking plan down...its hell down there after 10 am.

People that want to spin can pm, I will try and sort out some times. Remember this starts early like at 10:00 Am (someday during labor day weekend, TBA) so keep that in mind. I will try to balance you guys as best aspossible with everyone else.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Remember that is the weekend of the Ultra Sunset party....Not sure what day that will be.

ANd POD, I really can care less if people bitch about this one....I'm gonna try to go if I am in town.

Im super down for a BBQ. I say if your going to have a BBQ you just put a "What are you going to bring to the BBQ" thread and let everyone say what there going to bring. In addition an extra 3-4 dollares per person for some kegs and sodas. As for the music if the equipment is there I dont think there will be any problem. With the amount of musical talent we have on the board we'll be chilllllllin....I think this could work!

sounds good to me,

and since I am such a lazy fuck, and havent done shit or brought shit to the previous ones, you can put me down for the cost of the pavilion, just as long as I can just give it to someone and not have to actually reserve it and shit. Being so far north, and with work lately I just cant do anything else :(

Hey, I'm down... I love bbq's! :) Sounds like a great idea to have some gear outside and have some ppl playing good music.. a great chance to meet and greet all CP folks :D

Couple of things, tho... Do u guys know if it is allowed to have beer or spirits of any kind in the park? Is there a maximum for ppl that may attend ur lil get together (like pavillion capacity or somn)?Rules on noise.. that type of shit... I'm saying this 'cause im sure there are all these rules and conditions the city or the park comission whomev might have to prevent get togethers from turning into major parties... oh and one last Q.. So. Point Park is at the bottom end of SoBe, right? like behind nikki's and all that? (pardon my ignorance.. sorta new to the area )

Let's hope can pull it off...

Cheers!

mp3. :smoke:

i'm down!!!

here's the phone # to reserve or for any info...

south pointe park #305.673.7750

if i'm not mistaken depending on the amount of peeps..

20 peep pavillion $50

40 or more about $70

if i remember correctly...

also i suggest renting the two pavillions near the restrooms..

those seem to be the biggest ones.. cuz either way the beach is still a bit away..& that way the restrooms are near by..

i can contribute some grub & some liver juice (chicken & alcohol)

anyways my 2 cents worth so far in helping out..

l8r..

Thanks for all the input...I will get a hold of the Park. Shroomey thanks for putting up some green...I'm sure we will be able to pitch in on the cost of the pavillion.

As far noise...I have had my equip. down there bangin' LOUD and nothing has ever been said....and I know that people have actually thrown organized events there as well with tons of sound...I speak with the park on this just in case.

I think the starting of a sticky for this event would be the next move....but let me get it a bit more organized.

Usually we do get the pavillions by the bathrooms, but we wanted to get th one closer to pier this time just becuase all the people are down that way and its right off the water...but let see what eveyone suggests.

As far as liqour we have never had a problem...but we really never asked so I will also talk with the park on this too.

South Point is located right by Nikkis/Penrod's

Being that Mini-Ultra is on the 31st....I was thinking of doinf this on the 30th. Saturday.

Any suggestions or people offering to bring food, extra equip. wlecome.....again I will keep ya all posted as I work on this!

Guest tac13081
Originally posted by sotuorlando

Im super down for a BBQ. I say if your going to have a BBQ you just put a "What are you going to bring to the BBQ" thread and let everyone say what there going to bring. In addition an extra 3-4 dollares per person for some kegs and sodas. As for the music if the equipment is there I dont think there will be any problem. With the amount of musical talent we have on the board we'll be chilllllllin....I think this could work!

Lyrik im down for the bar b que and think sotuorlandos idea is great so we can all bring something diff besides the usual (beer, and alchohal!) since we are gonna be there for the whole day...Maybe a thread for who wants to spin thread so u can give them times etccc would be great to cause no hassles....throw me on that list KID! PEACE:idea: :hat::cool::idea: