Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How many of you are djs?

lilliz77

Originally posted by lilliz77

Oh and speaking of djs...there is this guy Eric Ross who just moved to Miami and is a good dj. So when you hear his name check him out. He'll probably be playing at lounges though because he is more tech/tribal house...

he is the guy all the way to the right (we call him Ringo, from the Beatles...lol)

041.jpg

hes a great guy...hes in ny right now.......coming back at the end of the month...and we will start doing some parties togheter!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saintjohn

tranz, this is like your third "dj wannabe" post. didn't someone already offer to teach you? beg, borrow, or steal some decks, make some time for it, and learn already. you don't know what you're missing. if you're still not sure, check out the "intellect" dvd set, which includes a dj tutorial disc featuring nigel richards of 611 records. it's the first decent "how to dj" instructional video i've seen that isn't devoted to turntablism.

well, stjohn, i guess i should probably stop rubbing this jeannie bottle and waiting for my 3 wishes and get behind some desks and learn to rip it up! thanx for the encouragement and i'll keep you updated on my status!

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Hey Tranzwhore...whenever you'd like I can hit up Oscar G, Ralph Falcon or Edgar V for your lesson's, how about it...PM me and I'll definitely hook it up!;):aright:

OG & Ralph would try to convert me ova to the dark side.....you know, the "H" word!

I would be too embarassed to even attempt to learn from the Edgar. He has mad skills!

I'm gonna start in a undisclosed secret location! With a good buddy of mine, who owes me, since I've spent the past 4 years teaching him how to inhale properly!

Since 1998..I've been inspired more to this whole "DJ" thing...GROOVEJET...that was life changing!!...Before that though I started to dj in 95..spinning at those infamous "Ranch" parties...also did plenty of house parties..Then in 97 I started to dj at this club in South Beach ..called Society Hill..It was my 1st taste playing at a club and getting experience with the crowd...though I only got to play..hip hop..n old skool...it was a learning experience..I stayed there for 2 years..and druing those times I would dj at other South Beach clubs..one night venues...clubs such as: old skool...Amnesia..Salvation..KGB..Zen..

Club Deep..Charlie Brown..Cristal.. among others that I can remember...Then in 2000 I got to spin @ GROOVEJET..and it was a learning experience also....Since then I became more of a "Bedroom DJ"....I usually just chill with my crew D7 and go out to the clubs with them n check out local favorites..Roland

Oscar G...Jon Cowan..Jimmy T...Stryke..Ariel Baund..for inspiration...I'm still a punk at this..learning this craft takes years...but I honestly feel that GOD hooked me up with the gift of music! I thank him for that every day. " I got to thank God for the music" I love electronic dance music.." Underground will live forever baby.."