Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Ultra On The Beach

sweetfear

Guest saleen351

seems ultra dropped the ball... they didn't prepare and get this deal done whereas this was all worked out 3 months ago....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain factions are on a witch hunt for promoters in the US. Fortunately the origanization behind the Ultra Music Festival are responsible and follow the letter of the law. It is sad that right now the event is being harrassed but believe the show will go on.

Stay tuned more to come........

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

OK, So Ultra hires Miami/Dade police to fill in the gap. What's the problem.

I think there is something else going on here.

Amber law is a big one if you ask me.

There is nothing else going on other than that there are not enough Beach Cops. Because the City gave them the option to go to the Convention Center there is very little that their lawyers could do, if they sued. The Miami Cops have several things going on that weekend as well and they don't have any cops to spare. It is all bullshit what the City is doing but the show must go on even if it is at another venue. Believe me Ultra is going in many different ways to make this Party happen. Ultra did happen this year even though they could have been shut down but they didn't give up. And a lot of money and time was put out by a lot of people to make it happen, so give them some credit under the circumstances. Also for those who don't know anything about the Rave Act under the Amber Alert than I suggest that you look it up because it is very serious for promoters and club owners whether you believe or not. This law is unconstitutional

but it is the law now, until people start fighting it and have it reversed.

offering an option to move the event. does not supercede a contract; which I assume Ultra has, which states where the event will take place. any civil lawyer will tell you, ultra can file a civil suit against the city to recoup expenses and loss revenue as a result of a venue change. concerns about the Amber Law, should have been expressed earlier.

Originally posted by sobeton

offering an option to move the event. does not supercede a contract; which I assume Ultra has, which states where the event will take place. any civil lawyer will tell you, ultra can file a civil suit against the city to recoup expenses and loss revenue as a result of a venue change. concerns about the Amber Law, should have been expressed earlier.

Okay, so are you going to help pay for the expenses and take the chance of never being able to do another party on the beach again? No, I didn't think so. Anyway that doesn't solve the problem at hand because they are not going to change their minds. And if you are

a real follower of our generations music then you would have known and been concerned about the Amber Law yourself becasue that law just past this year.

We have to fight for our right to listen to our music.

Originally posted by katfisk

Okay, so are you going to help pay for the expenses and take the chance of never being able to do another party on the beach again? No, I didn't think so. Anyway that doesn't solve the problem at hand because they are not going to change their minds. And if you are

a real follower of our generations music then you would have known and been concerned about the Amber Law yourself becasue that law just past this year.

We have to fight for our right to listen to our music.

Ultra has a team of lawyers, which I'm sure they have no problems paying. ;) at some point the Amber Law is going to be challenged, it's ambiguous legislation so that's a given.. the question is will promoters, club owners, etc, be so intimated by the law, that they allow governments to do whatever they want unchallenged.

"fight for our right to listen to our music. " I agree..IMO part the fight involves standing up, for what you believe in at all cost. today it maybe Ultra, tomorrow it could be the next U2 concert, your local nightclub, and so on, and so on..

;)