cotoncandydream

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cotoncandydream

about you......ya we know that already ;)

no, about ultra... a bunch of ravers doing drugs to washed up pvd for 50 bucks....

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

no, about ultra... a bunch of ravers doing drugs to washed up pvd for 50 bucks....

Saleen quit being such an asshole.....

The main reason that I want to go to this event is for Groove Armada.....the thought of lounging with my friends, on the beach in the sun, a skimpy bikini listening to one of my favorites is something I don't want to miss.

Clubs are fun and all, but you can't really relax. I haven't been to the regular Ultra just yet, and I bartended during conference, so I dind't get to experience it fully.

I don't want those morons at CMB to fuck it up.......

Originally posted by saleen351

Seriously man why dont u go fuck urself.. if u dont care about it just stay away from the thread.... :rolleyes:

ccdream is trying to deliver information that is important to some ppl...

unlike all ur pointless, full-of-negativity posts, this is actaully relevant to the content of the site...

grow up, and quit being such a prick! ;)

:blown:

It better not be INDOOR!! Ultra is ment to be outdoor, more if its in the Memorial Weekend. I hate the Convention Center, it would suck, definetly if there.. I graduated there.. dont wanna see that place anymore.. I cross my fingers for it to be outdoors somewhere or at some other beach, but plz no oudoors!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

If its at the convention center, I'm not going.

THAT will attract the candyravers and druggies......

honestly jacky ... i have more fun when i go to events with people that are all ages(candy ravers, etc etc) ive noticed these people care about the music sooooo much more than the people who just go to clubs & bitch about a dj's set or to just look for flaws in their sets etc.... they dont go to look all pretty n shit ... they go to have a great time & dance... not just to sit & drink their asses off or do drugs.... yes all that shit IS involved but its just as much as a crowd at space or any other club .... im going no matter where it is :cool: :cool: :D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by koky

honestly jacky ... i have more fun when i go to events with people that are all ages(candy ravers, etc etc) ive noticed these people care about the music sooooo much more than the people who just go to clubs & bitch about a dj's set or to just look for flaws in their sets etc.... they dont go to look all pretty n shit ... they go to have a great time & dance... not just to sit & drink their asses off or do drugs.... yes all that shit IS involved but its just as much as a crowd at space or any other club .... im going no matter where it is :cool: :cool: :D

I'm talking about the ones that go to these events for the sole purpose of getting as fucked up as they can. What you just described is very much like the crowd that goes to Venu on fridays. And I dont' consider them "candyravers". I guess we just have different ideas as to what that term means. Like anything, its just a label.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I'm talking about the ones that go to these events for the sole purpose of getting as fucked up as they can. What you just described is very much like the crowd that goes to Venu on fridays. And I dont' consider them "candyravers". I guess we just have different ideas as to what that term means. Like anything, its just a label.

shut up !! no need to get your panties in a bunch... im just telling you :tongue: :tongue:

:D :D

I always like to think that the "minority" ruins things for the majority...but in our little scene I think the ruinous minority is turning into the majority. I've been to all ages events before, and a scary amount of young kids are so fucked out of their heads, it's not funny. So in my mind it's utter bullshit that all ages parties are "more about the music..." ...if anything, the crowd make up of music people vs everyone else is quite similar to a club event, or in some cases even more skewed towards drug users. Give the kids who are "about the music" a piss test, then see what is what.

21+ events of course have their share of drug users, but those people know the definition of moderation usually...or are responsible enough to abstain totally.

Originally posted by pod

I always like to think that the "minority" ruins things for the majority...but in our little scene I think the ruinous minority is turning into the majority. I've been to all ages events before, and a scary amount of young kids are so fucked out of their heads, it's not funny. So in my mind it's utter bullshit that all ages parties are "more about the music..." ...if anything, the crowd make up of music people vs everyone else is quite similar to a club event, or in some cases even more skewed towards drug users. Give the kids who are "about the music" a piss test, then see what is what.

21+ events of course have their share of drug users, but those people know the definition of moderation usually...or are responsible enough to abstain totally.

i agree with you there Pod. But there are the occasional electronic heads like me that don't have to take any pills to enjoy the music( I am 19). When I go to all ages events, it's true that there are mad pookie heads around. But trust me you'd be surprised as to how many people know about electronic music in general. At the first all ages at Space 34, OG put Dark Beat and to my surprise, most of the room was singing the vocals. I almost crapped because I know that alot of them came with the pills in hand dude.......Unfortunately the way I see it, when it's all ages i see too many people fucked up to safely say that they are there for the music.....

u guys come down so hard on the candyravers & the trancers but u know what they're (we) are all fans of music. we're all different & i certainly am not proud of some of the fashion ideas i was into in high school. goth & rockers dress funny & drink & party just like us. same with rap & hip hop. the people who are running ultra should look to other cities cops for some OT. yes that means spending alittle more but it also makes the city happy. they should have been prepared with some back up. & threw in some extra bathrooms too.