Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Eddy!!!! Important! You Focker!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

murphysmail@ yahoo.com

eddyguerramia@ hotmail.com<<<<<

tony_jessie@ hotmail.com

beagies@ sbcglobal.net

I GOT 7 EMAILS THIS MORNING ALL CONTAINING A VIRUS.. THESE ARE 4 of the addys.... it has a simular name as yours... check your shit be och....

and if anyone else has a simular address, then scan your shit....

Scan Results [Original Message]

File name: movie0045.pif

File type: application/octet-stream

Scan result: Virus W32.Sobig.F@mm found. File not cleaned.

my comp is fine, i scan everything and never open up attachments, but this crap is filling up my in box...

5 more just hit

rwerbitt@hotmail.com

Recruiting@ Trandon.com

morefeeus13@ hotmail.com

tkosk1@hotmail.com

tefogliano@ rainbow-media.com <<< this is tina at foxsports, this is fucked up!!!

everyone scan your shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cooljunkie

Learn to deal. I'm getting 1-200 a day.

that sucks.... i don't want to change my email address. i may have to pay for a better service...

i was reading an article on how and why we need to change the email system, the same system created in the 1970's is the same system we use now, but no one knows how to fix it... i'm tired of changing my email address every 2 years....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cooljunkie

Yup it's replicating like a mofo.

foxsports has it, eddy must have it, and many more... on that link there is a tool to remove it from your computer...

if the emial sez

Attachment:

your_document.pif

document_all.pif

thank_you.pif

your_details.pif

details.pif

document_9446.pif

application.pif

wicked_scr.scr

movie0045.pif

one of these, then delete it

man this worm is all over the place, should see over here in haiti. My pops runs one of the isp's over here and that worm is all over the network, people pumping traffic from their computer to all over the network infecting everybody with that stuff. Been driving them nuts all week. Might stay down here just a bit longer to keep helpin out.

Y'all need to work on your security arrangements...and no, the integrated firewall that shipped with your OS isn't going to cut it.

A decent 2-pronged defense can be set up for free...

www.grisoft.com (free antivirus software...)

www.zonealarm.com (best software firewall)

Of course, one of these is handy too.

Guns have come to paradise kids, time to shape up. When I build PCs, I install the above utilities by default, and recommend a hardware-based router/firewall solution.

Guest saleen351

pod, what you typed means nothing in this case... I have a copy of the microsoft internal company anti virus program... It updates from ftp sites that MS has set up... It's the best shit out there, and does absoultely nothing.. The worm travels threw email. Nothing above will stop regular email viruses. Sure it can scan the attachments and you don't have to open them, and you are fine, but the problem is my inbox is being flooded by others who have the worm that is emailing everyone all over the world... Yahoo has been sketchy all day.... The number of emails is going nuts and nothing can stop it until all the host computers are fixed, or they'll just keep sending them out. Yea you can block address or types of attachments, but they you are blocking all of them, and the ones i use don't go threw..

And i have a router/firewall. I dmz'ed it, it's worthless, we store nothing of importance on our computer, just guido anthems... the firewall just creates more problems, and then you gotta fuck with port forwarding and shit like that...

Well, in my case, the offending attachments are stopped before they hit my inbox. The mailserver will send a message that says "You have attempted to send a file type that is not allowed by our systems...including *.pif, *.exe, etc..."

So between the firewall, and the email server screening shit, I don't see anything.

There are ways to stop this thing, people just have to learn a little more than point and drool. And port forwarding isn't too hard to set up, either...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Well, in my case, the offending attachments are stopped before they hit my inbox. The mailserver will send a message that says "You have attempted to send a file type that is not allowed by our systems...including *.pif, *.exe, etc..."

So between the firewall, and the email server screening shit, I don't see anything.

There are ways to stop this thing, people just have to learn a little more than point and drool. And port forwarding isn't too hard to set up, either...

well in your case it makes sense, but i have some peeps emailing me exe and shit like that, that i want to get threw, and port forwarding isn't hard, just no need to fuck with it, yet i've never figured out how to get aim to work with my firewall when the other guy has one too?

Originally posted by pod

DAMN POD! This is some crazy shit! I actually understand you completely! I feel like I am actually at your level on something :D

We have an exchange server account here at work that catches all "unsafe" e-mails and attachments. Yesterday, we got 112 of those viruses everyone is complaining about in 1 HOUR. Thankfully it doesn't really reach us.

If they're emailing you an exe, tell them to zip it up...that way you can screen out the bad ones, and the good ones will get through since they're zipped...as a matter of fact, the software on my email server will automatically send you an email suggesting just that...