Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Eddy!!!! Important! You Focker!

Guest saleen351

got to wear a jimmy........

this summer/fall is going to be bad with virus attacts most attacking email servers and NT PC's. there is one zoo virus that leaked and some people are going to have some serious damage to their PC's..

I suggest norton anti-virus pro 2003 for best protection.

good luck. and defrage ur drives.!

Originally posted by sobeton

Zone Alarm + Spam Eraser + common sense = less headaches;)

toooo much control.... software like that has so much control... it pop's up with question almost for ever move u make, depending in how you set it up...

but yes.... it will protect ur pc.

one of the new visrus is selfmind.... doesn't need email to travel. it just lerks around on networks finding weak firewalls or non protected computers to clone to. once in ur pc it will set a activation date... like a time bomb to start fucking with a user.

MS anti virus the best hahaha no offense saleen. I used to work with the virus companies directly and more then one and they are all reactionary programs and in all honesty they suck but people are happy with them so they won't change until one of their big contracts tells them too.

Message Labs is the best there is out there but its for corp users only.

I haven't used av on my computer in years and have never gotten a virus.

If users were just smart and didnt open everything they get we wouldnt have this big a problem (and yes i know there are viruses that don't need interaction.) for the non interaction its called blocking attachments and if you really need something like POD said zip it and pw it. Social engineering is a beautiful thing.

And yes I know what I am talking about i get paid to do security testing on large corp and gov networks. And don't say why do we still have these problems because if they dont want to implement our recommendations then there is nothing we can do.

Just becareful and don't open every attachment you get.

im getting slammed at work by the WELCH Virus

on our networks in the US, Europe & the Ships..

It seems like a never ending battle...

of patching & removing.. what makes this worse is all the mobile laptop users..

i can say it seems worse than NIMDA...

as for the SOBIG email virus..i havent gotten one..

i think earthlink must be running a filter

:pissy:

Originally posted by nexusgroove

toooo much control.... software like that has so much control... it pop's up with question almost for ever move u make, depending in how you set it up...

but yes.... it will protect ur pc.

one of the new visrus is selfmind.... doesn't need email to travel. it just lerks around on networks finding weak firewalls or non protected computers to clone to. once in ur pc it will set a activation date... like a time bomb to start fucking with a user.

true dat ! all my alerts are set pretty high. I feel sorry for NA's , they are going to have some rocky roads ahead. :(

Let me give u an example of how messed up this virus is. At mi casa in haiti got a router with 5 comps in there now one of the computers gets the virus we fix it up, but now the virus is comin from the router itself. So anytime we connect any computer to that router virus goes to that computer, you clean it up and some other person who is also connected to that router from outside gets it and it comes back to you again. Imagine for places like hotels or dorms that have that virus and people all connected to the same network. Shit just keeps going around and around to everybody. The biggest headache for an isp with that virus is not the people's computers though but the internet itself is really slow and the outgoing traffic is really high as everybody's comps are just pumping out the virus traffic out there. It's been very weird looking at that and seeing ougoing traffic being higher then the incoming traffic. Strange sight, and if u use windows xp update update update. They had 4 security updates yesterday alone from what I was told.

Originally posted by livin42nite

Let me give u an example of how messed up this virus is. At mi casa in haiti got a router with 5 comps in there now one of the computers gets the virus we fix it up, but now the virus is comin from the router itself. So anytime we connect any computer to that router virus goes to that computer, you clean it up and some other person who is also connected to that router from outside gets it and it comes back to you again. Imagine for places like hotels or dorms that have that virus and people all connected to the same network. Shit just keeps going around and around to everybody. The biggest headache for an isp with that virus is not the people's computers though but the internet itself is really slow and the outgoing traffic is really high as everybody's comps are just pumping out the virus traffic out there. It's been very weird looking at that and seeing ougoing traffic being higher then the incoming traffic. Strange sight, and if u use windows xp update update update. They had 4 security updates yesterday alone from what I was told.

sheesh, I should'v read your whole post. I made a long winded post on how to fix this shit and then realized you know how to fix it LOL

Guest saleen351

foxnews reported last night this one was the biggest ever, but it seems to be undercontrol, i haven't gotten any emails yet, unlike yesterdays 30 or so i got...

Originally posted by saleen351

foxnews reported last night this one was the biggest ever, but it seems to be undercontrol, i haven't gotten any emails yet, unlike yesterdays 30 or so i got...

It's still alive and kicking, yeah more people are workin on it with a better understanding of it, but its still there and big time. It's only 9:45 am so expect a crapload later on.