Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official I "own" or "owned" a Jeep thread

biznation00

I have a 97 TJ & I've done more than a few upgrades to it..

That's a start...

tell us about your offroading experiences & then some. Feel free to elaborate.. this way we stop thread jacking the Space 34 thread... :laugh:

34 thread: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=178739

If you have pics it helps. Unfortunately I don't have a recent pic of josie (my jeep), but it looks something like this.. :tank:

open for discussion...

Guest saleen351

two types of people that drive jeeps..

1. those who have problems

2. those who will have problems...

they are garbage quality wise, every major mag and 90% of owners will agree..

Buying a older jeep is buying another mans problems...

they are cool, but i could not see me driving with a shirt and tie on to work in a jeep plus it's a frat boy thing...

I owned a jeep cherokee pioneer when I was seventeen....with a lift kit and big mudding tires (really fun in the snow).....long story short I ran that thing into the ground...drove from to chicago and back to my house in the suburbs while on a date...about 40 miles each way and didn't think about the oil that had been leaking all week ....and there went that car...engine locked up half way home in the middle of the expressway with my date in the car...cops pushed me to the gas station thank god and I had to call my brother in-law to come get us.

Originally posted by lyrik

I owned a jeep cherokee pioneer when I was seventeen....with a lift kit and big mudding tires (really fun in the snow).....long story short I ran that thing into the ground...drove from to chicago and back to my house in the suburbs while on a date...about 40 miles each way and didn't think about the oil that had been leaking all week ....and there went that car...engine locked up half way home in the middle of the expressway with my date in the car...cops pushed me to the gas station thank god and I had to call my brother in-law to come get us.

I'm sure your date will remeber you and that special evening forever...;)

Sorry to hear about your jeep lyrik...

ps.

Nick,

I'll deal with my problems as long as I keep goin' on my adventures... ;)

can't put 33 by 12.50 / 15 thornbirds & a 3.5 inch suspension lift on a saleen mustang. So when your stang craps out during the hurricane flood, Josie & I will keep on truckin'. Call me, I'm sure you could use a lift... ;)

Biz

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

Sorry to hear about your jeep lyrik...

ps.

Nick,

I'll deal with my problems as long as I keep goin' on my adventures... ;)

can't put 33 by 12.50 / 15 thornbirds & a 3.5 inch suspension lift on a saleen mustang. So when your stang craps out during the hurricane flood, Josie & I will keep on truckin'... ;)

Biz

i'll jump in my brothers ultra rare #137 of 140 produced Saleen Xp8 Supercharged Explorer, we can go threw it all, and smoke sports cars aswell. Nothing better than chilling with the system up lounging in the REAL RECAROS.... Jeeps are good for messing around, but not practical and certainly not nice to look at... Step up to a real truck...

and lifting a jeep is like putting tri stars on a 1992 Rx 7, it's playeddddddddddd!

just my 2 cents...

i could be wrong, but i never am:tongue:

Originally posted by saleen351

lifting a jeep is like putting tri stars on a 1992 Rx 7, it's playeddddddddddd!

just my 2 cents...

you're right, in guidoville it is... :laugh:

ps. The same thing happened when we were arguin' about what color the sky was... ;)

Had a 1994 Jeep Wrangler Rancho Suspension,36 inch Mickey Thompsons with all the bells &whistles, got rid of it after high school after I stopped surfing up and down the coast. I definately miss those days of driving it up in New Smyrna on the beach 4 wheel drive all the way!!!!!!!

i'll jump in my brothers ultra rare #137 of 140 produced Saleen Xp8 Supercharged Explorer, we can go threw it all, and smoke sports cars aswell. Nothing better than chilling with the system up lounging in the REAL RECAROS.... Jeeps are good for messing around, but not practical and certainly not nice to look at... Step up to a real truck...

and lifting a jeep is like putting tri stars on a 1992 Rx 7, it's playeddddddddddd!

just my 2 cents...

lol... saleen wow, your brother has a nice car? How cool!

Does he have a big dick and hair too?

man your just Danny Devito in that movie with Arnold., "Twins"

BTW I used to have a cherokee sport in michigan a long time ago.

I know it shouldnt count as a jeep, but it was a good all around car/truck. and that I-6 is damn near indestructible.

A good ride for the money, especially where it snows.

btw biz, I don't know about you boy... you really should be listening to saleen, maybe he'll give you some style pointers.

Originally posted by str8upcore

Had a 1994 Jeep Wrangler Rancho Suspension,36 inch Mickey Thompsons with all the bells &whistles, got rid of it after high school after I stopped surfing up and down the coast. I definately miss those days of driving it up in New Smyrna on the beach 4 wheel drive all the way!!!!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' bout anthony... ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by shroomy

lol... saleen wow, your brother has a nice car? How cool!

Does he have a big dick and hair too?

man your just Danny Devito in that movie with Arnold., "Twins"

lol, i'm not a truck guy, but if i had to buy one it would be a saleen Xp8 or the soon to be Trailblazer SS:eek:

also the dodge if they build it, will ownnnnnnnnnnnnnn

http://www.carcostcanada.com/en/research_blvd/details.asp?sno=858&catid=5

blazerss.jpg

lol, i'm not a truck guy, but if i had to buy one it would be a saleen Xp8 or the soon to be Trailblazer SS:eek:

also the dodge if they build it, will ownnnnnnnnnnnnnn

did I miss the part of the post about what you will do when you win the lotto?

Well since I grew up in Toledo, OH where every single CJ and Wrangler has ever been built, I cans ay I have see my fare share of them. I wanted a Wrangler but since I used to travel allot I decided to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have run this thing into the ground and loaded it down to the max several times. The best was driving around in the snow up north and going crazy in mall parking lots and putting it in a out of control spin . then watching my friend in a truck do it and get stuck, I was laughing my ass off.

The most use out of it was when I went camping and we put 4 guys gear in there, food etc for 4 days of camping up on the Ocoee and Sauley, in NC. Plus I had 2 kayaks on the roof rack and 3 mountain bikes on my back rack going through the mountains was a little unnerving. It looks sweet loaded down like that getting the full use out of it.

Hopefully they decide to put this one into production. with a few chnages in the colors , i think it could work. It is a good mix of what Jeep is. Called the Jeep Willys

jeep.jpg

I have a 2001 and its getting ready for the lift and 33's I drive out on the outer banks in NC all the time to surf.

And to say Jeeps are crap and problems is bullshit. I owned a 94 before this one and the new one and the old one never broke down or left me stranded.

And my second car is a sports car so I have the best of both worlds.

Saleen who would want a ghetto looking SUV like that Chevy it looks like a wanna be Escalade.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by oldschoolny

I have a 2001 and its getting ready for the lift and 33's I drive out on the outer banks in NC all the time to surf.

And to say Jeeps are crap and problems is bullshit. I owned a 94 before this one and the new one and the old one never broke down or left me stranded.

And my second car is a sports car so I have the best of both worlds.

Saleen who would want a ghetto looking SUV like that Chevy it looks like a wanna be Escalade.

and looking like an Escalade is a bad thing?