Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question....

mrmatas2277

so i was on the "shitter" yesterday...reading Newtimes and there was a good article in the music section on "Electro Bass"...its being pushed by Hydraulix II (Merlyn/Ash Rock)...they described it as Electro with that "Miami Bass" feel to it...the other member of Hydraulix (forgot his name) spins Thurs at "SideJacked" anyone been to that party???

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i def. wanna check this "electro bass" out.....

I have a suggestion for you, sir. Go to the store in the hallucination website (in my sig) and buy Jackal and Hyde's full length album, "The Badlands". In that CD you will hear what electro bass is all about. As a matter of fact, it's even harder than just "electro bass". Jackal and Hyde like to call their style, "electro-core". Trust me. You won't be disappointed. Anyone who was at the Jackal and Hyde show at The old Edge a few weeks ago knows what's up with Jackal and Hyde's BASS.

Originally posted by meng

I have a suggestion for you, sir. Go to the store in the hallucination website (in my sig) and buy Jackal and Hyde's full length album, "The Badlands". In that CD you will hear what electro bass is all about. As a matter of fact, it's even harder than just "electro bass". Jackal and Hyde like to call their style, "electro-core". Trust me. You won't be disappointed. Anyone who was at the Jackal and Hyde show at The old Edge a few weeks ago knows what's up with Jackal and Hyde's BASS.

i have heard Jackal and Hyde...i have one of their cd's, cant remember which...if this is what "electro bass" is...then i got my answer....:D

i have heard Jackal and Hyde...i have one of their cd's, cant remember which...if this is what "electro bass" is...then i got my answer....:D

That's pretty accurate although Jackal and Hyde are harder than most other electro bass artists. For example: Icey and Baby Anne both spin and produce electro bass but it's on the cheesy Florida breaks tip.....fluffy breaks if you will....:D

That's pretty accurate although Jackal and Hyde are harder than most other electro bass artists. For example: Icey and Baby Anne both spin and produce electro bass but it's on the cheesy Florida breaks tip.....fluffy breaks if you will....

so then what are Spacemen and Trip Theory?

Guest brwneydtrouble

I went to that party a couple weeks ago....I had a blast. Very chill crowd, awesome dancers. Pretty much the same vibe as Venu on Fridays, a few of the same people go to both.

Gets my approval!!

but see the cd that i have from Jackal and Hyde sounds like Fl. Breaks to me too...i guess they changed up their style...

Jackal and Hyde has always sounded the same. I guess it's in the interpretation of what one would consider "electro" or "Florida breaks". Jackal and Hyde can be categorized as Florida breaks because well they are from Florida but the "Florida breaks" sound to me at least is not as heavy as Jackal and Hyde but does have nasty bass.

I can see how Jackal and Hyde can be put in the same genre as Spacemen or Trip Theory even though I personally think Jackal and Hyde are much better than the other two. I dunno.....it's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap anyways...

Jackal and Hyde only have one official CD released. You must have "the Badlands". It's not mixed. It's an album of individual original tracks or remixes. Track 3 on the CD is their remix of "The Freaks Come Out at Night" and track 4 is "Give it all You Got 2001". Is that the CD you have?

Jackal and Hyde has always sounded the same. I guess it's in the interpretation of what one would consider "electro" or "Florida breaks". Jackal and Hyde can be categorized as Florida breaks because well they are from Florida but the "Florida breaks" sound to me at least is not as heavy as Jackal and Hyde but does have nasty bass.

I can see how Jackal and Hyde can be put in the same genre as Spacemen or Trip Theory even though I personally think Jackal and Hyde are much better than the other two. I dunno.....it's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap anyways...

Jackal and Hyde only have one official CD released. You must have "the Badlands". It's not mixed. It's an album of individual original tracks or remixes. Track 3 on the CD is their remix of "The Freaks Come Out at Night" and track 4 is "Give it all You Got 2001". Is that the CD you have?

:eek::bowdown: :bowdown:

you and DjFx are the "breaks" gurus...i dont argue...i have the cd of Jackal and Hyde that has the a red cover on it and it has songs that they have remixed...its a good cd....