Clubplanet Nightlife Community

From Toronto to New York

Hello, My name is bella i'm a club promoter/ designer from Toronto and I will be visiting New York for my birthday. I was wondering if you all could offer me some advice on the best clubs to hit in NewYork. I will be visiting September 4- 10th, 2003. I'm looking for a lounge scene with great french retro house - progressive, I also enjoy fashionably upscale clubs that play a mix of everything, preferably house, hip hop and trance. Also, I'm looking for a couple restaurants with great ambience and amazing food. I enjoy seafood, morrocean, indian, sushi - anything out of the ordinary-

I know New York is the best place to jam- so prove me right!:party:

Hi Bella,

Good time to come, things are beginning to pick up again.

On Sat the 6th we (Urban) rented a huge beautiful photography studio and basically turning it into an insane nightclub. The studio also has a huge terrace...

We are celebrating Lee Burridge's new album on the 24:7 series from GU.

The party goes from 6pm-1am, with an afterparty... its a ticketed event, like a concert... it will be insane! Never done before.

You can get tickets through clubplanet up above.

Also that sunday, for dinner, try le souk - great moroccan styled restaurant with crazy house music all night and good food.

PM me if you need more info.

-Steve

CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR FEED BACK ON THE FOLLOWING CLUBS?

ARC

CHINA CLUB

LOT 61

SOUND FACTORY

SUPPER CLUB

WEBSTER HALL

LARSKY LOUNG

ON A FRIDAY/ SATURDAY...LOOKIN' FOR ONLY THE BEST SEPT5TH/6TH

ALSO ANY SUNDAY BRUNCH PLACES?

ANY THINGS WORTH HITTING- IT'S MY FIRST TIME IN NEW YORK- BUT I'M DOING THE PARTY THING- NOT THE TOURIST THANG- HOOK ME UP WITH THE BEST- SO I'LL COME BACK FOR MORE-

hi...i just came back from Toronto..pretty weak scene from what i saw. ..i actually had fun @ Tilt Lounge on College on Friday night..the DJ was killing it

as for French House... :( ...there isnt too much of it in the city...not too many people r into it...which really sux

Maybe Timmy Regisford @ Shelter...but thats as close as you'll get..but then again he's more soulful house than anything . Junior Vasquez is known to drop some french once in a while but he doesnt have a residency as of now . Im not sure if Eric Morillo is still doing Subliminal Sessions somewhere in the city but he gets funky every once in a while.

for lounges you might wana hit up Abaya down in Alphabet CIty on either Fri. or Sat.

if ur lookin for proggie..u might wana hit up Arc (Vinyl) on Fridays..

Check your PM's.

In addition (and i know people are gonna bitch (because the ALWAYS do)) Webster hall is im my humble opinion tourist central. If your looking to do the whole "Hi im a tourist thing" then its not a bad place. Otherwise... Id steer clear.

Sept 6th. Arc is having a pretty good party.

September 6th

TSUNAMI presents:

“AFTER THE BLACKOUT†AT ARC

Main Room:

ALIEN PROECT, live

ORION, live

CRUNCHY PUNCH, live

ARI, dj set

JEAN BORELLI, dj set

SONIXPARK, dj set

Chillout Room:

MINDS OF THE DEMENTED

GREEN APLS

and more

$20 in advance (+ store commission)

$25 at the door

18+, Valid Picture ID is REQUIRED

ARC - best "big" name club music wise in the city...Saturdays r international talent..Fridays r resident Danny Tenaglia's nights

CHINA CLUB- used to have a decent monday party..now just sux ..

LOT 61- go only on a monday

SOUND FACTORY - hit or miss with Jonothan Peters on Saturdays into Sundays..dont waste your time on Friday

SUPPER CLUB-pretty good events sometimes..not sure whats coming up

WEBSTER HALL- ..err...Ricky Corbo aint bad...not too great of a crowd but u might enjoy it...

LARSKY LOUNG- never heard of it

too bad centro fly is goin thru renovations

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

hi...i just came back from Toronto..pretty weak scene from what i saw. ..i actually had fun @ Tilt Lounge on College on Friday night..the DJ was killing it

SUGAR, YOU SHOULD HAVE HIT ME UP- I THINK I CATCH YOUR SCENE- NEXT TIME YOU'RE IN THE T.O. MSN ME- I GOT ALL THE HOOK UPS AND GUESTLIST NEEDED- AS FOR FRENCH RETRO HOUSE, MY LOUNGE IS TRYING TO BIG IT UP- IN REGARDS TO JUNGLE-BACK IN THE DAYS STYLE- TORONTO IS KEEPIN' IT ALIVE- MY NEW ONLINE WEBMAG IS ALL BOUT' THAT COMMUNITY- CHECK OUT www.keep6.com