Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Falken Tires?

HAZE

I just ordered 4 Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires from www.tires.com

Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I've heard they're pretty good. I need an all-season tire that still has some good handling so these seemed the best and they're cheap. I got 4 V-rated 195/55R-15s for $284.00

falhv4.ang.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?step=details&productType=TIRE&source=vehicle&index=2&productCodeIndex=28737

Falkens tend to be decent. Some people bitch about them, some say they're really good. I'm a Kumho guy myself.

For all-season though, i def. wouldn't recommend them. They're more of a "spring/summer/fall" performance tire. When snow hits the road, it'd be good to have a set of steel wheels and snow tires or something less aggressive on the tread. I tried winter with a set of Nitto NT-450's which are similar, and oh man. What a mistake that was.

I had Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s before and I loved them. But I made the mistake of keeping them on in the winter. Oh man, what a mistake that was. When it snowed really hard that one day, I had to get pushed up a hill getting on to Rt. 3. I also couldn't make it up a hill by my house so I just parked and walked home.

I switched to Yokahama Avid T4's after that. They were great in the snow, but the handling wasn't that good. I think these Falkens will handle better and might be OK in the snow. Hopefully next winter won't be as bad as this one.