Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Did Cp Become So Promoter Driven...................

ALL I SEE ON HERE IS PROMOTERS BEGGING FOR PEOPLE TO COME TO CLUBS

MAN I THOUGHT THAT ENDED LIKE 3 YEARS AGO

IS EVERYONE PROMOTERES NOW?

STRANGE.......I MEAN I THINK I CAN HAVE MY DOG GO TO A RESTRANT AND PITCH THEM TO TURN IT INTO A LOUNGE AND I BET MY DOG WILL BE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE ON HERE PROMOTING CLUBS.......SCEEN HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORST

Originally posted by caruch

STRANGE.......I MEAN I THINK I CAN HAVE MY DOG GO TO A RESTRANT AND PITCH THEM TO TURN IT INTO A LOUNGE AND I BET MY DOG WILL BE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE ON HERE PROMOTING CLUBS.......SCEEN HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORST

WOW YOU HAVE A VERY TALENTED DOG

arent you a promoter dude lol?

I don't know if he's a promoter or not but like usual, people on CP missing the fucking point. Because I don't see him bombarding the board with tacky redundant promotional garbage. He may be a promoter but I have yet to see one promotional thread produced by him.

Originally posted by calebb

I don't know if he's a promoter or not but like usual, people on CP missing the fucking point. Because I don't see him bombarding the board with tacky redundant promotional garbage. He may be a promoter but I have yet to see one promotional thread produced by him.

this was intended for mkutlass

I'll do you one better - Why did anything ever become promotor driven? Why the fuck do club owners really think they need these fools? Why are they willing to give up the door & a % of the bar for them to throw flyers everywhere & pimp out thier place?

Originally posted by dtrave

I'll do you one better - Why did anything ever become promotor driven? Why the fuck do club owners really think they need these fools? Why are they willing to give up the door & a % of the bar for them to throw flyers everywhere & pimp out thier place?

i can't agree with you more........i don't know who you are and what you do but dude, i won't got to any clubs that are pushed by these mickey mouse so called promoters

here's why, what ever they advertise on a flyer is 99% precent Bullshit and lies..

Last year some party promoted Carmen Electra,,,,, No Show then there's the Bullshit benifit with 10 artists advertised... and out of the 10 2 show up

which means that was the plan, I'm sure that when you hear something on the radio that is controled by the owner there reputation is at stake and 99.9% of the time the promotion is true....... and that all i got to say about that Dude:laugh:

arkmoned's last post & DTRAVE's last post

this is why the only things i get involved in are parties that are NOT

done with promoters

the only ppl actually throwing the partys are the DJS and their friends or co-workers--

best ones ive seen yet-

in fact

theres two im doing next month ( or sept)

NO PROMOTERS

BOTH FREE EVENTS

djs get paid FLAT FEE @ DOOR and its DRInks all night YEAH BABY

so whos commin?

:::::::::::::not intended to be a shamless promo:::::::::::::::::::::::::

you can be successful without promoters.. but places like abyss and metro have been around so long BECAUSE of the promotion... they keep people going to the club -- joey enuff can go to a noname club in jerzey with his promotional staff and turn it into jerzey's #1 club over nite - so promotion counts!

From you bumping all your own threads mark :laugh:

I hope to see you on the 20th :D

Originally posted by mkutlass

"arent you a promoter dude lol?"

Exactly ................................... Your a hypocrite

What's Funny is all these promoters think there parties r the bomb. Here were some real parties

Life -Tuesdays

China club Mondays

Roxy Friday's -(Boris)

no i am not a promoter anymore, i think i put my time in when i was in college plus its so not what it used to be when i was promoting back in 99.

i just asked a question, i am not trying to offend people, just a topic to talk about cause all i see is promotions on here

Originally posted by carguy19

From you bumping all your own threads mark :laugh:

I hope to see you on the 20th :D

i will try to stop in i just dont think attenting taste this winter is a place i wana hang at. but i will stop in and say hi if i can

Originally posted by secretpromos

you can be successful without promoters.. but places like abyss and metro have been around so long BECAUSE of the promotion... they keep people going to the club -- joey enuff can go to a noname club in jerzey with his promotional staff and turn it into jerzey's #1 club over nite - so promotion counts!

that horse shit

promoters aren't needed

Originally posted by trewguy

that horse shit

promoters aren't needed

OK so you're trying to tell me that if you go and open up a club tomorrow... and you have zero promoters, it'll be successful? Yea you might pull some heads, but the club will be empty! U NEED PROMOTERS to have a successful night... even if the DJ is promoting it, he's still a "promoter."

First of all I have to say there are alot of valid points on this thread but there is one that is really missing. That is every nightclub owner needs more then one night at their venue to succeed. It is tough enough to get one night running strong but to do multiple nights they need distinction. They get this by the various promoters they hire. Some promoters target certain markets while others dont. I have been in this business for 10 years now and I must agree with Caruch that things have definitely changed over the past couple years. More places opening and with all this competition out there they are counting on promoters to get the word out these owners wouldnt know any other way. Me personally I dont consider myself a promoter as much as I do a consultant. I offer more to a club I feel with staffing and overall knowledge of the business. Mind you right now I work for two great owners that have been around the scene more then 15 years in the guys from the Abyss/DEKO and Joey Jr. and they still look at me for answers on current trends and what is out there that the public wants to see or hear. Plus I dont like looking at the people that come to these clubs as my customers. I work at places that I know I have power at so I can take care of the people I consider my friends. I do make it a point to let people know where I am working because most people enjoy the parties I work at. If it takes me going on a message board to make sure it gets done then I will do it. I have a very extensive email list and most of these people have been on my list for a while and so I blast them an email because they care to know. I bring my own staff to any venue I work at and I like to do the things that I do everywhere I work. As people may notice most of my parties have alot of the same staff. I like it that way and I wont go into a venue without that power. There are only a few consultants / promoters that can do something like that (Joey Enuff, Tommy D, etc) and that is why they are respected much more and paid lots of money to do it. It is not an easy job and I hope people dont think its just throwing flyers around. Making sure ur party is fresh and bringing top of the line talent that keeps everyone interested is not easy and u must have the proper contacts and knowledge of the business to do it. So what I am trying to say is that every nightclub is in need of me or a person that distributes flyers but what some of what these owners lack in knowledge of the business they pick up from their hired help.