Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Music Festival Labor Day Event News & Information

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

wait, i'm confused, this event is now insdie? This event is not going to be held out in the sun or beach???

this is a freaking joke.....:laugh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Nope this is what had to be done to keep the event alive. It was better than cancelling. See everyone there.:)

ok, let me get this straight, people who were all ready to hit the beach and party in the sun, are gonna cram into an arena and listen to trance music at 9pm?????

ultra dropped the ball...

Originally posted by saleen351

ok, let me get this straight, people who were all ready to hit the beach and party in the sun, are gonna cram into an arena and listen to trance music at 9pm?????

ultra dropped the ball...

the whole sunset thing was a real turn on!

the 1st ultra was there & it was awesome.

i hope people still go.

is PVD still gonna spin? what time?

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Nope this is what had to be done to keep the event alive. It was better than cancelling. See everyone there.:)

We really feel for you guys. That was seriously F*#&ed up what the city of Miami did to your event. I'm sure the anyone with enough $$$ to organize and promote an event like this has already thought of seeking legal advice (loss of revenue, additional advertising, etc.) Like everyone else, the thought of partying on the beach was a strong incentive for us to come down (especially since we're more into house than trance). Good luck with your event!

HSP

hot clubber spots/pics/dancers/employment at... www.hotspotpromos.com

:confused:

What's the purpose then? I don't get it. ULTRA is characterized for being outdoors........

At this point what would the diff. be between this and SPACE? Acutally SPACE might even have a better line up, sound system, remains open till noon, etc. etc. ect.....

Sucks, not ultras fault of course. Has this decision been finalized?

Do ticket prices remain the same?

aargghhh .. well, Ive got my ticket allready, could do lots of stuff instead that day on the beach, but nothing compares to an Ultra @ the beach:(.. aaand.. there's nothing big going on.. but it sounds more like a Global Gatherings kind of thing but with some better line up.. I wonder how it would be indoors.. not the same sound level.. not same experience.. but, what can you do?!?!.. See everyone attending there.

Originally posted by liquidx

aargghhh .. well, Ive got my ticket allready, could do lots of stuff instead that day on the beach, but nothing compares to an Ultra @ the beach:(.. aaand.. there's nothing big going on.. but it sounds more like a Global Gatherings kind of thing but with some better line up.. I wonder how it would be indoors.. not the same sound level.. not same experience.. but, what can you do?!?!.. See everyone attending there.

:mad: i got mine too.. but oh well.. lets see how it turns out afterall.. wonder if there's gonna be some kinda meetup of some sort or something,,

Okay that really sucks, 2 friends of mine are coming from WI and the only reason why they are/were coming was because it was on the beach and don't know if they are coming for sure now , I know it's not Ultra Guys fauld but still that really sucks . The only thing ultra guys can do to make it up is to bring better DJs .

Anyway Thanks for the info

I have been to a few parties in rockford, but no closer to lake Michigan....Gurnee(SIX FLAGS), Round Lake, Grayslake, Antioch...and also grew up on the North Side of Chicago!.....I did party up in Madison some time too....friends were in college up there!

Check the BBQ post for details....but the address is

20775 SW 129th Ct.

It is pretty south, but it will be worth the drive no matter where you are coming from.....I'll be posting directions on thurs or fri this coming wee in detail! But you can always use map quest or yahoo travel directions. I expect a lot of people there from CP.

hey guys, i understand that you're all dissapointed that it's not going to be in the beach, but c'mon. I'm going for the music. PVD and Donald Glaude are the reasons i'm going there. There are a lot of events that are held indoors like Trance Energy which is amazing(i downloaded a video and it's incredible!!) I think the sound will be even better inside. I just hope the scene doesn't die in Miami. All this bitching by the government is getting me pissed. :mad:

no offense to Ultra, but this is bullshit. it defeats the purpose of the event. Sun, Beach, and Music AKA Ultra Beach Fest! add to that it’s 18 and over. there by screwing over everyone under 18, who might actually be into the music. IMO they should have canceled the f*cking event, instead of kissing the city’s ass. or better yet tell the city to f*ck themselves, and do it at another indoor venue off the beach. the only winner here is the city, they got cut their cake and eat it to, and ultra gets stuck with expensive crumbs. HOW SAD !

Ultra Convention Fest 2003 :confused:

People's anger is understood but telling anyone that we have to co-exist with to F Off is not going to help this event or future Ultra events. Or other promoters for that matter. If you think we are getting a raw deal call the city's office of management yourselves and complain that you think this is unfair. Ultra's productions cost an emmense amount of money to produce these shows and a hell of a lot of heart considering it is a completely thankless task. So though we know a lot of you are dissappointed about the change in venue understand that it sucks for us too. But talking sh*t is counter productive and right now is unneccessary to helping this be a good time for people.

There is really not a lot of options for Sunday but if you go out we hope you come see us at the Miami Beach Convention Center.

PEACE