Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Afterhours Review @ Space34

djtroy

Well tell me if you think this is wrong. We get to space the guy tells me on the phone it will cost 500 for a vip table if I have 7 people. I tell him I might have a few more he says no problem ill take care of you (We are all in the biz). I ended coming down with 10 people he charges me 800 so we are off to a bad start. I get in there and Its the first time I have heard Marcus Schultz play. I met him a few months ago through Edgar V hes a nice guy. He was tearing it up at space the crowd was feeling it for sure. Then it seemed like as fast as he got up there he was done. We were now in for the worst expirience ever. Donald Glaude walks up there and starts playing, he SUCKS. He played 50 cent in the club and I looked around and there was not one persone moving in the whole place. In fact they were looking at him like why the fuck is he jumping around like a fuckin fool and why the hell is he playing this shit. Then if it couldnt get worse he drops Eurythmics sweet dreams next (sounded like the original). Thats when half the people I came with went home they had enough.

Does anyone know who played after Donald Glaude. The girls I was with said they had to go cause the DJ looked like a monster. hahahha .So we all dipped and went back to West Palm Beach. Is this the end of a time where Space meant Loud Hard Dark and a full house jumping up and down with every build up?

Originally posted by djtroy

Well tell me if you think this is wrong. We get to space the guy tells me on the phone it will cost 500 for a vip table if I have 7 people. I tell him I might have a few more he says no problem ill take care of you (We are all in the biz). I ended coming down with 10 people he charges me 800 so we are off to a bad start. I get in there and Its the first time I have heard Marcus Schultz play. I met him a few months ago through Edgar V hes a nice guy. He was tearing it up at space the crowd was feeling it for sure. Then it seemed like as fast as he got up there he was done. We were now in for the worst expirience ever. Donald Glaude walks up there and starts playing, he SUCKS. He played 50 cent in the club and I looked around and there was not one persone moving in the whole place. In fact they were looking at him like why the fuck is he jumping around like a fuckin fool and why the hell is he playing this shit. Then if it couldnt get worse he drops Eurythmics sweet dreams next (sounded like the original). Thats when half the people I came with went home they had enough.

Does anyone know who played after Donald Glaude. The girls I was with said they had to go cause the DJ looked like a monster. hahahha .So we all dipped and went back to West Palm Beach. Is this the end of a time where Space meant Loud Hard Dark and a full house jumping up and down with every build up?

No respect...Glaude sucks ...just because you don't appreciate his sound or track selection doesn't mean he sucks....what frame of reference do you have to judge someone with the technical and turntable skills such as Glaude? Please :rolleyes:

It was the Ultra after-party early morn. labor day. Donald's sound is not something Miami is use to hearing...it's in your face from the word go. I just can't stand when people bash artists because they don't like their sound.....there is tons of DJs that I would not care to listen to, but I wouldn't bash them and say they suck, unless they obviously have poor technical skills....which Donald does not.

I didnt want to say he sucked. In his defence his mixes were on point and he lots of energy but I just cant stand what has become of America and all this hip hop and when a Dj plays Fifty AKA Ferarri I get a little pissed so for a lackof a better word I said he sucked. He just didnt do anything for me and from what I saw he didnt do anything for anyone else in there either. I am a 4-4 fan so anything else doesnt make me move.

$800.00 for 10 people on a holiday weekend. that’s a bargain my friend, I don’t how often you do VIP. heard Donald Glaude for the first time live at Ultra, I thought his set was a bit short, but definitely funky and his mixing is nothing short of sickness! I would love to hear him and Stryke go at on the dex. :cool:

I respect your opinion, if you think Donald sucks. his style is certainly not for everyone."there was not one persone moving in the whole place. " that would be a first in nightclub history.

:laugh:

just for the record you weren't there so the VIP was on the floor right in front of the booth and I still didnt dance my ass off.

Well what i meant is that his music is best enjoyed on the dancefloor.

I have seen Glaude many times b4 and can understand why you wouldnt like him from what you say but to say he sucks sounds too harsh.

I like his "jumping around like a fuckin fool" because its not only fun to watch him get so into his set but its also a contagious vibe.

I didnt want to say he sucked. In his defence his mixes were on point and he lots of energy but I just cant stand what has become of America and all this hip hop and when a Dj plays Fifty AKA Ferarri I get a little pissed so for a lackof a better word I said he sucked. He just didnt do anything for me and from what I saw he didnt do anything for anyone else in there either. I am a 4-4 fan so anything else doesnt make me move.

What has become of America....know your history....Glaude has been rockin' dancefloors for a long time now....it's not like he's new at this and to his defense his background was first as a hip-hop DJ.....and did you say you're a 4-4 fan....what the fuck does Donald play?!?! HOUSE 4-4. Donald's music is about having fun and going crazy...he spins fun upbeat off the wall records.

In addition, it's so funny how people are so judgemental...the whole rag on hip-hop music is getting old to me...it's not like I'm deep into the hip-hop scene...but come on....you mean to tell me all underground dance has profound meaning and lyrics...I could name tons of "4-4" records that do nothing but loop vocal samples about drugs, sex, violence, hate...hmmm real moving....isn't it a case of the pot calling the kettle black??? (no Pun Intended) I am a lover of music from every genre...and there is intelligent music in every scene.

By the way...I absolutley love the track Donald plays that samples 50 cent's In da club....its's remixed by a legend...Todd Terry, but that's just me...I probably don't know a thing about a 4-4 beat....I don't think they spin that type of music back home in Chicago.