Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Must Read: Clubland

djdekan

Originally posted by beatfriek

your sig does all the jacking kid!!!!

So who wrote the book???

A guy named Frank Owen, think he works with the New Times now....Awesome book, definetly recommend. The other one to read is Disco Bloodbath.

Party Monster will be in Miami Oct. 10th!

Originally posted by djdekan

Great Fucking book, looking foward to the Movie "Party Monster".

Book is all about Gatien, Alig and Paciello...... Rise and Fall of both NY Scene (Limelight) and Miami Scene (Liquid/Bar Room).

"Clubland" looks like an interesting read, but it doesnt seem to talk much about the miami scene :confused: . The good old Gatien story (to the detail) would be the only reason for spending my time on those pages, but the Alig story is Played out. It is even rather disturbing actually, no matter how revolutionary it was. I mean I watched it once, but no need to keep going over all the details over and over again. Same reason why I dont care too much about the movie Party Monster; its a recount of the same story/scene.

It was revolutionary, dont take me wrong, but I think that if there is a Story worth watching and telling maybe the History of Clubs in NY and the Big dance Club phenomenon in general is the story of Studio 54: The legend. . Maybe if ur looking for a complete lesson in Club history, then there is the story of the glorious and most influetial Paradise Garage .

I'm up to the neck w stuff I'm reading at the time, but I'd sure like to pick these up for when I have some time off...

peace!

mp3.- :smoke:

i saw the movie saturday night at the sneak preview. it was cool to see wilmer play keoki who got me through collage at simons back in the day. the movie is ok. a little weird but the acting is great. very cool to see the come back of limelight and the scene in the 80's and early 90's