Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5'-7' and clean

shroomy

Just about 2 months ago I had my fav board stolen right out of my jeep. :balls:

A 6' Kechele custom fish.. It's always soo hard to replace a board & over 11 years I've gone thru only 5 different boards. This one was by far my fav. Had it for 3+ years.

I had a 7pm meeting @ Life & I was out surfin' the whole day (small thigh high summer chop). I got to life, locked my jeep with the board inside as I always do. When the meeting was over I went down stairs to the parking lot to hop in my car & I noticed my board was gone... My 1st thought was, "the life guys are tryin' to punk me", but it wasn't the case... Bummed...

I have a 6'4 Kechele thruster just right for the 6' + surf, but I've been soo down about my fish that I haven't been out since. Anyways, just thought I'd share my pain... :boohoo:

i sold my board before I moved down here in july ( it was constantly flat, needed the cash, wanted something different anyway)

and now I need another board. what shops around have the best selection of used boards? or any of you have one to sell?

i'd like something about 6'4" * 19 * 2.5 or near that. my last board was a potatoe chip.

something with some stability (i'm not that good)

Originally posted by johnnyr

i sold my board before I moved down here in july ( it was constantly flat, needed the cash, wanted something different anyway)

and now I need another board. what shops around have the best selection of used boards? or any of you have one to sell?

i'd like something about 6'4" * 19 * 2.5 or near that. my last board was a potatoe chip.

something with some stability (i'm not that good)

Must check out Island Water Sports on 163rd Biscayne Blvd. (NMB). They have a good selection of used boards. prob the best in town. Talk to Scott & tell him Biz sent you.. ;)

Aside from that you got Birds surf shop on 163rd st. just over the causeway b4 hittin' A1A. & you have another shop across from Jonny Rockets in cocomut grove (Can't think of the name right now).

If you get a chance hop up coast to Quiet Flight in Cocoa. Prob the best selection of used boards in Fl. There's a nice spot just out front of Quiet Flight called Boardwalk where you can catch some decent waves & there's always 2nd light which is usually a bit crowded on good days, but breaks nice. I'd give you my secret spot in Melbourne, but if I tell ya, I have to kill ya.. :knife:

Good luck... ;)

Stuart Rocks,&Hutchison Island was going off today overhead, breaking bout a quarter of a mile out Can't wait to get my arse back up to Sebastion Inlet

btw I used to be a Matt Kechle freak until I turned over my faith to Al Merick with Channel Island enjoy it people the surf here in Florida has been shitty the past few years anybody remember Halloween of 1992 (SWEET SCREAM) Deerfield&Boca 10 foot shore break and New Smyrna WAS 15 FEET PLUS!!!!!! on the outside biggest surf I have ever seen down here I broke 2 boards in less than an hour and came close to drowning

Originally posted by biznation00

Must check out Island Water Sports on 163rd Biscayne Blvd. (NMB). They have a good selection of used boards. prob the best in town. Talk to Scott & tell him Biz sent you.. ;)

Aside from that you got Birds surf shop on 163rd st. just over the causeway b4 hittin' A1A. & you have another shop across from Jonny Rockets in cocomut grove (Can't think of the name right now).

If you get a chance hop up coast to Quiet Flight in Cocoa. Prob the best selection of used boards in Fl. There's a nice spot just out front of Quiet Flight called Boardwalk where you can catch some decent waves & there's always 2nd light which is usually a bit crowded on good days, but breaks nice. I'd give you my secret spot in Melbourne, but if I tell ya, I have to kill ya.. :knife:

Good luck... ;)

thanks. i'll definately check those places out. doubt i'll get up to cocoa though. rumor has it melbourne is going off right now. my cousins live in jupiter and i guess they cut school today and were up there. solid waist to chest and clean and building.

any of you heard of a good spot in pompano? something rocks? a friend from long island is moving down to boca in a few weeks and his boys who live upcoast told him to hit pompano, something rocks? i have no clue. anybody know? i thought maybe they meant blowing rocks up in jupiter island?

Originally posted by brui

C,mon Biz share it!:hat: and have u heard a rumour about banning surfing in sobe?

Banning surfin' in SOBE?? :( Haven't heard anything about that. That would suck though, cuz localy I usually always surf @ 1st & I've been surfin' that spot for a looooooong time. Not a big Halouver fan. Only venture there when I'm hittin' Harbor House when the wind's blowin' from the north. Rarely though...

Originally posted by str8upcore

btw I used to be a Matt Kechle freak until I turned over my faith to Al Merick with Channel Island

Not a big Merrick fan for one reason. I can't get Merrick customs & I can't bring myself to buy a board off a rack anymore. would be nice though- Imagine that.. Walkin' into Merrick's crib & pickin' up a new stick he shaped just 4 u with his bare hands... :eek:

The only prob is, he only does that for the Big boys. plus Merricks are pricey... I grew up watchin' Machado surf. I would try & mimic his style on my skateboard (lol). Always wanted a Merrick back then cuz he rode one, but I got spoiled on Kechele customs. So I've been ridin' them since.

Had a 6' 5 pin tail Rusty once which was fast & tight for bigger waves. Nice board, but just not for Fl. surf. My only west coast board ever.

Back when I 1st started, every newbie wanted a Rusty or a Merrick. I was proud padeling out on the Rusty then, but now some of my kechele's out perform it down here. :)

Hey Biz you can custom order a Channel Island but it is pricey, I like my rocker machine 18 1/4 wide 2 1/4 -2 3/8 thick with rediculous flip I stillhave an old Kechle rocker machine from back in the day I broke the nose off but had it re glassed years back, I am interested in ordering one of these new hybrid boards everyone is geting for the smaller days which usually happens alot here in SoFla.

Get yourself a fish if you wanna get real wet. A bit smaller, looser & faster than ur average thruster. Feels a bit weird off the tail at first, but when you get the hang of it, you won't put it down. Get yourself some FCS fins & change em' up tri fin or twin for the days you feel like gettin' sassy.

wanna hear something funny.. I once broke the center fin & I kept surfin' on 2 fins that day. I was a bit bummed at first, but that wasn't gonna stop me that day. When I got on the 1st few waves on 2 fins I had a blast. It didn't come off the wave soo good & didn't paddle as well without the center fin, but boooy was that sh_t loose & I had fun throwin' it around. The next day I took it to the shop but they couldn't get to work on it right away & it would of been in the shop for days. So I said f_ck it & I ended up surfin' on it for about a month as it was. Sure it's not good for the foam, but that day I knew I wanted a twin fin to play with from here on out. Since then, interchangable fins are the way to go... :aright:

look into the hybrid... or cruise on a fun shape- big guy's like you luv em for fl. surf...