Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Djs

soniquarium

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by drsatan

i dont know about the rest of CP..but im totally feeling that jack daniels hat...

OG is always rockin some hat or other...I dont' think I have ever seen him without one.

The key is HAD a TEN YEAR LEAP. I play the UK at least three times a year and it has gotten worse. Hence...all my mates are playing the US more and more. Cream Fields has lost its edge, Gatecrashers has sized down its presence. MOS has become crap. Most of my friends play smaller venues now in the UK vrs the Massive venues that once where.

In my professional speak....UK and The USA have been chessyed out. (NYC and Miami are carrying the torch for now....with great djs and producers)

When P Diddy enters the House Music scene.....you know its commerical time.

South Amercia is where it is at. Brazil, Spain (not Ibiza), Venezuela, Argentina, Peru. I believe these places are in the mist of a massive music movement in House music. (all house,).

Those countries are my main focuse far more than the UK right now.

It will be exciting to see where South America takes us in the world of dance music

Thats too bad that some djs in this area are predict.

If you want a little something different to check out and hear a definate different style of sound i recommened you come check out "ART n Sound " a new saturday weekly that myself and B-Side have started.

The new promotions go into effect this week so we are just building it up but it takes those other people that are tired of the same old that are open to another sound, a difference for a change, and ears that arent expecting to hear the typical sound of "South Beach".

I am from san francisco, I am here for another year.

My job brought me here.

So since i have been here i have only heard a handful of really good talent, but thats because im used to a different vibe and a style all its own, not sayin that djs here do not sound good , im sure in there own right they are amazin.

But i am trying to educate the area with a whole different sound.

Not sayin its what sobe needs but simply offering a different vibe for a fresh new beggining.

I havent been here long enough but i hear people downplaying the house music scene here.

And thats not what im about.

Im simply doin it for the love of house music!

"Art n Soul "

A fusion of local underground artist shocasing unique and creative art and the celebration of true house music

Artists rotate monthly.

Your weekly resident deckers...Layin down the soul with deep , jazzy soulful, funky tracks

DJ Aladdin

( emerge recordings SF )

DJ B-Side

(Stanton, FLH )

" play from your heart , soul and for yourself and they will follow "

DJ Aladdin

When were you last in SF?

The scene there has slowed up a bit but like most places and everywhere else as far as the econemy has put everyone to a slow.

Even here.

Tweeky sounding as in really filtered out disco? or really progressive? ...when i here the word tweeky i associate it with tweekin out crystal meth heads bangin out to really pumpin progressive house. Fitered disco has died.

Not all of San francisco sounds like "OM" recordings or mark farina they are just the ones who put a certain sound on the map and are truly phenominal artists.

In fact mark doesnt always sound the same. and if your into deep house he is definately deep but mark can also bang it out.

There are many differnt sounds coming out of SF.

For instance I like to combine real funky jazz influents, percussion, piano licks, with heavy cords, & fat basslines layered over a chunky drumtrack. even vocals.

But it depends on the crowd and where im playin.

Sometimes i can get really funky and driving.

Sorry just had to elaborate a little ...sometimes things can be misunderstood in words.

I mean alot of people i run into along the path here always in some way or another think that SF sound is Om records or miguel migs but its not ...the SF sound was developed by pioneers like Rasoul, Garth, Panhandle records, and then there was Om and Mark.

But are all truly ranking DJs! Hats off!