Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Might as well, DMB fans thread post.........!!!

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by momadance

its neither D(u)MB or the dead, its phish. but its not officially announced yet, all just rumors at this point.

and if it does get announced, were taking over SoBe alright. you just wait and see, youll be begging us for our nuggets and molly.

....you should come check out a show for a night, it will blow you away to see real music, and you will be surprised about how wrong your sterotyes are (and you can still make it out to clubland in time, as shows end around 11:30)

You don't even know who you're talking to. I'm a big Trey Anastasio fan (in Oysterhead at least).

I grew up in the environment, saw a few shows, smelled the smells, and so forth, packed my bags, and came to Miami.

OK you can have Miami Beach, since it's 90 percent ghetto anyway. Just leave Nerve alone! :laugh:

As for wanting the drugs, I'll pass. I have another habit which consumes a lot of money.

i might know who i was talking to, i grew up wn westchester, lol

have you heard/do you care for treys solo band stuff? i like it much more than phish, and ive been seeing phish since 1992 (over 100 shows). great drum and bass rythems wuiith great layering of a 10 piece band (5 horns). plus much smaller shows.

anyone wanna tell me the word on hotels in the other thread i started??

1. whats your 'other habbit'

2. nerve sounds like its the place. ill definatly be there one night. Im not some hairy smelly wookie coming to your town just because my band is there. I'm a clean cut, hard working NYer, who has been meaning to come down there with my fiancee (who will be my wife by then) for some time, and we have been very very busy for the last year. it just works out well that we will be able to get down there, and also see some shows while we are there..but were hitting up the dance spots too. (or shell go even more crazy than i would)

Never caught this thread really, but the dave matthews band is great. I agree that while most modern rock songs suck in comparison to the past there is still a couple of good acts. This year there has been some of the best albums I've purchased in a long time in Coldplay's- A rush of blood to the Head and the very different sounding White Stripes- Elephant. Both are amazing albums though the white stripes one won't appeal to lots of people. Oh and I can't forget radiohead. Those are my 4 fav bands right now and pretty much what I listen to when I'm in the mood for something other then the usual house cd's.

Hey I used to be a big fan of DMB. Ive been to about 15 concerts and after i went to the last one i lost all respect. They used to be about the music, it was 20 bucks for a lawn ticket at the place I mostly go to... I went a few weeks ago, paid 45 bucks for a lawn ticket and got the shortest set ive ever seen, with a jam that lasted the whole concert but only consisted of the drummer hitting the drum every few seconds... everyone in the crowd was not even moving it sucked so bad...Im sorry to say that ill never see those fools, or as it stands now, since Dave went solo, that fool again...its one thing to sell out, but to leave your band members behind is a dick thing to do (i dont know the story behind his album, but after the most recent show ive seen, i just assumed he left the band to make more for himself)...

Guest saleen351

i didn't know he left that band, that sucks if he did, but i can say for sure it's not about money, that guy is always 1 or 2 in concert sales a year.... One year it was like 60 million bucks.. and this concert in the park is free for charity....

DAVE MATTHEWS' SPECIAL TO AIR ON MTV

9/12/2003 4:32:19 PM

On September 19th at 10 p.m. Eastern Time, the MTV Special, MTV2 presents Dave Matthews will premiere on MTV. The special will feature Dave playing acoustic version of songs from Some Devil and answering questions from the audience. To preorder Some Devil, click here.:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.nancies.org/about/faq/dmbfaq.txt

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by livin42nite

well seeing as to many dmb fans here, whats your fav song from the boys?

hard to say, but i just love Dancing Nancies, deals with choices we make in life and thinking what we could have been....

then again satelite is the bomb too...

fuck it, the whole under the table and dreaming album...:D

sattelite is a jam

but i need to go to the car and look for the name of the other one im thinking about......

on another note ive got busted stuff, but i really havent taken the time to listen to it....what do u guys think of it....ill get around to listening to it gor real one of these days!!!!

and there cant be a dave matthews band without dave...what would be the point, maybe he made a soslo albm for shits and giggles, but i dont think he left dmb....those guys know they got something no other band out there really has right now!!!!!