Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buy Music Stop frickin downloading already!

djqwest

now why would u be banned? Ur a valuable contributor to this board but honestly man, this is one tired argument. Downloaders aren't going to be deterred by ur tired plea to support the industry. I think we all understand where ur coming from, but I don't think the downloaders really care. Get off the soapbox dude. Ur point has been made by countless others already. :zzz:

I don't appreciate your moderating efforts with respect to closing a perfectly good thread... in effect you have imposed censorship on myself and the other members.

You're gonna tell us what we should and should not discuss within this forum simply because you yourself are tired of hearing it? That's not necessarily the role of a moderator.

I don't personally care how tired the argument is it's still a relevant topic and still a current affair within the industry.

I'm not on any soup box regarding this issue but it does appear as though you've taken your new found powers above and beyond the call of duty.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

now why would u be banned? Ur a valuable contributor to this board but honestly man, this is one tired argument. Downloaders aren't going to be deterred by ur tired plea to support the industry. I think we all understand where ur coming from, but I don't think the downloaders really care. Get off the soapbox dude. Ur point has been made by countless others already. :zzz:

Originally posted by djqwest

I don't appreciate your moderating efforts with respect to closing a perfectly good thread... in effect you have imposed censorship on myself and the other members.

You're gonna tell us what we should and should not discuss within this forum simply because you yourself are tired of hearing it? That's not necessarily the role of a moderator.

I don't personally care how tired the argument is it's still a relevant topic and still a current affair within the industry.

I'm not on any soup box regarding this issue but it does appear as though you've taken your new found powers above and beyond the call of duty.

1st of all its "soap box".

2nd ........I'm not abusing my power at all. If u wanna talk about it AGAIN, fine. Start a new thread (as u did) and talk about it til ur blue in the face!

3rd....The thread was about soulseek, not about the music industry or the purchase of music. Why start a fight w/ people when that's not what the thread is about?

4th.......Just as u don't appreciate my moderating, I don't appreciate ur attempt to jack a thread that u have nothing productive to contribute to.

It's not censorship........Its an effort to keep the peace.

1st... I'm human... we're known to make mistakes

2nd... Trust me I will

3rd... soulseek and other download sites are related to the continuing downfall of the music industry

4th... I didn't jack the thread I was voicing my opinion to those who might not understand the effects such websites have on the industry

5th... my intention was not to start a riot(so you may keep the peace) but to invoke further discussion on the topic at hand and related topics therein. It's called "discussion", the intent of a message board.

I'm done with this...

Originally posted by mindfaqd

1st of all its "soap box".

2nd ........I'm not abusing my power at all. If u wanna talk about it AGAIN, fine. Start a new thread (as u did) and talk about it til ur blue in the face!

3rd....The thread was about soulseek, not about the music industry or the purchase of music. Why start a fight w/ people when that's not what the thread is about?

4th.......Just as u don't appreciate my moderating, I don't appreciate ur attempt to jack a thread that u have nothing productive to contribute to.

It's not censorship........Its an effort to keep the peace.

Originally posted by djqwest

4th... I didn't jack the thread I was voicing my opinion to those who might not understand the effects such websites have on the industry

5th... my intention was not to start a riot(so you may keep the peace) but to invoke further discussion on the topic at hand and related topics therein. It's called "discussion", the intent of a message board.

so u don't think those people know that downloading is basically theft ? they know and don't care.

Invoking further discussion on a relative topic is commendable, but it should be associated somehow with the topic of the thread. The relation between a server problem and P2P sites ruining the industry is weak at best.

sorry dude. Ur message will be carried out on this thread.