Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnny Depp: America is dumb

normalnoises

Depp says U.S. is like dumb puppy that bites

Inside Track

Thursday, September 4, 2003

``Pirates of the Caribbean'' star Johnny Depp says the United States is a ``dumb, aggressive puppy'' and he won't live here until the political climate changes.

The 40-year-old actor told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in France with his wife, French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

``America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive,'' he said. ``My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out,'' said the star of ``Edward Scissorhands'' and ``Ed Wood.''

Learning nothing from the Sean Penn fiasco, Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

``I was ecstatic they re-named french fries as Freedom fries,'' he said. ``Grown men and women in positions of power in the U. S. government showing themselves as idiots.''

http://www2.bostonherald.com/inside_track/inside_track/depp09042003.htm

Originally posted by normalnoises

Depp says U.S. is like dumb puppy that bites

Inside Track

Thursday, September 4, 2003

``Pirates of the Caribbean'' star Johnny Depp says the United States is a ``dumb, aggressive puppy'' and he won't live here until the political climate changes.

The 40-year-old actor told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in France with his wife, French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

``America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive,'' he said. ``My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out,'' said the star of ``Edward Scissorhands'' and ``Ed Wood.''

Learning nothing from the Sean Penn fiasco, Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

``I was ecstatic they re-named french fries as Freedom fries,'' he said. ``Grown men and women in positions of power in the U. S. government showing themselves as idiots.''

http://www2.bostonherald.com/inside_track/inside_track/depp09042003.htm

well if Johnny Depp says so then it must be true. Lets move to France!:lol3::hang: