Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lunatarium last night: worst party of the year!

lunatarium was horrible last night.

first, i ended up waiting over an hour and a half to get inside the place. shortly after I got in, the bouncers started turning people away. rumor has it that 2000 people were turned away last night.

anyway, we get inside (me, xpander, and dialectics) and the place is packed. It was about 1:30 am. Onionz was on playing a nice funky/latin house set. great vibe too.

then....an MC comes on!

now, having MCs for breaks is one thing....its tolerable......but MCs rapping over HOUSE?!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

the MC could not match the beat at all. it was like a verbal trainwreck. we tried to filter the guy out, but he was so obnoxious that it wasnt possible. the vibe died right away. people started leaving/retreating to the side room (the side room was eventually more crowded than the main dance floor)

then Afrika Bambatta comes on. The MC does nothing but shout "Afrika Bambatta in the house" for a half hour. then when he finally shuts up, another MC comes on.....and as horrible as the first MC was, this guy was worse! this guy was shouting so much I could barely hear the music!

its really a shame. when i was able to hear it, the set was good!

it was very eclectic: funk, old school rap and hip-hop, freestyle, all kinds of breaks. its such a shame that the MCs ruined everything.

as for Lunatarium itself, the wall was still up. actually, the large room in the back of the place was closed off too.

and what happened to the drum and bass?!

:(

worst night of the year.

WELL....

ME AND ABOUT 10 HEADS ROLLED IN...

LINE WAS LIKE 2 BLOX LONG, BUT WE DONT WAIT ON LINES, SO IT WAS ALL GOOD....

GOT UPSTAIRS... HOT AS A MOTHERFUKA, BUT HAD A NICE CHILLED VIBE, VERY VERY MIXED CROWD.

THE MUSIC IN MY OPINION WAS WAYYYYYYYY TO CHILL FOR ALL THE HYPE THEY BUILT. SHOULD HAVE HAD SOME HARDER HOUSE UP IN THERE, MAYBE THEN PPL WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO DANCE.

STAYED TILL 3, WENT TO PICK UP MY GIRL, CAME BACK AT 4:30, SHIT WAS PRETTY MUCH DEAD, LEFT 15 MIN LATER.

ALL IN ALL... SHYT WAS KINDA WACK, BUT HAD POTENTIAL.

AND AGAIN... WAYYYYYY TOO HOT IN DAT BITCH, EVEN IN A TEE.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

lunatarium was horrible last night.

first, i ended up waiting over an hour and a half to get inside the place. shortly after I got in, the bouncers started turning people away. rumor has it that 2000 people were turned away last night.

anyway, we get inside (me, xpander, and dialectics) and the place is packed. It was about 1:30 am. Onionz was on playing a nice funky/latin house set. great vibe too.

then....an MC comes on!

now, having MCs for breaks is one thing....its tolerable......but MCs rapping over HOUSE?!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

the MC could not match the beat at all. it was like a verbal trainwreck. we tried to filter the guy out, but he was so obnoxious that it wasnt possible. the vibe died right away. people started leaving/retreating to the side room (the side room was eventually more crowded than the main dance floor)

then Afrika Bambatta comes on. The MC does nothing but shout "Afrika Bambatta in the house" for a half hour. then when he finally shuts up, another MC comes on.....and as horrible as the first MC was, this guy was worse! this guy was shouting so much I could barely hear the music!

its really a shame. when i was able to hear it, the set was good!

it was very eclectic: funk, old school rap and hip-hop, freestyle, all kinds of breaks. its such a shame that the MCs ruined everything.

as for Lunatarium itself, the wall was still up. actually, the large room in the back of the place was closed off too.

and what happened to the drum and bass?!

:(

worst night of the year.

yea terrible. it was decent until the mc got on...side room was fkuked. too hot. no d&B. tuuuuurible@#$#@

yeah i was defogging my dior glasses while this latina was giving me head on the main floor...and it got so hot i had to take my d&g shirt off, even my diesel sneakers felt uncomfortable...then i went to the bathroom where i did 4 lines of coke and put more ice spiker in my hair. i cam back had a red bull and a superman and then i met 2 hot blondes and fucked them in the vip room and then i went to afterhours at ibiza

I got there @ 1:30 and there was like 500 people waiting outside....and the bouncer was yelling..."NOONE IS GETTING IN...GO HOME".....so I went home and came back @ 3am and walked right in....no lists or anything....

....true the party wasnt great.....hip hop???...But anyway...I made the best of it & drank wine while I danced my butt off with my best friend that hasnt been out in over a year!!!! So...I actually had a lot of fun :D

...Plus being away from NYC for a month made me appreciate what a great club/party vibe that we have here ;)

Originally posted by Kontrol

yeah i was defogging my dior glasses while this latina was giving me head on the main floor...and it got so hot i had to take my d&g shirt off, even my diesel sneakers felt uncomfortable...then i went to the bathroom where i did 4 lines of coke and put more ice spiker in my hair. i cam back had a red bull and a superman and then i met 2 hot blondes and fucked them in the vip room and then i went to afterhours at ibiza

:laugh: :laugh: Sounds like the greatest party ever!!!

Originally posted by Kontrol

thats pretty freakin funny...sounds like a typical Sound Factory juicebag meathead