Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another Missile strike

kramadas

Originally posted by raver_mania

for innocent Palestinian lives.

That's great !!! :)

No such thing they're all potential terrorists or supporters of terrorism.

In addition there's no such thing as Palestine. That land belongs to Israel. End of story.

If you are talking about the attack on Yassin, the leader of Hamas, then the attack was done with civilians in mind.

They dropped a 550 pound bomb on the on an apartment building that didnt destroy the entire structure. They wanted to use a heavier bomb but didnt because they feared the building would collapse and kill civilians. Ended up being that Yassin, who is a terrorist, got out with slight injuries and no one was killed.

It's very easy to blame Israel for everything, actually it's the norm, but you can't in this case.

I am not sure if this is the strike you are referring to, but this was the last one i heard of.

JERUSALEM — A homicide bomber dressed as an Israeli soldier killed at least three people and wounded 30 others Tuesday outside an army base near Tel Aviv Israeli television reported six dead. The bomber also died in the blast.

and ther Israeli's are the bad ones right?

Alivak - Do you really really believe that dropping a bomb/missile on an apartment building is showing restraint on their part? Think about it - its a freakin MISSILE aimed at a civilian apartment building. Since the end of the ceasefire how many civilians have been hurt and killed because of the IDF's indiscriminate targeting of Hamas' members in civilian areas. If anything like that occurred in the US, there would be a huge uproar. BTW, I'll try find this article, but I believe it reported on jpost.com, that after Yassin escaped, the IDF demolished the apartment complex.

g420 - your views are so biased that you won't believe there is ANY fault on the Israeli side, even if Sharon came upto you and told you in your face. Maybe you should do more research on this subject before you try talking about stuff that is above your head.

Ever heard of settler violence, the separation fence claiming Palestinian land, hundreds of Palestinians having their land confiscated...just remember that there are always two sides to a story. In this case, both sides are equally to blame.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1063017949120

"Israel dropped a 250-kilogram (550-pound) bomb on a Gaza City apartment Saturday, lightly wounding Sheik Ahmed Yassin, who is a paraplegic, and 15 bystanders. Israeli troops then blew up the apartment building. "

Originally posted by g420

JERUSALEM — A homicide bomber dressed as an Israeli soldier killed at least three people and wounded 30 others Tuesday outside an army base near Tel Aviv Israeli television reported six dead. The bomber also died in the blast.

and ther Israeli's are the bad ones right?

Dude, seriously, do some research before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Did you read the article completely...these were soldiers.

Dude, seriously, do some research before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Did you read the article completely...these were soldiers.

The bus stop was near an army base, not all the victims were soldiers. You're gonna tell me the bus fuill of kids they blew up a few weeks ago was also full of soldiers??

Also the "palestinians" use their own civilians as human shields that's why these hamas members are always hiding out in civilians areas like the pussy cowards that they are.

In addition jpost is not a source of information I take serious, they tend to lean to the left. Try www.debka.com for fair reporting

hamas along with a lot of other arabs do not recognize Israel's right to exsist which in my eyes makes them the enemy so of course I'm going to side with Israel.

The bus stop was near an army base, not all the victims were soldiers. You're gonna tell me the bus fuill of kids they blew up a few weeks ago was also full of soldiers??

Also the "palestinians" use their own civilians as human shields that's why these hamas members are always hiding out in civilians areas like the pussy cowards that they are.

In addition jpost is not a source of information I take serious, they tend to lean to the left. Try www.debka.com for fair reporting

hamas along with a lot of other arabs do not recognize Israel's right to exsist which in my eyes makes them the enemy so of course I'm going to side with Israel.

well, now, debka is a very unbiased site right?!?! :laugh: I've read some of the article on that site, and if you think thats a fair view of whats going on....

Let me ask you a question - why is it that the Palestinians embraced the road-map but Sharon did not?

Sharon is a nutcase who has to be removed before any real peace can be achieved. He, and the right-wing hawks in that party only want to expand Israeli settlements in Palestinian terroritories till finally claiming all that land for their own, just because a bunch of them think its their God-given right (dumb prophecy about the coming of the second messiah or some shit) to live there.

And what better way to achieve that than to instigate more and more suicide bombing, thus justifying more and more brutality against the Palestinians, ultimately, making life so unbearable that they leave. Sharon does not want peace.

There are some in his party who seriously believe that all the Palestinians need to be removed.

Your hate seems to be directed towards all "arabs" (as you put it), regardless of whether they're innocent or not. I find it hard to take someone with that attitude very seriously.

well, now, debka is a very unbiased site right?!?! :laugh: I've read some of the article on that site, and if you think thats a fair view of whats going on....

Let me ask you a question - why is it that the Palestinians embraced the road-map but Sharon did not?

Sharon is a nutcase who has to be removed before any real peace can be achieved. He, and the right-wing hawks in that party only want to expand Israeli settlements in Palestinian terroritories till finally claiming all that land for their own, just because a bunch of them think its their God-given right (dumb prophecy about the coming of the second messiah or some shit) to live there.

And what better way to achieve that than to instigate more and more suicide bombing, thus justifying more and more brutality against the Palestinians, ultimately, making life so unbearable that they leave. Sharon does not want peace.

There are some in his party who seriously believe that all the Palestinians need to be removed.

Your hate seems to be directed towards all "arabs" (as you put it), regardless of whether they're innocent or not. I find it hard to take someone with that attitude very seriously.

The reason they "embraced" this road map to peace is because they benefited from it. Israel released prisoners as a good will gesture (which in my opinion was a big mistake), also easing roadblocks which is also a big mistake, having a "palestinian" state is suicide for Israel. Meanwhile while this so-called cease-fire was declared the arabs continued violence against the jews, it wasn't in the form of homocide bombings but small scale attacks such as stabbing & shooting so as to not make world wide headlines.

I believe Sharon isn't doing ENOUGH to curb this problem, too many Israeli lives have been lost that could've been prevented if Israel stopped listening to Bush & the UN & went all out & solved this problem once & for all.

Obviously we're not going to agree on this topic so I'm done here

Raver, I understand your point and they did destroy the building because it was clearly a terrorist hang out. You're telling me if Bin Ladin was hiding in a builing the US wouldnt destroy it? Israel didnt want to kill civilians so they used a lighter bomb, i dont recall a suicide bomber using less potent bombs just so he can kill the men and not women and childen on the buses. In fact those bombs have nails, shrapnel, etc. to make it even more worse.

Cease fire? it was a one way cease fire, the funniest statement came from Hamas after they murdered 25 people including children and Israel retaliated by killing Hamas leaders that they no longer abide by the cease fire. Its not a truce when one side blows up buses.

BTW, there is a huge difference between target killing of terrorits leaders and blowing up innocent civilians on purpose. PLO's biggest mistake was going after civilians, if they had continued to attack the soldiers no one would have been able to say anything because then they could have claimed it was a guerrila war, etc. As soon as bus stops and supermarkets were bombed, changed the whole political spectrum.

nevermind, you're obviously anti-Israel so of course you won't believe the truth

i'm not anti-israel....i just want a peaceful solution that will allow for both Israel and a Palestinian nation to exist.

but then again, youre obviously anti-palestinian so of course you won't believe the truth.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i'm not anti-israel....i just want a peaceful solution that will allow for both Israel and a Palestinian nation to exist.

but then again, youre obviously anti-palestinian so of course you won't believe the truth.

Until the "palestinians" recognize Israel's right to exsist there won't be a peaceful solution, and hamas will never recognize that...

Were these soldiers too?

JERUSALEM — A homicide bomber blew himself up outside a cafe in Jerusalem on Tuesday night, killing at least three other people and wounding about 40 others, rescue workers and radio reports said.

The reason they "embraced" this road map to peace is because they benefited from it. Israel released prisoners as a good will gesture (which in my opinion was a big mistake), also easing roadblocks which is also a big mistake, having a "palestinian" state is suicide for Israel. Meanwhile while this so-called cease-fire was declared the arabs continued violence against the jews, it wasn't in the form of homocide bombings but small scale attacks such as stabbing & shooting so as to not make world wide headlines.

I believe Sharon isn't doing ENOUGH to curb this problem, too many Israeli lives have been lost that could've been prevented if Israel stopped listening to Bush & the UN & went all out & solved this problem once & for all.

Obviously we're not going to agree on this topic so I'm done here

The stabbings and shootings were carried out by renegade members of these groups, if these groups at all. There are numberous stabbings and shootings by settlers - funny how those don't get reported.

So, wait, you don't support a Palestinian state? Thats as bad as *certain* "Arabs" not supporting an Israeli state.

We're definitely not going to agree on anything, especially seeing that you're not even for a Palestinian state.

Originally posted by alivak

Raver, I understand your point and they did destroy the building because it was clearly a terrorist hang out. You're telling me if Bin Ladin was hiding in a builing the US wouldnt destroy it? Israel didnt want to kill civilians so they used a lighter bomb, i dont recall a suicide bomber using less potent bombs just so he can kill the men and not women and childen on the buses. In fact those bombs have nails, shrapnel, etc. to make it even more worse.

Cease fire? it was a one way cease fire, the funniest statement came from Hamas after they murdered 25 people including children and Israel retaliated by killing Hamas leaders that they no longer abide by the cease fire. Its not a truce when one side blows up buses.

BTW, there is a huge difference between target killing of terrorits leaders and blowing up innocent civilians on purpose. PLO's biggest mistake was going after civilians, if they had continued to attack the soldiers no one would have been able to say anything because then they could have claimed it was a guerrila war, etc. As soon as bus stops and supermarkets were bombed, changed the whole political spectrum.

NOt saying that these terrorist groups aren't exactly that - terrorists. However, I have to disagree with the ceasefire business...these groups called for the cease-fire, Israel never recognized it, and went after the militants. From what I understand, Israel first killed a militant, and the attack on the bus, however wrong it was, was in retaliation to that.

Tell me, if most of the world was for the road-map, why did Sharon not accept it? Maybe because then he would actually have had to let a Palestinian state exist?

What the hell - at this point it seems neither side wants peace.

Regarding dropping the bomb, you're comparing a state government to fractured terrorist groups. Thats what they are - terrorist groups with limited power. Obviously, the IDF is targeting only terrorists, otherwise the world will come down on them. As it is, there are countless other ways the IDF is opressing the Palestinian people...please look up my previous posts and articles on Israel, including "curfews".

Not saying that Palestinian organizations are clean, they have a ton of blood on their hands - however, on the other hand the IDF is involved in oppressing, on a large scale, a whole people, with frequent, and regular "accidental" deaths to keep them on their toes (and incidentally, creating more hate towards Jews).

You know the best way to rid organizations like Hamas of power...give the Palestinians more reason to live, and less reason to rely on such organizations. You need to loosen that noose on their necks, and let their economy thrive more. Stop the land grab (in the form of settlements and the wall). Lift the curfews, etc, etc.