Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another Missile strike

kramadas

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

there wont be peace until both sides recognize each others right to exist....

Part of Israel's compliance with this so-called Road map was a "palestinian" state by 2005 (which I disagree with but it's not up to me), it's the arabs who do not recognize Israel.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Meaning, every ISraeli who leaves the country is supposed to serve, or they get to avoid serving?

I thought it was mandatory that everyone serve at least two years.

Unless you are physically unable or some ultra religious groups are exempt, also Israeli Arabs don't serve for security reasons.

Meaning, every ISraeli who leaves the country is supposed to serve, or they get to avoid serving?

I thought it was mandatory that everyone serve at least two years.

it is mandatory. however, i was tutoring a native israeli who left the country to avoid the mandatory military service....i dunno if he can go back.

he was a royal scumbag too...he antagonized professors and refused to cover certain topics because "my rabbi forbid me not to"

he also claimed to help raise money in the US to fund Netenyahu's (sp) asassination...i refused to tutor him after he said that

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

it is mandatory. however, i was tutoring a native israeli who left the country to avoid the mandatory military service....i dunno if he can go back.

he was a royal scumbag too...he antagonized professors and refused to cover certain topics because "my rabbi forbid me not to"

he also claimed to help raise money in the US to fund Netenyahu's (sp) asassination...i refused to tutor him after he said that

People like this guy you were tutoring need to be strapped to the next bomb that's dropped on a hamas bomb-makers house.

So, in essence, almost every Israeli adult has been, or is a soldier?

Like I said some ultra religious are exempt & also there are a lot of immigrants in Israel from the former Soviert Block that moved there after the age that you're eligible to be in the service

Originally posted by g420

Like I said some ultra religious are exempt & also there are a lot of immigrants in Israel from the former Soviert Block that moved there after the age that you're eligible to be in the service

Thus, to an angry Palestinian teenager, who's 12 year old sister has been killed by IDF fire, and is out for revenge against any soldiers, the majority of Israelis are fair game, right? Since the majority of Israelis have serverd in the armed forces?

Originally posted by g420

Same can be applied to Israeli's, to a 12 year old Israeli who's brother was a victim of a homocide bombing, it would only make sense to want to join the service in hopes of getting to shoot some arabs.

Thus it doesn't make sense to just support one-side and say its the other's fault, when both are equally to blame for the fighting thats going on.

Thus it doesn't make sense to just support one-side and say its the other's fault, when both are equally to blame for the fighting thats going on.

For this latest "intafadah" & pretty much all the violence in that region (going back to the 6 day war & the war of yom kippur (sp?))& the breaking of the Oslo peace accord & the breaking of this so called "cease-fire" I solely blame the "palestinians", but we both know that is my stance & you have yours so there's no use going back & forth because we have different opinions & views on the conflict & arguing this on a club messageboard is not going to change things over there...