G.H.B. - On This Day In History...

kanikki

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

Jules was a good man and i was very sad that he left us. All things happen for a reason and one of those was to maybe save others from dying. I know a few people who stopped doing GHB after they heard about jules fate. R.I.P. JULES

And Saleen, you know who I am and just as you had no pity for my friend, I will have something for you when I see you and it won't be pity fo' sho'. WTFO!!!

-MUCH LOVE to EVERYONE but saleen...-

i don't know who you are.....:idea:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

even better for me then...lol - u should watch what your fatfuck mouth says... good luck!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by thehog

sorry to hear this

I had a good friend in college die from a mixture of G, X and Coke.

I bet this guy was mixing as well. He would have had to drink half a cup of G to die from it.

good point, even if pure, one cap can't kill you....

Originally posted by saleen351

Folks, the purpose of this thread was simple... I wanted to remind everyone that one year ago today, September 9th, we lost a dear friend. The cause of his death, despite the quantity, mixture or other factors is not as important as remembering that we lost a precious soul because his partying took him to an unsafe level. It's that simple.

Jules' mom, Suki, read the messages that were written here this morning while on the phone with me and it touched her heart to know that so many people cared and took the time to read about the loss of her son. Suki is currently working on a documentary about the dangers of GHB, which she hopes will be released before too many more lives are lost, like the life of her only son, Jules.

Suki plans to post her thoughts here later, after today's memorial service, and I hope that you will also make the time to check back to hear from the mother who lost her son to this dangerous drug.

She is actively working to reach out to those who have had similar experiences in hopes of making a difference in the world in which we live. Unfortunately, she had to lose her only son, but he will live on each day in memory as we try to reach out to others in a positive way, and hopefully save lives, even if it's only one...

Let's not forget the purpose of what we're trying to accomplish here...

J = Just

U = Understand

L = Limitations

E = Equal

S = Safety

We Can't GHB ... We Can't "Get Him Back"

Savor the beauty of life and believe that each moment in time is a new beginning...

Originally posted by kanikki

Unfortunately, she had to lose her only son, but he will live on each day in memory as we try to reach out to others in a positive way, and hopefully save lives, even if it's only one...

I'm sorry that I am just now finding the time to post to this thread after 500 people have already read it, but it's never too late to tell my story. I am a friend of KaNikki's and although I did not know Jules personally, we partied together on the same "patio" and I know we were likely introduced many times.

After Jules died, KaNikki asked me to stop doing GHB in his honor. I told her I would, but found myself partying one night and in the "heat of the moment", ended up doing it anyway. I ended up in the hospital that night. Not from doing too much G, but from a minor accident that happened to occur while I was "out of sorts", which rendered me nearly unconscious due to the effects of that drug. Had I not been doing G, it would not have happened. I learned my lesson and was lucky because I have historically been one of those who pushed my limits.

I also have a friend who took a cap and got behind the wheel of his car and totaled it only moments later. I know, many of you will reply that he deserved it, whatever... But there are just as many out there who can relate to this, which is the purpose of this post.

I no longer use G and renewed my "vows" in Julius' honor not to ever touch it again. I do not miss it in my life and have no desire to ever do it again.

As a former GHB user, my purpose for this post is to reach out to those of you who still use this drug and to let you know that if you choose to eliminate GHB from your life, as I have, it could very well be the best decision you've ever made. As those of you who use GHB know, you never know what you're getting...

Party safe. Party smart. And always remember J.U.L.E.S.

P.S. For those of you who are ready to bash this post with your negative comments, please refrain. It took a lot for me to tell my story, so please leave well enough alone as my story just help someone else, even if it doesn't apply to you...

Originally posted by kdoublep

I'm sorry that I am just now finding the time to post to this thread after 500 people have already read it, but it's never too late to tell my story. I am a friend of KaNikki's and although I did not know Jules personally, we partied together on the same "patio" and I know we were likely introduced many times.

After Jules died, KaNikki asked me to stop doing GHB in his honor. I told her I would, but found myself partying one night and in the "heat of the moment", ended up doing it anyway. I ended up in the hospital that night. Not from doing too much G, but from a minor accident that happened to occur while I was "out of sorts", which rendered me nearly unconscious due to the effects of that drug. Had I not been doing G, it would not have happened. I learned my lesson and was lucky because I have historically been one of those who pushed my limits.

I also have a friend who took a cap and got behind the wheel of his car and totaled it only moments later. I know, many of you will reply that he deserved it, whatever... But there are just as many out there who can relate to this, which is the purpose of this post.

I no longer use G and renewed my "vows" in Julius' honor not to ever touch it again. I do not miss it in my life and have no desire to ever do it again.

As a former GHB user, my purpose for this post is to reach out to those of you who still use this drug and to let you know that if you choose to eliminate GHB from your life, as I have, it could very well be the best decision you've ever made. As those of you who use GHB know, you never know what you're getting...

Party safe. Party smart. And always remember J.U.L.E.S.

P.S. For those of you who are ready to bash this post with your negative comments, please refrain. It took a lot for me to tell my story, so please leave well enough alone as my story just help someone else, even if it doesn't apply to you...

Very well said . . .

A memorial service was held tonight in West Palm Beach in honor of Julius. We sent roses out to sea with messages from some of you who couldn't be there. Prayers were said for those who have lost their lives to GHB...

Thanks to everyone who has supported keeping Jules' memory alive and his "hope of helping others" by "opening their eyes and heart", as he stated in his own words.

If but only one life is saved...

What helps me with Jules death and is remembering his smile. To me his smile says it all. When I think of Jules, I picture him (smiling of course) and no matter what, I smile. I really miss him. Thanks Kanikki for being such a great friend a person.

Next time you feel flat and feel that you need something better, stronger or extra to take you there; remember how good loud house music feels. I am speaking to myself as well.

Keep em fresh.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

That is asolutely not true....I know a friend of mine took less than a quarter of a cap and and hours later, had a siezure. He was NOT drinking, and not taking anything else. GHB is a chemical, and no one knows how your individual chemical makeup will react to it.

Over the course of three months, 4 people that I knew personally were taken to off to the hospital, not to mention the ones that were taken care of outside the club or in the car......at the moment all I could think abotu was trying to make sure that person was kept alive.....afterward, when the adrenaline is gone, and you analyze the situation you have just witnessed, smart people come to the conclusion that ANY high is not worth your life.

R.I.P jules!!! i think i heard about this that monday nite from friends who were also somewhat friends of his.... Ive never been a fan of GHB , but i dont put down anything that others want to do... i appreciate the approch you guys are using by just giving us awareness!!! Dont think i remember jules, but i do know that girl in the first pic!!! as someone said earlier "lets just say things happen for a reason, and that jules lost his life to save others!!!

sorry for the late post

:tongue:

Originally posted by beatfriek

R.I.P jules!!! i think i heard about this that monday nite from friends who were also somewhat friends of his.... Ive never been a fan of GHB , but i dont put down anything that others want to do... i appreciate the approch you guys are using by just giving us awareness!!! Dont think i remember jules, but i do know that girl in the first pic!!! as someone said earlier "lets just say things happen for a reason, and that jules lost his life to save others!!!

sorry for the late post

I never met Jules either - but there is no reason for any negativity in this thread.

Big ups for the non-preaching aspect of the many messages.

It's too bad that the overall CP negativity had to make its way here!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

That is asolutely not true....I know a friend of mine took less than a quarter of a cap and and hours later, had a siezure. He was NOT drinking, and not taking anything else. GHB is a chemical, and no one knows how your individual chemical makeup will react to it.

No way in hell quarter cap my ass.

Originally posted by beatfriek

sorry for the late post

took the words right out of my mouth. I had a girl friend of mine mention this to me the week of his passing. I don't recall knowing Julius, but I knew a few of his close pals.

R.I.P.

Originally posted by southof5th

depends on how big the cap is (don't laugh, they vary!!) and what it is...

quarter cap of pure 1,4 bute could knock you out for sure.

Once again you guys are missing the point of this posting. It is to honer the memory of someone who touched many lives and to bring awareness. I am sure there are more appropriate places to discuss the chemistry of a drug. Lets just honer Jules R.I.P.