Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ashcroft's all new VICTORY ACT. Enjoy it.

normalnoises

Target: 'Narco-Terror'

Draft Bill Would Provide Broader Power; Ashcroft Defends Patriot Act

By Dean Schabner

Aug. 20 — As Attorney General John Ashcroft barnstorms the country to bolster support for the controversial USA Patriot Act, a new bill is quietly circulating on Capitol Hill to give even greater powers to law enforcement — in the name of fighting drug trafficking.

ABCNEWS.com has obtained a draft of the Vital Interdiction of Criminal Terrorist Organizations Act of 2003, or VICTORY Act, which could be introduced to Congress this fall, and which appears to have been prepared by the office of Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/worldnewstonight/victory_act030820.html

http://www.libertythink.com/VICTORYAct.pdf

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

and the war on drugs takes a disturbing turn

i can see going after heroin and cocaine with this.....but why do i have a feeling that ecstasy and pot dealers will feel the brunt of this act?

Oh no, God forbid ecstasy and pot dealers feel the brunt of laws....let alone the poor coke and heroin dealers......

I mean, with unemployment so high, we do not want more people to lose their jobs, especially since drug-dealing is such an esteemed position

war on drugs was always a joke. they should just police it without the billions spent on advertising it. We will do whatever we want anyway.

Hey Normalnoises, still waiting to hear from you...you wanted to see me..we'll let go then..your big mouth finally caught up to you or what?

Originally posted by igloo

Oh no, God forbid ecstasy and pot dealers feel the brunt of laws....let alone the poor coke and heroin dealers......

I mean, with unemployment so high, we do not want more people to lose their jobs, especially since drug-dealing is such an esteemed position

that isnt my point

my point is that while the laws should be used against drugs with known terrorist connections, like coke and heroin

instead, i have the gut feeling that law enforcement will use this as a justification to waste resources on a portion of the drug war that they have lost already, ie ecstasy and pot use (i dont thing pot should be illegal either...but dont get me started on that one)