Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i know a bunch of you on this board....

hotcheme

Originally posted by hotcheme

hey anybody have an recommendations on where i should live? if my bf come with me we'll probably live closer to the forest but otehr wise i am open to live anywhere as long as i dont have to sit in traffic to get to work.

depends what you want to do. rent across the area is coming down but it's still high compared to rest of the country. if your office is by downtown RWC, you can live in SF and caltrain it to work. other areas by SF i'd recommend just south of the city are daly city (big filipino area), san bruno (along top of mt range just overlooking the pacific, don't need air conditioning ever)... san mateo is by SFO as is burlington, but they are kinda pricey areas.

if you are a stay at home type or your name is cookiegirl, you can live in south bay, plenty of decently priced apt areas in sunnyvale, santa clara, cupertino but you will have to drive to work.

palo alto (not EAST palo alto), menlo park and mountain view are just south of RWC but are pretty dang pricey but very nice areas... very nice.

you really wouldn't want ot live in RWC btw... more homes than apts.

what forest are you talking about? :confused:

hope this helps!

that helps a lot thanks! well my bf was just out there and he decided he wants to get a cottage in woodside, which i understand is expensive. but we saw things around 1500 which is doable for us (rent is relative cause we are used to new york prices) if i live alone i dont really want to pay more than $900 in rent. i also think living in the city might be better if i am living alone, i am just worried that the commute might be irritating.

i am going to have a car regardless because i am going to be traveling between different manufacturing sites. the one in RWC is right of 280 but there is another one in mountain view i think and i forget where the others are. one is in vacaville but i dont think i will be working there much.

Originally posted by hotcheme

that helps a lot thanks! well my bf was just out there and he decided he wants to get a cottage in woodside, which i understand is expensive. but we saw things around 1500 which is doable for us (rent is relative cause we are used to new york prices) if i live alone i dont really want to pay more than $900 in rent. i also think living in the city might be better if i am living alone, i am just worried that the commute might be irritating.

i am going to have a car regardless because i am going to be traveling between different manufacturing sites. the one in RWC is right of 280 but there is another one in mountain view i think and i forget where the others are. one is in vacaville but i dont think i will be working there much.

woodside would be good. nice n quiet, and yer directly west of RWC... and there's a good pizza place there hehe. shirley temple lives in woodside!