Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suspension Options

HAZE

OK, my car is approaching 70K miles. I think my front struts are going. I want to get a whole new suspension. I want to get Eibach Pro Springs and I was wondering which shocks and struts to get. The whole Eibach Pro System is $609 on www.tirerack.com which comes with the Eibach shocks and struts, but the Eibach Springs are $170 on eBay. If I get the springs from eBay, which shocks and struts can I get to go with them? Should I just get the Pro System because everything is supposed to go together?

:confused:

"Though the Eibach Pro-Kit is designed to perform well in conjunction with O.E. dampers, the Eibach engineers recognized the additional advantage of developing dampers specifically valved (tuned) to match the unique characteristics of the Pro-Kit."

I never heard of Eibach shocks/struts. Personally I went with KYB AGXs for $300 for the set of 4. The pro-kit ran me about $220 2 years ago. It's nice having adjustable dampeners. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by cintron

I went with KYB AGX's and i'm looking at tein S.Tech or HKS SF5 springs.

ProKits are fun and all, but i don't know about their struts.

I'd recommend a real quality strut if it's going to be your daily driver. Something like Koni. KYB's are fun but tend to be a little harsh and bouncy.

Yep.. i'm happy with my KYBs. Konis are worth the money just for the name. I like a stiff ride.

the adjustible dampening on the konis allows you to dial in the stiffness and on the least stiff setting the ride is far from harsh , you could easily rock them on nyc roads with no problem , i dont think i'll ever make the mistake of doinf a shock spring combo ever again.

truthfully, when i was in jersey this year coming home from work. during the big ass snow storm. my car was all over the road. the coilovers were soo stiff i sometimes felt my car on 3 wheels. that subaru all wheel drive shit is all bullshit.

btw : darrell... if you want a good performing suspension. get like extry level coilovers, and get sways bars... the rear strut bar dont really do much. the front one is most important of the struts. but sways are very very very important. they can make you or break you on a course/highway :D

and just so you know.. suspension is only 1 factor. the best suspension/braking upgrade you can do is tires and rims. it makes a very big difference.

Thanks for the advice guys. I don't know exactly when I'll be doing this because I'm getting a new apartment and all my cash is going to be going towards rent and furniture for the next couple months. I do plan on getting rims and tires in the spring.