did tsettos spin @space last friday

eddie3

Originally posted by eddie3

brian do me a favor and post the actual review... it's blocked where im at

Denny Tsettos @ Space34

Friday August 29th

Review by Saleen351

e-mail this story to a friend...

Let's begin with a little background. First off my banning at Space is over, my agent worked out a deal with Space and everything is cool now.

Second off, Denny Tsettos is my favorite DJ. Now you are probably wondering who the f*** is Denny Tsettos?

Back in 1996 I walked into a club on the NJ shore with my fake id and the place was rocking. The club was Temptations and the DJ was Denny Tsettos.

Ever since then, he’s been my favorite DJ and I’ve been hooked on house music ever since. When Exit opened up in NYC, Denny was the resident spinning 12-hour sets.

Now I can go into the crowd, and sound system and all that bullshit, but I’m not going focus on that for this review. Instead I’m going bash Miami. (Go figure)

Problem with Space and all the other clubs is that they don’t have the balls to book NYC DJs. It makes little sense, NYC DJs are top notch. They are just as good as any UK or Miami DJ, except they will play NYC house!

Name me one DJ down here that plays NYC house? You can’t, I’ve heard them all spin down here, and none are willing to play something Miami clubbers don’t like.

I think the reason they don’t like it is because many see it as Diva house and that means it’s a gay theme. The truth of the matter is, NYC house is not a gay theme, and diva house isn’t just for the gay circuit.

There are so many tracks you just won’t hear down here, and it sucks, cause all the boards and mixes from up north have so many great tracks that you’ll never hear in Miami.

Then again any idiot DJ can come down here and play the same stupid bland music that the current crop of DJs play and fit right in. Well when I suggested over a year ago that Space book Denny, I had something else in mind.

Too many people on message boards just preach and beg clubs especially Space to book DJ after DJ after DJ, and most times they lose their ass doing it, or it messes up the theme night they usually have with the residents.

So Denny set out to do something different. No, I’m not talking about groundbreaking sounds, or some new twist on a music genre. I’m not talking about techno or breaks or any of that garbage. Denny went back in time and brought out bombs! Classics!!!!!!

Now ask around and they’ll tell you, I’m the biggest Classics night fan there is. Lets face it, the tunes nowadays suck! They got no soul, no feeling and they get played out in a week or two, then 93.1 gets them and they have one of the “mixologists” remix it into cheesy vocal trance.

Here are some of the tracks Denny dropped:

Music - Xpress2 (early 90's)

In Da Mix - Julian Perez (late 80's)

House is a Feeling - (late 80's)

Din Da Da - George Krantz - (late 80's)

Set it off - Stafe - (late 80's)

YDW - S&S (96')

Joy - Gena West (96')

Build Up - Razor & Guido (98')

Reach - Lil Mo Ying Yang (96')

Beats All Over My Body - Superchumbo

Vibatron - DJ Vibe

Dancefloor - Peter Bailey

Like a Train - Peter Bailey

House Music - Eddie Amador (Filterheadz remix)

Drum Control - Richie Santana

Kemical - Deep Groove vs D. Ramirez

Give Me Love - Alcatraz (96')

Let's Go - Fast Eddie (89')

Shake it - LeeCabrera (Clamaron Rmx)

Midnight Express - Boriqua Bandits (Disciple Dub)

Let Me Show You - Camisera (2000)

That is just what we remembered. Now I know many of you guys are reading this and have zero idea what those tracks are.

Some are new, and so are way old. Some get played down here, but the older ones mostly don’t ever get played. But for the older clubbers or the guys that have been in the game a long time, these tracks are from a time when House music was a feeling, not a business.

Many of you guys are looking at the dates and see “1980’s” and associate it with 80’s pop music. Simply not true, and the funniest thing is, many people can recognize the classics tracks but have zero idea they are 15 years old.

Denny was telling me, he gets so many people coming to the booth and asking for a track id and they are shocked that track was from 1988!

Denny told me a good way to judge to see if you did a good job playing a club is by checking out what the bartenders say or how they act. Well I didn’t talk to any of them, but for the classics they went nuts, and word got out quickly that this wasn’t another recycled Miami set. This was House music!

Denny played 4 hours at Space, and I thought it was the best set I’ve ever heard at Space. Now many will say 'he’s your favorite DJ and you are biased'. Of course I’m biased, but Saleen ain’t no dummy, I knew Denny would turn Space out and he did.

I can tell how a crowd reacts and how a set flows and track selection. I’m not going to say book some $20,000 priced DJ from Europe. I’m not like that, I want house, pure f****** house, and a set that takes you back and even touches on the new tracks.

That’s what Denny did, and I loved every minute of it. And talk about working the crowd, he did the classic move where he turns the music off, and lets the crowd sit there, and they went nuts yelling, then he dropped the hammer and blew it up again. YOU DON’T SEE THIS IN MIAMI, DJ'S ARE TOO SCARED.

At one point, Markus Shulz, Roland, Jimmy T and Grammy Award winning DJ/Producer Hex Hector all came to support Denny. It was so much fun watching these guys ID tracks and shoot the shit when it comes to old school house.

Big thanks to Roland for helping out in the booth, and even though the lights were not working right, the night still went off with a good size crowd.

Now in the next few months, Miami clubbers will have a lot of choices in what DJ they go see. Many big names are coming to town, and that’s cool, go see those guys, and use CoolJunkie for comps and info, but don’t forget about the jocks like Roland, or Oscar, or Tsettos.

I have no agenda, I don’t make any money off clubbing, I just know a good DJ when I see one, and it’s true I don’t like any foreign DJs.

Space took a shot on a unproven DJ from NJ who spins in NJ and NYC, I’m glad they did, I think guys like Denny can open up the minds of the Miami clubbers.

Night was perfect; if you weren’t there you missed it. This is a word of mouth DJ. You won’t see the usual posts and reviews that he ripped it bla bla bla. His set got people talking. That’s the sign of a good set; it keeps you into the set for days after.

The music owned me and I hope Space brings him back. Don’t believe me, I’ll be sure to post on the CoolJunkie forums if and when he gets booked again down here.

Also Denny fits into the house sessions theme, which is something I know needs to be addressed at Space. You can’t keep messing house nights up with trance. Keep the trance on Fridays, and house on Saturday nights.

And who ever the broad was with the f***off red shirt, please pm me your phone number.

Let's end with a rumor. And that rumor is that Roland is going to do a full-extended patio Classics Night set! I don’t know the date or any other info, but what I was told from sources deep inside Space is that the big man gave them the go ahead. This will be insane! Also on that night, I’m hearing if you are over a certain age like age 26 they are comping you, so the older peeps come out of retirement for classics!

PS I made this entire paragraph up, but if you like to see it, the Space peeps do read the CoolJunkie forums.

Saleen351, teaching Miami house music, one clubber at a time!

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Denny Tsettos @ Space34

Friday August 29th

Review by Saleen351

e-mail this story to a friend...

Let's begin with a little background. First off my banning at Space is over, my agent worked out a deal with Space and everything is cool now.

Second off, Denny Tsettos is my favorite DJ. Now you are probably wondering who the f*** is Denny Tsettos?

Back in 1996 I walked into a club on the NJ shore with my fake id and the place was rocking. The club was Temptations and the DJ was Denny Tsettos.

Ever since then, he’s been my favorite DJ and I’ve been hooked on house music ever since. When Exit opened up in NYC, Denny was the resident spinning 12-hour sets.

Now I can go into the crowd, and sound system and all that bullshit, but I’m not going focus on that for this review. Instead I’m going bash Miami. (Go figure)

Problem with Space and all the other clubs is that they don’t have the balls to book NYC DJs. It makes little sense, NYC DJs are top notch. They are just as good as any UK or Miami DJ, except they will play NYC house!

Name me one DJ down here that plays NYC house? You can’t, I’ve heard them all spin down here, and none are willing to play something Miami clubbers don’t like.

I think the reason they don’t like it is because many see it as Diva house and that means it’s a gay theme. The truth of the matter is, NYC house is not a gay theme, and diva house isn’t just for the gay circuit.

There are so many tracks you just won’t hear down here, and it sucks, cause all the boards and mixes from up north have so many great tracks that you’ll never hear in Miami.

Then again any idiot DJ can come down here and play the same stupid bland music that the current crop of DJs play and fit right in. Well when I suggested over a year ago that Space book Denny, I had something else in mind.

Too many people on message boards just preach and beg clubs especially Space to book DJ after DJ after DJ, and most times they lose their ass doing it, or it messes up the theme night they usually have with the residents.

So Denny set out to do something different. No, I’m not talking about groundbreaking sounds, or some new twist on a music genre. I’m not talking about techno or breaks or any of that garbage. Denny went back in time and brought out bombs! Classics!!!!!!

Now ask around and they’ll tell you, I’m the biggest Classics night fan there is. Lets face it, the tunes nowadays suck! They got no soul, no feeling and they get played out in a week or two, then 93.1 gets them and they have one of the “mixologists” remix it into cheesy vocal trance.

Here are some of the tracks Denny dropped:

Music - Xpress2 (early 90's)

In Da Mix - Julian Perez (late 80's)

House is a Feeling - (late 80's)

Din Da Da - George Krantz - (late 80's)

Set it off - Stafe - (late 80's)

YDW - S&S (96')

Joy - Gena West (96')

Build Up - Razor & Guido (98')

Reach - Lil Mo Ying Yang (96')

Beats All Over My Body - Superchumbo

Vibatron - DJ Vibe

Dancefloor - Peter Bailey

Like a Train - Peter Bailey

House Music - Eddie Amador (Filterheadz remix)

Drum Control - Richie Santana

Kemical - Deep Groove vs D. Ramirez

Give Me Love - Alcatraz (96')

Let's Go - Fast Eddie (89')

Shake it - LeeCabrera (Clamaron Rmx)

Midnight Express - Boriqua Bandits (Disciple Dub)

Let Me Show You - Camisera (2000)

That is just what we remembered. Now I know many of you guys are reading this and have zero idea what those tracks are.

Some are new, and so are way old. Some get played down here, but the older ones mostly don’t ever get played. But for the older clubbers or the guys that have been in the game a long time, these tracks are from a time when House music was a feeling, not a business.

Many of you guys are looking at the dates and see “1980’s” and associate it with 80’s pop music. Simply not true, and the funniest thing is, many people can recognize the classics tracks but have zero idea they are 15 years old.

Denny was telling me, he gets so many people coming to the booth and asking for a track id and they are shocked that track was from 1988!

Denny told me a good way to judge to see if you did a good job playing a club is by checking out what the bartenders say or how they act. Well I didn’t talk to any of them, but for the classics they went nuts, and word got out quickly that this wasn’t another recycled Miami set. This was House music!

Denny played 4 hours at Space, and I thought it was the best set I’ve ever heard at Space. Now many will say 'he’s your favorite DJ and you are biased'. Of course I’m biased, but Saleen ain’t no dummy, I knew Denny would turn Space out and he did.

I can tell how a crowd reacts and how a set flows and track selection. I’m not going to say book some $20,000 priced DJ from Europe. I’m not like that, I want house, pure f****** house, and a set that takes you back and even touches on the new tracks.

That’s what Denny did, and I loved every minute of it. And talk about working the crowd, he did the classic move where he turns the music off, and lets the crowd sit there, and they went nuts yelling, then he dropped the hammer and blew it up again. YOU DON’T SEE THIS IN MIAMI, DJ'S ARE TOO SCARED.

At one point, Markus Shulz, Roland, Jimmy T and Grammy Award winning DJ/Producer Hex Hector all came to support Denny. It was so much fun watching these guys ID tracks and shoot the shit when it comes to old school house.

Big thanks to Roland for helping out in the booth, and even though the lights were not working right, the night still went off with a good size crowd.

Now in the next few months, Miami clubbers will have a lot of choices in what DJ they go see. Many big names are coming to town, and that’s cool, go see those guys, and use CoolJunkie for comps and info, but don’t forget about the jocks like Roland, or Oscar, or Tsettos.

I have no agenda, I don’t make any money off clubbing, I just know a good DJ when I see one, and it’s true I don’t like any foreign DJs.

Space took a shot on a unproven DJ from NJ who spins in NJ and NYC, I’m glad they did, I think guys like Denny can open up the minds of the Miami clubbers.

Night was perfect; if you weren’t there you missed it. This is a word of mouth DJ. You won’t see the usual posts and reviews that he ripped it bla bla bla. His set got people talking. That’s the sign of a good set; it keeps you into the set for days after.

The music owned me and I hope Space brings him back. Don’t believe me, I’ll be sure to post on the CoolJunkie forums if and when he gets booked again down here.

Also Denny fits into the house sessions theme, which is something I know needs to be addressed at Space. You can’t keep messing house nights up with trance. Keep the trance on Fridays, and house on Saturday nights.

And who ever the broad was with the f***off red shirt, please pm me your phone number.

Let's end with a rumor. And that rumor is that Roland is going to do a full-extended patio Classics Night set! I don’t know the date or any other info, but what I was told from sources deep inside Space is that the big man gave them the go ahead. This will be insane! Also on that night, I’m hearing if you are over a certain age like age 26 they are comping you, so the older peeps come out of retirement for classics!

PS I made this entire paragraph up, but if you like to see it, the Space peeps do read the CoolJunkie forums.

Saleen351, teaching Miami house music, one clubber at a time!

why dont u get a review from soneone who hasnt hear him before

and that FROM miami

PS: denny sucks balls, chump