Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Promoting on this Board

tyco

Originally posted by rdntheshortbus

We would like to find a spot down near Old Bridge, Sayreville...

Woodbridge as well..

We have about 4 places to look at....

I live in Sayreville, Lived here my whole life. Let me know if i can be of any help. I know the area really well.

And My Father does real estate on the side so maybe i can get you a list of places available.

Originally posted by tyco

I understand how promoting works and I know that promoters must do this for the party to work...........but there is such thing as overdoing it. that is, OVERhyping a party...........which is basically lying to everyone you are trying to get through the door........I never said anything about putting your own party down (as you sarcastically indicate in your post)..........but it bothers me when promoters hype the piss out of parties then people go and half of the stuff promised never happens.........and that can be anything from guestlists to DJs not being "super", etc..........if it's a good party, there is no need to overhype it..........just tell it how it is and it will speak for itself..........if you need to overhype shit, you shouldn't be promoting the party to begin with..........there are plently of promoters I know of that have successful parties and don't flood message boards with a bunch of posts to keep them up.......

also, I never said you were a promoter nor did I ever aim this post specifically at you............you went ahead and included yourself. I don't mean every promoter who posts their party on CP...........just those that fit the bill.

I agree with you 100% about over flooding the board I think I do it sometimes and I am not a promotor

I suggest dont even look in the threads for promotions it will be the same shit

Huge Party come early Fire Marshall closing the doors:D

Originally posted by carguy19

Tyco it's very difficult to sway people from established places and get them to try new ones, I am confident that people who come to my party will not be dissappointed with what I told them, the place is beautiful, joe giorgio (nuff said), and getting treated right, the hard thing is getting people to the place to check it out.

I understand you point of view.............and I respect it. My post wasn't to curb promoters from posting a lot.......it was just to point something out.

at the same time though, I think posting too much can work the opposite and turn people off from a party...........makes me think they're reaching.

Originally posted by badassmafuka

I agree with you 100% about over flooding the board I think I do it sometimes and I am not a promotor

I suggest dont even look in the threads for promotions it will be the same shit

Huge Party come early Fire Marshall closing the doors:D

it really doesn't bother me too much..........to be honest I just like to complain sometimes and this morning there was so many promotions on the board I had to say something.

like I said earlier, I read this board mostly to know what's going on and where so the promotions help me..........but sometimes they are just too much.

:cool:

• 5 months later...

shit is excessively out of hand...........once is enough.

ya gota realize people that "promote" are basically brainless- penniless-morons- with no game, no juice ,no class etc etc- of course there are exceptions we know the very few cool ones(urban promos guys are cool) etc. but thats rare- so dont think they(promoters) will do anything less than the stupidest things possible lmfao

okay, so what's your point?

I too like to read the promotions but not in 3 or 4 separate threads............it really doesn't bother me that I have to see it on the message board, I just don't like the fact that a lot of it is people exploiting the board and overhyping parties and DJs.

RIP it up TYCO..... Amen brother....

I understand how promoting works and I know that promoters must do this for the party to work...........but there is such thing as overdoing it. that is, OVERhyping a party...........which is basically lying to everyone you are trying to get through the door........I never said anything about putting your own party down (as you sarcastically indicate in your post)..........but it bothers me when promoters hype the piss out of parties then people go and half of the stuff promised never happens.........and that can be anything from guestlists to DJs not being "super", etc..........if it's a good party, there is no need to overhype it..........just tell it how it is and it will speak for itself..........if you need to overhype shit, you shouldn't be promoting the party to begin with..........there are plently of promoters I know of that have successful parties and don't flood message boards with a bunch of posts to keep them up.......

also, I never said you were a promoter nor did I ever aim this post specifically at you............you went ahead and included yourself. I don't mean every promoter who posts their party on CP...........just those that fit the bill.

Allow me to get in on this one, your are 110% CORRECT.. Tyco I’ve Been Workin in this Business for over 13 years Now and What I read on these boards and others are so fucking lame…. it make me want to vomit,

Hyping Dj’s is a Fuckin Joke,

the Review thing is so fuckin obvious,

the “ Grand opening “ thing is out of control

you got one guy who promotes one club on Friday that promotes a different club on Saturday that competes with that same club……

But What you need to understand here is Most of these places are NOT REAL VENUES there Failed Restaurants that Bring in Wedding Dj Sound Systems and Wedding light’s and call them selves “ Clubs “ non of them Last and None of them can compete with the “ Players “

I mean Did you even go to one of these Places that are in the cesspool that these guys try to hype on these boards......

that pretty much says it all……………

Originally posted by satan

Allow me to get in on this one, your are 110% CORRECT.. Tyco I’ve Been Workin in this Business for over 13 years Now and What I read on these boards and others are so fucking lame…. it make me want to vomit,

So where do you promote?