Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Why are people getting engaged at such a young age?"

This was written on the NJguido board..... thought it was quite intersting to see the responses....

Sorry for those opposed to my view. I respect the opinions and feelings of others, so please do so with mine.

I know about 10 couples in between the ages of 18-23 that are engaged or married.

Most of these couples have never dated anyone else.

My question is why are people rushing into this? How do you know that the opposite person is completely right for you without dating others and maturing with age?

In my opinion, in between the ages of 18-23, all you really know about your significant other is what's their favorite school subject and how they like to party.

Why are people rushing into marriage at a young age when they have never experienced the company of someone else, they do not know where their job is going to take them in the future and/or how they will mature after the college years and partying years are passed? Why not wait until you're financially secure and established in life, as well?

I mean, don't you think that most divorces take place due to cheating and people torn between their careers?

Originally posted by fakearmani

This was written on the NJguido board..... thought it was quite intersting to see the responses....

Sorry for those opposed to my view. I respect the opinions and feelings of others, so please do so with mine.

I know about 10 couples in between the ages of 18-23 that are engaged or married.

My question is why are people rushing into this? How do you know that the opposite person is completely right for you without dating others and maturing with age?

In my opinion, in between the ages of 18-23, all you really know about your significant other is what's their favorite school subject and how they like to party.

Why are people rushing into marriage at a young age when they have never experienced the company of someone else, they do not know where their job is going to take them in the future and/or how they will mature after the college years and partying years are passed? Why not wait until you're financially secure and established in life, as well?

I mean, don't you think that most divorces take place due to cheating and people torn between their careers?

i think it has somthign to do withthe war and 9/11

Originally posted by fakearmani

I agree about getting married young but if you've found a person who makes you happy, should you leave them just because you haven't been with other people? if you're happy, all you're doing is leaving that to try to find the same thing again...........you will never be able to be with everyone before making a decision............all that matters is that you are happy with whomever you are with, no matter if they are the only one you've been with or not...........

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...I'm 27 and I'm married..My hubby is also 27..We started dating at age 15 as sophmores in high school in 1991..We then got engaged in Cancun in 1999 at age 23..We had a long engagement and enjoyed that part of our life and got more financially stable and then got married September 2002 at age 26 and bought a condo..So far I feel we did everything the right way, for us anyway...We will wait still 2-3 more years to begin our own family..We want to now enjoy this part of our life..Not in any rush to do anything..Everyone has their own opinions on what is the right age and so on..But there really is no right age, is there?..It is when you are ready yourselves..I have only been with my husband, since we have been together for almost 12 years total..Some agree and some do not..But if you are happy with the person and you love them dearly, why try to be with someone else and break it off to be with someone else.."If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it"..I love that quote..:D

Originally posted by ClubGirl

Hello...I'm 27 and I'm married..My hubby is also 27..We started dating at age 15 as sophmores in high school in 1991..We then got engaged in Cancun in 1999 at age 23..We had a long engagement and enjoyed that part of our life and got more financially stable and then got married September 2002 at age 26 and bought a condo..So far I feel we did everything the right way, for us anyway...We will wait still 2-3 more years to begin our own family..We want to now enjoy this part of our life..Not in any rush to do anything..Everyone has their own opinions on what is the right age and so on..But there really is no right age, is there?..It is when you are ready yourselves..I have only been with my husband, since we have been together for almost 12 years total..Some agree and some do not..But if you are happy with the person and you love them dearly, why try to be with someone else and break it off to be with someone else.."If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it"..I love that quote..:D

I'm sorry I didnt read all of that

my ex that i have just been lucky enough to get rid of always wanted to get married and have kids and used to hound me about it a lot even started getting crazy towards the end like if u don't put a ring on my finger u don't love me and if u don't cum in me and knock me up u don't love me well fuk at 21 I'm not about to have no wifes or kids and she was like 19 and tho it was a good relationship all the wife and kids talked freaked me the fuk out and i stopped fukin her for like 2 months towards the end because every time i looked at her i was just disgusted with shit she said and how she wanted to lock my life down it got so depressing that i started becoming a prick and we broke up right now its on and off but fuk i hope its more off then on because the relationships too much drama but its hard to say bye for good so I'm stuck till i get really pissed and just do it lol

but for the topic yea young marriages are crazy its cute if the peopler were virgins and Hs sweet hearts and all but for the most part u need to go out have fun so when it is time to settle down u aren't siting back and thinking u missed out on life

I realy dont think age has anything to do with it at all....if you found the 1 person that is your best friend, lover, and soul mate then I say do it!!!

True Love is very hard to find....but when you find it you'll know b/c nothing else matters....beleive me I know.......

that is the way I look at it....