Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Irresponsible reporting on CP's behalf

The first amendment of the constitution gives us these freedom of speech..

The question obviously that begs to be asked is “ When do these rights become taken advantage of?â€

On the front page of clubplanet.com today, dated September 16, 2003.

The story of a 21-year-old man who collapsed at a club, and subsequently dies.

The article goes on to say how the Victims family stated to police that the 21 year old man was taking medication for a blood disorder and an enlarged heart.

The tragedy that this family must endure apparently is not subject to the loss of their family member. Apparently, it is also subject to the implications, and opinions of, what is more than likely, a high school graduate writing this article., trying to scandalize and also trivialize his death .

The article goes on to discuss the drug-related problems that SF has had in the past. How undercover police were able to buy drugs in this club

I ask you this question, “What does the clubs history have to do with the death of this young man?†Does CP really think they are being responsible journalists by publishing this on their website?

Isn’t the testimony of the FAMILY enough for them, or are they under the impression that they are on an episode of NYPD Blue?

After what this family must endure, how dare clubplanet make inferences to drugs and implications of wrongdoing on his part?

Who are they, the sole jury? I think not. When the truth is revealed, will CP do the responsible thing and print the truth on their website, just as big, and grand as the original piece? I think not!

For those people that didn’t know this Victim, he is an unfortunate victim of a bad heart.. A terrible tragedy of a young man who had his whole life ahead of him . Thanks to clubplanet many will see him as he was protrayed by CP, a drug addict, and nothing more.

He was something. He was something to his family, he was something to his friends. He was a son, a grandson, a brother, and a friend, and that alone, should be reason enough to not make any kind of inferences as to the cause of his death

I agree 1000% babydoll. I am friends with his brother and was actually had just left him when he got the news. It is scary that here is a kid with a true problem and this could have happened any where to him but since it happened at the Factory its automatically being linked to drugs. People should wait til they get the facts straight before they start to criticize or assume.

i agree 100%....it pure bullshit to print something like that, but unfortenatly they are not the only ones. The media have done the same thing, I read the practically the same thing in the daily news. Its unfortenate that the guy lost his life, its even worse when the masses automatically assume he was just some drug addict. I don't know him personally, but even if he was there is no way that CP or the Daily news would have any idea therefore should not include such b.s. in their articles. Its unfortenate, but this is the world we live in today.

here is what was in the daily news

Taken directly from the Daily News Website:

Man dies on club's dance floor

A 21-year-old New Jersey man died early yesterday morning after collapsing on the dance floor of a popular midtown nightclub, police said.

Michael Spano, of Roselle Park, N.J., was out with several friends at the Sound Factory nightclub on W. 46th St. when he fell unconscious and dropped to the floor just after 2 a.m., police said.

His friends called 911 and paramedics rushed Spano to St. Clare's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead soon after arrival, police said.

Spano's family told investigators that he had been taking medication for a blood disorder and an enlarged heart, police said. There were no signs of trauma. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

The Sound Factory, a 30,000-square-foot, four-level club with smoke machines and a million-dollar sound system, has been the target of several recent police raids that cracked down on drug sales, including a large Ecstasy buy-and-bust this past February.

Calls to the club for comment were not answered.

Jonathan Lemire

Originally posted by babydoll2002

The first amendment of the constitution gives us these freedom of speech..

The question obviously that begs to be asked is “ When do these rights become taken advantage of?â€

On the front page of clubplanet.com today, dated September 16, 2003.

The story of a 21-year-old man who collapsed at a club, and subsequently dies.

The article goes on to say how the Victims family stated to police that the 21 year old man was taking medication for a blood disorder and an enlarged heart.

The tragedy that this family must endure apparently is not subject to the loss of their family member. Apparently, it is also subject to the implications, and opinions of, what is more than likely, a high school graduate writing this article., trying to scandalize and also trivialize his death .

The article goes on to discuss the drug-related problems that SF has had in the past. How undercover police were able to buy drugs in this club

I ask you this question, “What does the clubs history have to do with the death of this young man?†Does CP really think they are being responsible journalists by publishing this on their website?

Isn’t the testimony of the FAMILY enough for them, or are they under the impression that they are on an episode of NYPD Blue?

After what this family must endure, how dare clubplanet make inferences to drugs and implications of wrongdoing on his part?

Who are they, the sole jury? I think not. When the truth is revealed, will CP do the responsible thing and print the truth on their website, just as big, and grand as the original piece? I think not!

For those people that didn’t know this Victim, he is an unfortunate victim of a bad heart.. A terrible tragedy of a young man who had his whole life ahead of him . Thanks to clubplanet many will see him as he was protrayed by CP, a drug addict, and nothing more.

He was something. He was something to his family, he was something to his friends. He was a son, a grandson, a brother, and a friend, and that alone, should be reason enough to not make any kind of inferences as to the cause of his death

Baby doll, I don’t know you and you’ll never know me ether, but after reading your post I must say this is gross of this message board to print such a thing when there is a precious life taken from him his family and his friends.

You wanna know why CP prints this, well the same reason why you hear the media totally exaggerate the real story, in the media it’s rating’s to club planet it’s all about creating drama for the HITS, so there can sell advertising banners….. What the fuck has this world come to....... this is outrageous Shame on CP AGAIN!!!!!...

• 10 months later...