Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the best year to party in NYC

tunnle

Originally posted by jennEfer

I turned 18 at the wrong time... the only hint of good clubbing I experienced were the last shining moments of Twilo. :(

same here....i was at carl cox's label lauch party....the time i ever had....sasha and digweed were disppointing when i saw them at Twilo..i think 99....

Originally posted by jennEfer

I turned 18 at the wrong time... the only hint of good clubbing I experienced were the last shining moments of Twilo. :(

Yeah i like how all the "young" people on here don't have anything to say.. I got into the club scene in 2000. A year before Twilo shut its door. To me those were the good old days, I can only imagine how things were in the mid to late 90s. :(

All the old school heads - remember when Ecstasy was the "new"club drug ? Back then - you had to have real tight club connections to get them horse pills !!

Back then there were no lounges with pretty names and $300 per bottle service - it was harcore music ,dancing + drugs ONLY !

NYC HOUSE MUSIC ! Everyone was building it up ! MAW,Frankie Knuckles, Lord G, David Morales + Junior Vasquez ! Frankie Bones, Moby + Soulslinger !Oh and ...Keoki and Corbett too !

Back then everything was more exciting - maybe it's becuz I was a 15 yr.old sneaking into clubs but the scene was just building up paving the trend for what it is now today .

Back then - music, club + drugs just seemed more underground +more real , pure and untouched - ...not so commercial like these days .... sometimes when I'm at a club nowadays I feel like I'm at a mall in NJ or in a badly directed music video. Back then clubs were like these secret places you'd goto hear sickass music you couldn't hear any where else

Shout out to PALLADIUM, CLub USA and Save the Robots with Jonathan Peters and Eddie Baez and the Sound Factory Bar (former Cheetah) !!! Props to La Factoria and Cafe con Leche !

There was a place in history . Music was being made and a scene was being built in NYC. Danny Tenaglia, Junior Vasquez + Jonathan Peters - they were all there building it up ...

.......... you just had to be there ........ ..

Twilo had yet to take off, but Gulianni's policies were

92/93 hands down was the best time to party in NYC. Disco 2000 was at it's peak, raves at the Roxy, Anchorage, Roseland were only $15, dirty Queens warehouse parties still used map points, Satellite had just opened, Deee-Lite were still together, and NASA was rockin us into the future....

00/01 were bad ass too, but only at Twilo.www.darbyjones.net

Originally posted by lollie60

All the old school heads - remember when Ecstasy was the "new"club drug ? Back then - you had to have real tight club connections to get them horse pills !!

Back then there were no lounges with pretty names and $300 per bottle service - it was harcore music ,dancing + drugs ONLY !

NYC HOUSE MUSIC ! Everyone was building it up ! MAW,Frankie Knuckles, Lord G, David Morales + Junior Vasquez ! Frankie Bones, Moby + Soulslinger !Oh and ...Keoki and Corbett too !

Back then everything was more exciting - maybe it's becuz I was a 15 yr.old sneaking into clubs but the scene was just building up paving the trend for what it is now today .

Back then - music, club + drugs just seemed more underground +more real , pure and untouched - ...not so commercial like these days .... sometimes when I'm at a club nowadays I feel like I'm at a mall in NJ or in a badly directed music video. Back then clubs were like these secret places you'd goto hear sickass music you couldn't hear any where else

Shout out to PALLADIUM, CLub USA and Save the Robots with Jonathan Peters and Eddie Baez and the Sound Factory Bar (former Cheetah) !!! Props to La Factoria and Cafe con Leche !

There was a place in history . Music was being made and a scene was being built in NYC. Danny Tenaglia, Junior Vasquez + Jonathan Peters - they were all there building it up ...

.......... you just had to be there ........ ..

bravo!!!