Clubplanet Nightlife Community

talib kweli in dc tonight!

scratchapella

i didn't go. even though buzz was cancelled that night, i still wouldn't have gone. the crowd/vibe at a show is important to me. talib kweli in a venue like that wouldn't have been a real hip hop show.

kslik, if you're into underground hip hop, five has a lot of good upcoming events. . .jeru the damaja this wednesday for instance. . . peanut butter wolf in a few weeks. . . :)

I like a good vibe and good music, I am not into undergound hiphop but I am definitely feeling Talib Kweli and Jeru. I've never heard of peanut butter wolf.

Dream's "mini-concerts" aren't always as bad as we all might imagine. I've seen a few shows that were well done (note: I am not sugggesting they are always worth the price of admission), the only problem I have with Dream is the location. The distance from downtown and the timing of the show almost always requires you to commit to that venue as your after concert event.