Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When Are We Gonna See Acosta Rip It Up At Space

tnargs

Originally posted by sobeton

GA is an extremely talented DJ, who started his career by playing house and freestyle. he found his niche with the german trance sound, and rode it to its pinnacle. in some areas of the world he still does very well, however in miami that sound is pretty much done. hence I doubt he will be spinning at Space anytime soon. IMO I don’t think we have heard the last of GA. he may comeback and surprise the hell out of all of us. he has enough talent to spin any type of music. the question is what will he do next ??

actually im pretty sure he started off playing breaks...;)

Acostanation --> levelution (who knows, next level might have as well come from that, dunno)

and dunno as well if they call the nights at spin or maze anything. he is rather unpredictible when he plays, i'll give him that much, but he knows how to get a crowd going(his crowd)

I only caught him once at shadow lounge, but that was enough to make my first weekend in miami memorable :D

bitch all you want, he was big once, and some people still like him(myself included)

Originally posted by michaelmartin

yes MR. T ..your soo on the money ...breaks..." Planet Soul "..

sounds familiar..then house was next..n now ACOsTA NATION!!

Geoge Acosta was playing house way before Planet Soul , in fact I remember he would hang out alot with the MURK boys (same style house) more or less.....

Originally posted by jamezny1

as far as european trance being dead i got to disagree PVD, Tiesto, AVB, Ferry, are still the biggest names in the industry right now

I never said all european trance was dead, but rather the german trance sound with regard to miami. ;)

I never said all european trance was dead, but rather the german trance sound with regard to miami. ;)

Even though German Trance is not as "alive and prevelant" as house music in miami , GA still attracts a crowd when he does play (maze) and even some of EV tracks i consider "german trance" and he also has a really nice following .

My Car stereo aswell as my bedroom stereo , Tech-trance (german trance) is alive & kickin ! Gangsta ! :cool:

Originally posted by mursa

Even though German Trance is not as "alive and prevelant" as house music in miami , GA still attracts a crowd when he does play (maze) and even some of EV tracks i consider "german trance" and he also has a really nice following .

My Car stereo aswell as my bedroom stereo , Tech-trance (german trance) is alive & kickin ! Gangsta ! :cool:

not to say that GA, could not attract a crowd. however I doubt he would, be able to do it on a consistent bases. to clarify I would consider Talla, Taucher, Scot Project, etc to be representative of the "German Trance " sound. IMO Marco Carola, Marco V., Tiesto, Oliver Lieb, etc are more Tech Trance. which I don’t believe sounds, anything like german trance. EV incorporates several different styles in his sets, a diversity which you will not find in a GA set. at least none that I have heard recently. hence EV’s style can appeal, even to the most hardcore house head. ;)

not to say that GA, could not attract a crowd. however I doubt he would, be able to do it on a consistent bases. to clarify I would consider Talla, Taucher, Scot Project, etc to be representative of the "German Trance " sound. IMO Marco Carola, Marco V., Tiesto, Oliver Lieb, etc are more Tech Trance. which I don’t believe sounds, anything like german trance. EV incorporates several different styles in his sets, a diversity which you will not find in a GA set. at least none that I have heard recently. hence EV’s style can appeal, even to the most hardcore house head. ;)

Word!!so true.

Although Acosta at his "Lost World" Show, is nothing compared to what he spins, there are some of his shows that amaze me, hence the fact he play some of the rare or newly released tracks. And just limited hard trance, compared to his gigs where 5/5 hours of him playing are hard trance. I used to love Acosta back then..

I never said EV is a German Trance artist .........i said that some of his Tracks fall into that category . ;)

Trance = Europe (scot proj, talla marco v ,tiesto, etc ).................therefore GA is in many ways 2nd string for when it comes to the Elite Trance DJ's .

Originally posted by mursa

I never said EV is a German Trance artist .........

neither did I, so there. :tongue::laugh: but EV has the diversity GA lacks. which was my point gangsta.. ;):D

p.s. Christopher Lawrence, Deepsky , Sandra Collins, etc not European, but certainly have produced some decent trance tracks ... :cool:

neither did I, so there. :tongue::laugh: but EV has the diversity GA lacks. which was my point gangsta.. ;):D

p.s. Christopher Lawrence, Deepsky , Sandra Collins, etc not European, but certainly have produced some decent trance tracks ... :cool:

Agreed aswell .......... EV diversity-progressive style is what makes me perfer him over GA .

Christopher Lawrence definetly put up a nice Set in Ultra 2003 ... deepsky are also good .