Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snl

fineones

the new season of SNL starts oct. 4th ...last season was sooo bad hopefully it gets allot better this yr..but the first weeks host is justin timberlake..for the ladies and some of tje guys....and then britney spears the following week for the guys and some of u ladies ;)

..i am somewhat stupified when i see some of the new shows...i can not believe this show has survived so many years...it makes me wonder about the current quality level of tv...especially with respect to sitcoms and variety shows...bring back the old snl and Benny Hill!!!...rip...:(

i dunno what they're gonna do with this cast; so many of them are so new.

the women in the cast are all solid: maya rudolph, rachel dratch, and amy poehler (tina fey doesn't really count) are really all terrific. but i think that losing chris kattan is really gonna hurt the show. as far as men are concerned, horatio sanz is excellent, i like jeff richards, and i like one guy whose name escapes me (the one who plays the falconer), but the rest don't do much for me. darrell hammond is necessary for impressions and chris parnell is necessary to be a straight man, but that's about it. jimmy fallon annoys me.

it's really iffy. i hope everything turns out ok :worry: , 'cause i've loved this show ever since i was a little kid.

amy barnes, and wanda sykes are the only women i ever found funny... lynne koplitz is so so however shes hotter than she is funny so it makes her bad jokes a lil more tolerable... other than those two that i mentioned first i do not find any other women comics funny...

Originally posted by gmccookny

(espec. poundstone :laugh::worry:.)

poundstone had two good sets, both in the mid to late eighties... one set was about poptarts, the other about snickers... both were rather funny but as a whole she just plain sucks...

richard pryor, dave chappelle, patrice oneal, robert townsend, brian reagan, ted alexandro, nick swardson, mitch hedberg, bob sagat, these are outstanding comics...

Originally posted by dgmodel

richard pryor, dave chappelle, patrice oneal, robert townsend, brian reagan, ted alexandro, nick swardson, mitch hedberg, bob sagat, these are outstanding comics...

I agree...but there are women out there...ever notice that a lot of sitcom writers are women...wanda sykes ( Emmy award winner at that ) was a writer on the chris rock show..it seems that they are more or less behind the scenes...