1. 1. WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER

• HOUSE
    • TRIBAL
    • HARD TRANCE
    • TEC HOUSE

lol u too are funny. how about we start the poll over with this

what do u like better

Progressive house

Classic house (not really a genre of house)

Tribal house

tech house

hard house

disco house

trance

hard trance

techno

funky techno

hard techno

electro techno

p.s this aint a poll just saying to do this i dont know how to start a poll anyways.

i could be wrong but i think LALALANDNYC13 is quite young and new to the scene. The probem with people is that they thinkeverything is called TECHNO or TRANCE nowadays. And when that happens forget it. Personally i LOVE HOUSE MUSIC. Now being that i LOVE HOUSE MUSIC i have the pleasure weather im at websterhall, arc, shelter, cheetah, le souk, discotheque of hearing HOUSE MUSIC, progressive, tribal, dark, deep and ever once in a while tech house. Im only 23 but have been involved with house music since 1990,1991, thanks in part to my brother,cousins. NYC is a HOUSE MUSIC CITY but also its a universal city as well. Since all types of people live here of course there needs to be all types of music. But if you say HOUSE MUSIC instantly you have tothinkof NYC,CHICAGO if you sa TECHNO you think of detroit and trance-Europe i guess. Anyhow the sad part is that most people who just gotinto the scene around 99 or so dont no much about history or genres.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

tech house is generally horrible....not as bad as minimal though

still...i dont see why it is there instead of techno :confused:

I like tech house. i thinkts its betta than techno cause techno is too repetitive. i love hearin techno dj's cuase with techno its all about their style. and u wont hear a song for 8 minutes maybe 3 or 4.

How bout this I am 23 and i've been going to clubs since I'm 15.

I like cheesy ktu house, some hard beats too... freestyle, hip hop reggae, classics. I am not obsessed with this whole House techno tribel shit. to tell you the truth i cant tell the difference sometimes. I dont care whats playing as longs as im having a good time who gives a fuck :D

you know whats awesome when someone posts a poll.... and people think they should be like musical gods..... and talk down to another about how much more they know about music... how bout u people shut the fuck up and grow up..... its music.... the person picked those 4 in the poll.... they wanted to know out of those 4 which do most of you like... its not that hard..... if your fav genre isnt on the list then STFU and go watch wrestling Roninmess..... we all know ur the god of all music and u met the most djs blah blah blah WOW your my idle

as for tech-house...many people dont really know where to draw the line between techno/house....many times i prefer tech-house because its usally funkier, but techno is meant to be played hard IMHO

Not many "big" dj's are all about tech-house, but Glaude is fucking nasty and he plays a lot of it

Originally posted by cap1

How bout this I am 23 and i've been going to clubs since I'm 15.

I like cheesy ktu house, some hard beats too... freestyle, hip hop reggae, classics. I am not obsessed with this whole House techno tribel shit. to tell you the truth i cant tell the difference sometimes. I dont care whats playing as longs as im having a good time who gives a fuck :D

AMEN REVEREND CAP1...AMEN....

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Not many "big" dj's are all about tech-house, but Glaude is fucking nasty and he plays a lot of it

i dont think we are on the same page here

the genre is changing greatly. its now much more closer to house, and isnt "nasty" by any means. i have been noticing that most of that sound is being labeled as techno these days.

for the "new" tech house sound, check out producers/djs such as Tyrant, 112 crew (except Bill Patrick), Swayzak and Ricardo Villobos.