Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roland at life

livin42nite

Wow

Had the intentions last night to pass by life, nerve, and then spend most my time at level to give armin van buuren a chance cause like 2 years ago him and tiesto used to be my fav djs until I started liking trance less and less and getting more and more into the house side of music.

Anyways get to life at 12:30, get that roland global mix from party931, and plan to just get a couple of drinks. Music was great at that time though so thought stick it out for a bit. Oh little did I know roland was planning on killing that main room tonight. I've seen roland countless times and all I have to say about last night is along with classics night may just be my fav set by him. Tune selection was nothing out of the ordinary from what he plays, but the energy in this set and the way it was built up, crazzzzzzzzy. It's very rare you will see me in a club jumpin around like a madman to the music, only infusion and classics night had me do that this year until last night. My body is tired right now and tonight I think im just gonna chill and probably a movie or watch that guy I've seen on comedy central a few times, greg giraldo or something playing at the improv.

Really wanted to support nerve and jimmy t and check out armin, but blame roland for being so damn good last night. Biz thanks for the cds, will be giving them a listen soon. Y'all missed a good show last night by not going, even pod was going crazy to t hat micheal jackson tune, lol. Great time at life last night, now if only they could bring back that 80's party on wednesdays and maybe move it to a thursday night. Roland gave one of top performances of the year, my other favs have been infusion, demi a few weeks back, hybrid, and classics night and I think last night may have enjoyed only the infusion set more but then again they were not on for 3 and half hours. Good times wherever roland plays :aright:

Originally posted by rcrespo

u2 - with or without (skullduggery remix)

as played by sander on the terrace 7/5 .. first time i heard it anyway :)

it's not that mix ray.

the other 2 I'll tell you the next time I see you. the "go" track is an old classic. at least 6 years old. hella track though..

WHAT A NIGHT!! Roly seriously destroyed the room. Threw down an incredible set. It's a change from such a big room like the mainroom or terrace in size & he was soo on. Everything sounded great last night, all with the exception of the monitor cable which killed the monitor @ 1am. I couldn't believe he mixed the entire set without the monitors. Unreal :eek: pretty much flawless.. the flaws were my fault cuz I was jumpin' like a maniac with rocky makin' the turntable skip.. :laugh: System was really kickin', Roly just simply went off track by track & never let off. a few classics, some of his signature stuff & a sprinkle of big dance floor tracks. not for nothin' but it was an incredible vibe & the room held up till almost the bitter end. Awesome night!!

btw, I lost my voice... anyway, off to Space tonite...

Hope to see u guys for the next one this coming week. It's the premier of the "House of Life" party to introduce our new team & our new quarterly residents & weekly residents. gonna be a rockin' night...

some of the lineup will include:

Roland

Ralph Falcon

Bruno

Shawn Rudnick

Just a peek.. I'll give you more info early in the week before the actual event date of Friday, Oct. 10th.

See u @ Life & thanks to you guys for makin' it a great night!! ;)

see you tonight biz .. gonna definitely stop by next week. :)

which u2 remix was it then?

ther'es also another u2 bootie going around thats been big in ibiza with something else over it .. i could dig in my email for it .. if i find it .. ill go ahead and post it ..

if not you'll have to wait for biz or roland to post the id.

skullduggery mix still rocks ;)