Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for those who are bi-coastal...

os9

I'm a New Yorker who just moved to LA. I need somebody who's partied a lot on both coasts to answer a few questions. Tell me what the LA equivalent of the following NYC spots are.

For example, if I said Sound Factory, you would say that the place in LA that comes closest in spirit and tone to Sound Factory is Ivar, or something. I don't know shit.

So what's the LA version of...

1. Webster Hall

2. Plaid

3. Sound Factory

4. Bungalow 8

5. Suite 16

6. Centrofly

7. China Club

8. Culture Club

9. The Roxy

10. Flow

Feel free to just answer one or two. I'm just wondering. I wanna get a sense of what the scene is like here ASAP. Plus, I'm fucking bored.

Based on my 4 days in LA back in late May...

Avalon (formerly the Palace) is a former theater, like Webster Hall. The music was more to my liking when I was there though.

Circus is where Spundae happens. It's big, with the large main floor, a smaller room, and the outdoor area. Can't think of a comparable NYC venue. Maybe Roxy would be the closest.

Qtopia is where raves take place. Felt a lot like being in a warehouse.

The Red event used to be at Arena when I went. Seemed like an Exit type crowd, but the space is not as big.

It has moved to a new location, which I think is bigger, so they more rooms with more Dj's, but I know nothing about it. Info and pics at http://www.nexxez.com