Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How's the partying at the SUNY school you go to....

I don't think albany is that bad. I've never had a problem here with gangs or fights or anything, although i've lived on campus my entire duration so far. But i've gone downtown a lot and done a lot of walking around from bar to bar etc and haven't had a problem.

Hey,

i have alot of great friends who now live in Albany, They either own a house, or rent a LOFT the size of a house that over looks washington park for like 650$ a month, its realitively cheap, and it does have bad area's and its actually preatty big,

it connects with alot of smaller town's/ Ghetto's that kinda surround it, its kinda like jersey, ? lol as far as clubs n shit go, they have a great bar scene, and lots of bars, bot nothing really "Music" oriented, except for sneaky's and this place called quintessence?, that has local house dj's play, its great to drink and listen to some good beat's, but its preaty small,

Also> albany has a great live music scene, everyone FROM< U2 to the rolling stones have played at some of the rock clubs in town, and albany is famous for being a live music town....

oh, andddd it has a VERY LARGE gay scene, for a small city its size, it was in time magazine for being the most "OUT" city for a city its size, and theres about 3 good size gay dance spaces, and probally 5-6 gay bars in the area, for a city its size its not bad, theres alot of school's in the area, and its a 3 hour drive to NY, BOSTON, n montreal

and apparently it had a good rave scene 5-6 years ago

i like it there, i would probally live there once im done with Ny, buy a house in the country kinda deal. lol?

oly>

went to SUNY Binghamton, has its up and downs, good education for the money you pay, but the place is too depressing. The sun shines only two months in the year it seems, and that's usually in the summer. MAAAD drugs, although its shady and dl, and the townies are off their rockers. Definitely alot of heads who escaped from NY, and the comment of japs living next to crack dens is right on point.

Definitely some nice little prissy sorority girls who get their backs twisted out by the thugs next door.

I plan to go back up again sometime soon, they went DI and opened up a huge new arena--Binghamton in the Final Four in 2020 maybe?

Originally posted by gmccookny

i graduated from Stony Brook in 2001.

went to lots of bamboo forest parties, parties in Kelly, but i lived in the ghetto :aright:

'the ghetto' - in STONY BROOK?!?:rolleyes:

I'd be hard pressed to find a 'ghetto' within a 20 minute drive of there...

Originally posted by neptune1

'the ghetto' - in STONY BROOK?!?:rolleyes:

I'd be hard pressed to find a 'ghetto' within a 20 minute drive of there...

man, that's what everyone called mendhelson quad.

freshman year when i arrived, the tiles in the room were falling apart, the closets didn't work, and i didn't have a mattress in my room. Drugs are mostly found there. and if you saw it, it kinda resembled a ghetto :laugh:

AND , there was a fire

That's pretty ghetto to me

Originally posted by bbbooom

ok cool guy shut up u fukin herb

your sig is too big btw... and i used to live in stony brook, just cause the dorms are shitty, doesnt make it a ghetto. thats prissy white boy land off that campus, and if you think otherwise YOU are the 'fukin' white boy herb ;)

and gmcookny, no disrespect for your freshman living conditions ;)

Originally posted by neptune1

your sig is too big btw... and i used to live in stony brook, just cause the dorms are shitty, doesnt make it a ghetto. thats prissy white boy land off that campus, and if you think otherwise YOU are the 'fukin' white boy herb ;)

and gmcookny, no disrespect for your freshman living conditions ;)

yes i am white try again...

Originally posted by oldtimer

bbbboom you went to oneonta?

yea mann

Originally posted by bbbooom

yes i am white try again...

yea mann

good shit.. i went up there this weekend and had a blast.. the girls there are out of control now.. so much better looking than last year (if it's possible) freddy's is going strong alley is still nice.. good fucking times up in that town.. ANYONE else go/went to ONEONTA?

Originally posted by oldtimer

good shit.. i went up there this weekend and had a blast.. the girls there are out of control now.. so much better looking than last year (if it's possible) freddy's is going strong alley is still nice.. good fucking times up in that town.. ANYONE else go/went to ONEONTA?

when i went the shit was weakkkkk.... no one was out and shit was dead. i heard cops are gettin much more strict up there and no one goes out.. but watevas im gonna go up again maybe. and i dont know bout the girls when i went all i saw was old bitches i knew from up there when i was there.. i didnt see any new 1s but hopefully when i go back ill see some freshwomens