Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving to florida from nj

jerseyclubin

next september if everything goes as planed, i plan on moving to floriday from nj cuz nj flat out sucks......im tired of this place and i was in daytona 2 weeks ago and fell in love wit the sun and the women and the clubs, ect.........for the people who moved down there without knowing anyone, how was it??? do u regret it?? how much would an apartment be for a single person and is it easy to get jobs??? thanks

btw= all advice will be very helpfull

1st things first, daytona and miami are two TOTALLY different places...!!! but if its the weather, clubs, and hotties your into, then you cant go wrong in miami!!!

an apartment for 1 could run you from 700 and the sky is the limit here, depending on where you wanna stay, and what kind of place it is... im assuming a person like yourself would like southbeach, downtown, the grove etc... then you could go a bit more north to north miami/ftlauderdale, or more south to lets say kendall!!! do some homework and see whats best for you.... findind a job is a big :confused: depends on what you wanna do, and what skillz you got.... there some companies laying off people, and less than some hiring...

hope this helps dude!!!

Originally posted by beatfriek

1st things first, daytona and miami are two TOTALLY different places...!!! but if its the weather, clubs, and hotties your into, then you cant go wrong in miami!!!

an apartment for 1 could run you from 700 and the sky is the limit here, depending on where you wanna stay, and what kind of place it is... im assuming a person like yourself would like southbeach, downtown, the grove etc... then you could go a bit more north to north miami/ftlauderdale, or more south to lets say kendall!!! do some homework and see whats best for you.... findind a job is a big :confused: depends on what you wanna do, and what skillz you got.... there some companies laying off people, and less than some hiring...

hope this helps dude!!!

well im going to maimi in march to check it out, i deff wana be around people who could party and who are friendlly.....planing on staying maybe in a studio for like 400 a month.....well as jobs i have 5 years in the spanish restaurant buisness and im about to graduate from lincoln tech in automotive and ill be working at honda after i graduate, hopefully that helps.....ill be 22 so im not a lil kid

Originally posted by jerseyclubin

well im going to maimi in march to check it out, i deff wana be around people who could party and who are friendlly.....planing on staying maybe in a studio for like 400 a month.....well as jobs i have 5 years in the spanish restaurant buisness and im about to graduate from lincoln tech in automotive and ill be working at honda after i graduate, hopefully that helps.....ill be 22 so im not a lil kid

well if you got exp in resturants and what not, u shouldnt have a problem finding a gig... at least until u start work for honda...

www.careerbuilder.com check this out!;)

Originally posted by beatfriek

and a spanish resurant!!! :aright: big ups if your bilingual!!!

yeah i speak about 3 diff languages (spanish, portuguese, and english) and im planing on leaving september so in like august ill go down there and get a place and a job......im just lookin for advice right now

Here is some suggestions.

Get job lined up before you move here.

Live near your work. Driving in Miami sux. It is highly doubtful to find a place for much less than 550 or 600 on the beachor in the Grove , that is in decent conditions.

Look at places a little north also just not Sobe. places just over the Broward county are nice like hallandale, and Hollywood and further like Ft Lauderdale. only 25 miles from South beach

Come down for a week and take a look at all these places, and make contacts.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Here is some suggestions.

Get job lined up before you move here.

Live near your work. Driving in Miami sux. It is highly doubtful to find a place for much less than 550 or 600 on the beachor in the Grove , that is in decent conditions.

Look at places a little north also just not Sobe. places just over the Broward county are nice like hallandale, and Hollywood and further like Ft Lauderdale. only 25 miles from South beach

Come down for a week and take a look at all these places, and make contacts.

Very Good advice!

The other areas are much cheeper and nice, just not the action of south beach (but not the ghetto action either so it works out)

and while driving does suck (pretend your in another country) it isn't as bad as the other cities I have lived in.

If you thouhgt Datona was awesome, then Miami beach will be too much for you. They are apples and Oranges.

You can find beat up studious in south beach for $550 and up. $700 and up and you have a nice place (studio)

On South beach, a parking space is huge!!

Try to get a job first, then look for a better job. Someone from New Jersey pounding the pavement in the september heat sucks.

I think you should find someone renting a room on South beach so you can take more time finding the perfect space. A one year lease on a place that sucks, sucks.

Wear clean underwear

Originally posted by thephoenix

where in jersey?

im from newark nj......thanks for all the advice, its really helpfull.......i don't mind driving, im use to driving in traffic in nyc and its not that bad, as long as your not late......that could be pretty bad.......ive been checking out the classiefieds online on daytona beach and i found a couple of studios for about 400-500 a month on the beach, i don't know the condition of the inside but the outside looked pretty nice.......well when i go there in march maybe ill meet some people and get advice and get shown around, then hopefully it will help me decide......right now its either daytona beach or maimi

Hey Jersey Boy, Im grew up in Newark myself then moved to Linden. Now I live in North Miami Beach for the last 5 years and the other guy was right. You better live next to your fu!$!ing job. The traffic here SUCKS ASS! I travel 13 miles to my office. It takes me about 1 1/2 to get to work. Traffic outside the tunnels nor on route 21, 1 and 9 or any other highways in Jersey got shit on traffic in Miami.

Another thing, get a job first. And Im not talking about selling lemons off the Palmetto at 12 for a dollar either. Its not easy.

Lots of luck to you. You wont regret moving out here. I know I dont have any !

Brgds,

Sal

Guest saleen351

I'M FROM NJ, HERES SOME ADVICE

1. DON'T MOVE ANYWHERE IN DADE COUNTY

2. ALL THE PEOPLE IN DADE COUNTY ARE TRASH

3. SEE RULES 1 AND 2.