Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: all producers, dj's and people who give a damn...

demo909

This was emailed to me by a good friend who runs one of the most successful labels in the US right now......

Your individual support for anti-piracy initiatives with members of Congress IS ESSENTIAL to the future of the music business. The RIAA has developed a website to help people involved in the music business to send e-mails and letters to Congress about piracy and its impact on us. Congress has been very active in this arena, and contact with your elected politicians has a real impact.

Using the site is simple. The website is http://www.myjobismusic.com and the password is 4Music . In addition, a button has been added to all our American intranet sites that will transfer you to the myjobismusic website. The website offers a variety of template letters for use. But each of the letters can be customized by just clicking on the letter and by adding your own content and own words. All you need to do is type in your zip code (from home or work or both ) and it will automatically send it to your U.S. Senators and local Congressional Member.

You should all feel free to use this website and to pass on information about it to other people you work with in the music industry who might also be interested in it.

Note: Some of you who receive this may not be registered to vote in the U.S. but if you work at a U.S. location, please feel free to send the letter

change is coming people....like it or not

I'm curious about how much the undeground dance music vinyl industry is really effected by piracy, I'm not denying that it is, however most people who talk about it seem to just make the assumption that there is this huge affect, maybe there is, or maybe there isn't, I have yet to see anything to convince me either way.... case in point I love this Mauro Picotto track "New Time New Place" after I heard Stryke play it at Maze I went home and downloaded it from Soulseek, heard again a few times and liked it even more, now I was in Grooveman yesterday and they had the vinyl, $18 2x12, with 4 tracks, and I only like that one, but I went and bought it anyway because I just had to have the vinyl, there's just nothing like the real thing!

and even with the major labels who have exact figures regarding their sales slump fail to convince me that it is all because of piracy, obviously that doesn't help, but maybe the main reason is that they've been tryintg to sell this whole "concept album" product with albums that don't really have a concept, or more than 1 or 2 good tracks, file sharing lets people get around having to spend 17-19 for a disc full of filler, however I wouldn't say that file sharing is the real cause for people not wanting to buy these albums....

no offense

fuck the RIAA

they do nothing for djs and producers of our kind

they only concerened with big time jayz and britteny spears type artists

and go figure anything metallica is involved with gotta be fucked up, cause all they do is sue people, i think they made more in the past 10 years by sueing then off any album..

u wanna see djs and artists get paid go see them live pay thier salary that way

or go out and buy the record

only you can help out because all these people protesting isnt doing shit instead of wasting time trying to fight an unstopable force go out get a job so u can have more money to buy music

Dude....why have normal signning fees of say $1500.00 a track gone down to $500.00 or less?

Why have labels started pressing up less cpoies of vinyls?

Why have distributors stop buying higher quanaties of vinyl?

it's not because the demand has subsided....it's a direct result of piracy

I used to press up and sell over 2500 copies of a track.....now i'm lucky if i press up and sell 1000.......believe me there is a big connection to piracy that affects all of us DJ's and producers and not just the mega stars.

so go ahead man and continue to download all your free music and justify it by saying...."if I really like the track I'll go out and buy the vinyl and support the artist" Please!! Everyone uses that excuse. the very scene and industry you love (music) will be the one you destroy cause you love it so much. GET WITH IT!

and how is this post or that stupid website gonna make me or anyone else go out and buy a record??

get with it bro you and the Riaa can only control yourselves,

so start with urself and go out and buy some new releases.

i buy music so im not defending the downloaders in anyway

but im realistic about it, sueing people aint gonna make them go out and buy music its gonna make them have even less money to go buy music

Guest saleen351

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:topicsuck

RIAA and all the artists can go fuck themselves

25 bucks for a 7 track cd:laugh:

tommy boy never replied to my email...

the record biz is a joke run by greedy children and now they are getting fucked in the ass....

BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL! BOYCOTT BUYING ALL MUSIC ON A RIAA LABEL!

Guest saleen351

BTW DEMO, club music is over, when drugs got taken out of the scene, the scene died, all club music now is playedddddddddddddddddddddd! no one cares and no one is going to buy it... trance is so dead it should be a crime to spin the newer shit. House is so gay, as soon as one vocal gets remixed, you see 492759847592835734985798325 remixes the next week...

Techno will never go anywhere

Classic Rock is where it's at, it will never go out of style..

You don't get it do you?

Do you get a pay check everyweek from work? What if you stopped getting paid but still had to work? does that make sense?

I don't know if sueing people is the right answer....but it does send a message that this has to stop.

and by the way I spend over $300.00 a week on new releases

Originally posted by saleen351

BTW DEMO, club music is over, when drugs got taken out of the scene, the scene died, all club music now is playedddddddddddddddddddddd! no one cares and no one is going to buy it... trance is so dead it should be a crime to spin the newer shit. House is so gay, as soon as one vocal gets remixed, you see 492759847592835734985798325 remixes the next week...

Techno will never go anywhere

Classic Rock is where it's at, it will never go out of style..

what happens when you are no longer able to buy your classic rock cause the labels and the artists have pulled the cd's, both new and back catalogue from store shelves. what happens when artists refuse to produce new tracks and refuse airplay? all you have left is concerts and the tix prices will be even more insane then they are now

You know what in a way I'm glad for the record companies getting screwed over cause its forced artists to work that much harder on their album to provide us something worth our money. Most albums that were coming out the past couple of years had like 3 songs max that I could enjoy for a long time. This month I've been buying cds like crazy after a long time of not buying any albums, why? Cause now the albums are complete and they are starting to become worth the price. Great work on the murk album though it could have used one more track. Outkast, dido, dave matthews have all had great albums come out these past couple of weeks. Glad to see a change in quality of albums and if it keeps up I know sales will go up. People will spend money if they feel they are getting their money's worth and the album is good.

Originally posted by demo909

You don't get it do you?

Do you get a pay check everyweek from work? What if you stopped getting paid but still had to work? does that make sense?

I don't know if sueing people is the right answer....but it does send a message that this has to stop.

and by the way I spend over $300.00 a week on new releases

i would quit and find a new job i guess.

its like telling smokers that smoking can kill them

do they not already know?

do they care?

save ur preaching for more valuable things

i buy records when i have money and when i do have money for it i spend it all on vinyl, other wise i get music directly from the artists or lables themselves..

i am a collector i have a passion for vinyl but these RIAA activists make me laugh

Originally posted by andrewthomas

i would quit and find a new job i guess.

its like telling smokers that smoking can kill them

do they not already know?

do they care?

save ur preaching for more valuable things

i buy records when i have money and when i do have money for it i spend it all on vinyl, other wise i get music directly from the artists or lables themselves..

i am a collector i have a passion for vinyl but these RIAA activists make me laugh

who will you blame when record shops close down and vinyl becomes nearly extinct?

Originally posted by andrewthomas

i will blame the record store and distributers who hire people who rip tracks and put them on the net

where else u think they come from

i spent way over $60,000 in records in my lifetime so i dont wanna hear jack

It's not about what you spend....It's about what others won't spend. Fine you play your part....you support the cause. Congrats.

And FYI...having worked as a head buyer for grooveman for many years and also worked for one of the biggest distributors in the US.....security at labels stores and distributors is the highest it's ever been. People are fired on the spot when they are caught rip'n songs....I've seen it happen first hand

i think some of you are missing the point. we're not trying to rip off consumers...yes, a lot of labels are charging too much for the media, i agree there. but is stealing it going to make it better? no, it's going to make it worse. it's basic supply/demand...right saleen?! tell you what, how about me and craig come to some of your jobs, punch you in the face, steal shit from you, and then try to be your buddies after that. in essence that's what you're doing to us. we have to eat too!

I don't think artists who build a loyal fanbase and put out a great album worth the price of a cd will have a problem. The problem is when u got artists that have a fanbase, release an album with 2 or 3 good songs people get suckered into buying it and feeling ripped off, so they rip that artist off in the future and think twice about purchasing cds. I download albums all the time, and if they are good and have more then 4 decent songs on there I will spend the 14.99-17.99 on it.

ok ur not seeing it the correct way

how are u gonna force people to do things they dont want to do.

piraters all know the risks and they do it anyway.

the people who buy music all know they can go and download the same song for free but they go out and buy music instead..

its liek forcing people to go into a club, when half really dont want to.

honestly i think artists should be more worried about the rave act because if we cant have clubs and raves then whos gonna buy these records

djs buy them now because they have gigs, take those gigs away and there will be no record sales

Originally posted by stryke303

i think some of you are missing the point. we're not trying to rip off consumers...yes, a lot of labels are charging too much for the media, i agree there. but is stealing it going to make it better? no, it's going to make it worse. it's basic supply/demand...right saleen?! tell you what, how about me and craig come to some of your jobs, punch you in the face, steal shit from you, and then try to be your buddies after that. in essence that's what you're doing to us. we have to eat too!

Word up Greg!!...lets go knock some heads!!:D

These guys just don't get it:rolleyes:

Mr. Demo pointed out that he finds he is unable to move as many units as in the past, but I'm wondering that maybe in the past there just weren't as many releases as there are now, fewer producers, fewer labels, so the few were able to get a relatively larger share of the whole, and now maybe it's just spread much thinner... so then what about the overall volume of dance music vinyl sales, has it decreased that much, any more than can be accounted for by a temporary lull in general interest in dance music, less kids getting trurntables for Christmas, and getting guitars instead...?

I'm not taking either side here, just want to make sure we know what we're talking about before we throw our lot in with a bunch of over-paid lawyers representing big greedy corporations :confused:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by stryke303

Greg, you know I would love to see you guys succeed and makes lots of cash, i'm a capitlist and a firm believer in the pure competitive market, however, with my degree in qualitative economics, I know what your industry is doing is wrong and illegal. They colude thus breaking the antitrust laws, however just like airlines no one can proove colusion. Those labels are like OPEC and time and time again, OPEC prooves itself to be worthless. It makes for great headlines and single day stock arbitrage, but it doen't work. Up till now, the music biz had us by the balls, now with the net , they no longer do. I wish Murk would have sold 10000 cds, but charging me 25 bucks with shipping for that cd just goes to show you how greedy your biz is. If video games were about 20 bucks, then few would hack their boxes, if direct tv was cheaper few would hack their boxes, if cable was cheaper few would hack their boxes etc. Stealing is stealing, you are right, but trying to sell me a cd with 7 tracks for 25 bucks in my eyes is stealing my money...

And greg some history for ya

From march of 1991 under Bush Sr. till i think june of 2000 IT WAS THE GREATEST PEACE TIME EXPANSION OF THE US ECONOMY EVER! now we are back to reality and we simply can't afford to spend 25 bucks for 7 tracks...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by livin42nite

you guys act like its hard to make music, i just made a top ten song right now on this site

yo, the white horse is humming the theme to A Bronx Tale...

i'm 100% italian...:D

why dont all the record lables write to technics and all the electronic companies and make them lower thier prices for turntables and dj gear

maybe then more people will go out and buy turntables

that will get more people out buying tracks

but lets face it its much cheaper to buy a dual cd player then to buy 2 turntables..

you should sue whoever invented the dj cdplayer