Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Potential "new spot" in Baltimore

elle007

Do you think this would work in Baltimore? Or D.C.?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this would work in Baltimore? Or D.C.?

• Is there a market segment for a 30+ and older, affluent, upscale crowd in Baltimore or D.C that's tired of "the traditional club scene? If there isn't a space like this in B-more, where do you go to find a place like this? What would you like to see in a lounge/club? E.G., furniture, decor, visual aids, funky decor? Do you think B-more has a crowd that is similar to the NYC and Miami scene; e.g., a straight, gay, bi-sexual crowd all mixing together and having a good time? If you were in my shoes, what would you bring to B-more? What type of lounge/club? What do you think the Baltimore scene is missing? What do you think the Baltimore club scene needs? What kind of events would you like to see? Or themes on certain nights? How often do you go out? And how much money do you usually spend per night on alcohol or food? s there a market segment for the 28+ older, affluent, upscale crowd in Baltimore?
    • If there isn't a space like this in B-more, where do you go to find a place like this?
    • What would you like to see in a lounge/club? E.G., furniture, decor, visual aids, funky decor?
    • Do you think B-more and D.C. has a crowd that is similar to the NYC and Miami scene; e.g., a straight, gay, bi-sexual crowd all mixing together and having a good time?
    • If you were in my shoes, what would you bring to B-more or D.C.? What type of lounge/club? What do you think the Baltimore scene is missing?
    • What do you think the Baltimore and D.C. club scene needs?
    • What kind of events would you like to see? Or themes on certain nights?
    • How often do you go out? And how much money do you usually spend per night on alcohol or food?
    • What do you think the Baltimore and D.C. nightlife scene is missing?
    • What would make you come back again and again?

Potential "new spot" in Baltimore

Sup everyone?

I hope you all are well!

My name is Elle, and I'm thinking of opening a spot-an upscale, trendy lounge catering to the 30+ older crew located near PowerPlantLive in Baltimore or near the new MCI Center in Washington, D.C.

I'm not too familiar with Baltimore or D.C., so I'm asking for as much input from you guys...I would greatly appreciate your help!

For those of you who would be interested in a place like this, do you think Baltimore has a need for this type of establishment?

It's going to be a fusion between the NYC lounge style and Miami art deco...catering to all "lifestyles." We will be offering different themes throughout the week, e.g., Tuesday's-retro night; Wednesday's a drag show, Thursday's, live entertainment, a live band playing jazz music-congo's, saxophone, etc., very funky and laid back-not your "typical" jazz band; Friday's, acid jazz and NY and Chicago house; Saturday's, house; and Sunday's a "Tea" party.

I can't get into details about the space, it's a legal issue, so I'm sorry I couldn't give you some type of visual of the space; but I can say it's going to be something Baltimore nor D.C. has NEVER seen before.

It's not going to be your "traditional" club or bar. The atmosphere and atmospherics-decor, lighting, furniture, etc., is going to blow your mind. And the people working there are beatiful; one level is all male bartender's wearing tank tops or no shirts at all, and the other level is going to be beautiful women, wearing sexy clothing.

We're going to have top DJ's from the surrounding area's; from NYC to D.C., and have special events once per month with a particular theme. The muzak is going to be off the hook!

It's going to be more of a social club, where you can meet people of your own sexual orientation, and have spaces where you can go and talk in a nice, quiet intimate space.

We're also going to offer alternative drinks, not just alcohol...but fresh juices and energy drinks and high end desserts.

So, if you don't mind letting me know what you think about Baltimore needing a "social club" with great atmosphere and music, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

I know the poll requires answers, so if you could just reply to those questions in your posting, and give as much feedback as possible, I would really appreciate your input and effort.

Peace,

e:drunk:

• 1 year later...