Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any one know when the tunnel ?

1986. i tihnk it was

i have a flyer for it, somehwere

it goes o nabout the darkeness of the area and from the darkens and the subways will rise a beat, and how they wil lall follow the beat into the darkness

im preaty sure it was 1986. in the 60's that space was empty, lol

before that it was a subway pull up system..

i wasent at the opening but i was there a year later, and it looked nothing as it did in the 90's....... VERY Space agey, and eligent,

weird huh?

i dont think its sad at all, the tunnel is a landmark preaty much, and the kids asked a question...whats so sad about that?

if you dont have anything nice to say,

Shut the fuck up

:)

and if u wanna talk about "SAD"

the word Jersey n "Dusted" is soooooooooo much more sader then some nice kid asking when it opened up, :laugh:

but u must be so dusted dude huh?

TOOL BOX

oly<

if i had a scanner i would post this.

its my invitaion to opening night.

"The Dark Urban Myth's that blacken the light of NY"

"under darkness and exposed piping, comes a creation unlike god"

and then it gives the addreass. BUT NEVER the name.....

when it opened, no one called it the tunnel, it was nameless the first 6months.......then when promotion and the crowd was lost, it became "Tunnel" and as the years went by, the place changed alot.....The basment opened in 1988...and it was nick named the cave.......WAYY Before people called the fuzzy room, the cave, it was a restuarent, where u could get tea, and something light,

10 years later its a diry basment, with needles and blood on the floor, lol

the bathroom, i believe was always there, Different, and that room, off of the up-stairs bath room's were the offices. i tihnk?

there was a vip room, to the left of the stairs, as u would go up, near the main bar, that later became a office, the hallway, was a art gallery, ......the fuzzy room was made in 90" ? to be honest i dont know. but the chandalier room was also office space, later tunred into a room.....

and there use to be a huge dance floor, and bar in a room of to the left, as u walk in the main entrance, and where the KUrfew doors where> that hallway, was the crusing area, WAY before kurfew came in, lol

Originally posted by jaysea

i dont think its sad at all, the tunnel is a landmark preaty much, and the kids asked a question...whats so sad about that?

if you dont have anything nice to say,

Shut the fuck up

:)

and if u wanna talk about "SAD"

the word Jersey n "Dusted" is soooooooooo much more sader then some nice kid asking when it opened up, :laugh:

but u must be so dusted dude huh?

TOOL BOX

oly<

i loved the tunnel as much as all of you did but you know what??? life goes on. keep living in the past. it had it's time now it's time to move on.

oh sorry you people in ny are much better then us. fuck you.

Chill with the fucking hating.

I like to think about Tunnel b/c if I forget what it was like I'll stop going out all.

Glowball helped bring a tight vibe to this board and Jaysea has been there and done it all.

Let's see how you guys change your tune and start kissing his ass when he opens a place that you want to go to.

If you are one of those people who bitch about peoplr talking about the tunnle stop reading now.... The way it was,,,i had the best time in the tunnle in 98,99 i would get there on a sat night about 1am the line would be so long that i would hop on the kurfew line(the gay side of the club) im not gay or do i have a problem with gay people,,that side of the club was sooo much fun...I would enter around 1:30 and go into the fuzzy room and look for my friends(a group of about 5 who i made friends with inside the club)After we all found eachother we would make are way to the bathrooms up on the 2 floor they we would chill and hang out for a while,,,,after that we would mostlikly split up around 5am thats were i would mostlikly enter the hardcore room behind the bathrooms chill there for a while then make my way down to the fuzzy room and chll with so some 80,s music( the go go's)I remember soooo meny faces to this day but have no clue to what there names were...Then about 8:30 i would enter outside and with the warm beam of sun on my face i walk east up the block back to my car...that was my sat night...I think what made the tunnle so great was that it did not matter if you were gay or straight black or white for the most part everyone got along.Now in 2003 the clubs are just not the same you have all these little brats running around thinking there the shit....anyway thats my story of the tunnle.....

I would be DJing until 10? 11?? Whenever they cut the amps on me. Also, I asked my aunt, (Yes, Even she and her friends went to Tunnel, Limelight, and Roxy, and if you wanna go way back, my uncle used to play Jazz at Webster) she said that she used to go to tunnel in the late 70s. Always a good party, even then :)

tunnel wasent open in the 70's. and im preaty sure a night club never was in that building prior to tunnel....

i do remember the construction of it tho, and there is a video of it floating around,

u guys think Crobar is taking long, tunnel was a 4 year project, before it ever opened its door's.....and it wasent always know as tunnel, it was just known as the place on 27th, the name tunnel was a nick name, cause the space was a former subway tunnel/ pull up system