Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD @ Glow review

translucent

PvD spun exactly the kind of set I like to hear from him. I'm not too keen on fluffy Velveeta trance and always like my music like my coffe, strong and dark. I can honestly say that Paul spun what was probably my fourth or fifth favorite set of his in the States...and I've seen him a LOT all over the place. After his uninspiring last set at the Roxy, his lackluster Central Park gig and after the release of Reflections, an album so poorly mixed that you could put your CD player on shuffle and not notice, I was afraid that perhaps PvD was becoming the next Tiesto. I was afraid that he became lazy because of his commercial success. I was afraid that PvD would dumb down and soften his sets in the States because he thought that it was what the audience wanted around here. Fortunately, Paul dispelled all of that at Glow.

The best way to describe his set is to compare it to his last one at Space 34 last March during the WMC. For most of the night, PvD was merciless. I hadn't danced that hard since Tresor after the Love Parade. The highlight of the night for me was Crush. While it might not be the most powerful track in his arsenal, it was the first time I've heard it on a club sound system. Hearing it rise above the energy of the crowd was definitely a treat. I can't wait till November at the Roxy!

Here are some more reviews from the Glow forum:clickity-click