Clubplanet Nightlife Community

M.I.A opens tonight Oct 20th Ivano Bellini, Free

househed

M.I.A is opening tonight doors open @ 7pm with UK & Ibiza boy Jon Owen then Mr Bellini till close

Every week is free with drinks @ $4 u call it for the industry peeps

next week Lust takes over the decks and we have just confirmed Oscar G for Nov 10th and again this is always A FREE PARTY every Monday

The reason we did this...

we just wanted a hang out for club people like us, the idea is close to the "Back to mine" CD compilations, we are telling the DJ's that there is no dancefloor to play to, so play what the hell you want, we know you can fill danceflors but save that for the weekend, its monday lets hear what you really like..We have quite a few big names very interested in the concept but can't let em out of the bag just yet.

map, address and more info on our site

http://www.mialounge.com

cheers

H/H

i stopped by for a while - jon owen was spinning an eclectic but tasteful set. nice crowd, even though a few of the regulars seemed somewhat confused by the proceedings. one woman at the bar pointed at the impromptu dj booth and remarked, "oh, he's actually playing the music!" what can i say? it's downtown hollywood. ex-dj garfield was there, tending to a few minor difficulties (the usual first night stuff), and generally being his gregarious self. someone eventually plugged in the martin acrobat in the corner, and owen got more playful behind the decks. i was really enjoying the vibe, but, unfortunately, i had leave early. it'd been a particularly long day, and i still had to go find dinner, get home, feed the cats, et cetera. i'm old, and the alarm clock goes off at 05:30. sue me.

i'm already looking forward to next monday.

anyone else?