Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DC Tunnel/Re:Mix review

Guest bollock

Guest bollock

I never went to the "old" DC Tunnel, however, this place does have some potential. The sound system isn't great but is decent, and sounded good with progressive house. Certainly better then 5, and probably on par with say Red or Sonar. Not quite as good as Buzz.

Main room is a huge space with a wood dance floor capacity over 1,000. For comparison, the square footage of the main room is probably on the same size as the main room at Nation, although the ceiling is not nearly as high and with out all the different levels and walkways. 3 wooden blocks for the podium dancers, decent enough lights/lasers, the 21 and over lounge was really nice, didn't spend any time in the pillow room. Men's room was clean with an attendant. Beer was $4 (corona), I think they had Red and Vodka for $5. Couches along the walls.

If they can get 500-1,000 people there they will have a nice party. However, getting 500-1,000 people there might be tough. It's way out at the intersection of Bladensburg Road and New York Ave (right near the Checkers). So it's way off the beaten path. Plus can the DC EDM scene support another club that needs 1,000 plus people to survive...I'm not convinced that it can.

How many people have been going to Nation for the new Buzz night and how many people showed up at Glow for Deep Dish...?

Although I didn't stay out too late (1:30am, I had to be up early Sunday morning), it was pretty fun night. I hope they can get a good draw, because they could turn this into a really good party. The people who are running it obviously care about creating a good atmosphere and so far have been booking good talent.

Actually the space I think is far bigger than the main room at Buzz, maybe as much as 1.5 times bigger. Unfortunately, there was not a lot of people at ALL which is a pity because this place/party has tons of potential. Especially with the line-ups they have.

The sound was decent (much better than it was before) - its still muffled and echoey off the dancefloor, but is quite alright on the floor. Plus, if they fill the place I'm sure the sound will be much better. They also had a hot-dog/fried counter which I made full use of! :D

Mistress Barbara was very good...started off a bit shakily but then threw down a great set. A remix of 7th Nation Army I haven't heard before. Didn't stay for much of Jody's set...but what I heard I didn't like at all!

BTW, Pete Moss, who opened for MB, played an amazing set! I definitely want to check this guy out again.

Guest bollock

There's a road across the street from the club that looks like a driveyway for multiple warehouses and they had 2 parking attendants. You basically just park on the street in front of the warehouses

So there is "security" but then again there was hardly any cars to protect and neither of parking attendents looked like they would have been able to stop any thugs that might want to smash a car window or two.

Not sure what the broader security arraingments are or if at prior events they had parking attendents.

However, while taking a cab to the club is no problem, I would seriously doubt you would be able to find a cab at say 3 or 4 in the morning on the road that the club is located. And I certainly wouldn't want to roam around trying to find one.

again, location, location, location is going to be the major drawback for this party.

more questions about the area because im scurred.

im definitely going this coming saturday to catch grayarea.

my friends tell me my car will definitely get vandalized if i go to that area. I go to nations all the time, is the area worse than that?

Also, how many people showed up to Mistress Barbara?

Originally posted by ichrang

my friends tell me my car will definitely get vandalized if i go to that area. I go to nations all the time, is the area worse than that?

the main problem with parking at the Tunnel is that there are not real lots. it's mostly street parking around a bunch of warehouses. the neighborhood around the Tunnel seems worse to me because it's fairly remote. there isn't a major thurofare (sp?) neaby. at least around Nation you have South Capitol street and gas stations and fast food joints. even a couple of hotels.

Originally posted by ichrang

Nothing has happened to my car the few times I've been there, including this past Satruday. It's more remote like Rocky said, but there aren't crackheads asking you for $5 to "watch" your car when you park. They have a couple of people in orange vests standing out there supposedly keeping an eye on cars, but I don't know what good that does. Your car will probably be fine.

It was very empty on Saturday, like maybe 50 people max all night.

Originally posted by rockyblue

whoa. i new they were having problems with attendance, but i didn't know it was that bad. i hope they're able to keep it going.

but keep in mind they were competing with deep dish at glow that night. I think this saturday will be the real test of re:mix...