Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P:M Sessions feat. Oscar Fonseca / Saturday October 25

marcodavalos

Let me start by saying how proud we are for having hosted a talent of the dimension of Hisham Samawi. His first non-WMC Miami appearance.

Hisham layed last Saturday what I feel is the future of electronic music. No offenses to other tastes or genres, the display of chunky tech , with A-MA-ZING basslines, electro and the right amount of breaks was simply phenomenal. Bordering psychodelia.

If his style is something we admire, Hisham’s track selection was superb. Eric in a different thread called it one of the most underground sets he has heard in Miami. I agree 100% in the uniqueness and exquisite track selection. Nevertheless, I don’t want to call it underground no more, I want to describe it as cutting edge, as pushing boundaries for new sounds that cross many different genres and blend to perfection.

His mixing skills are in the same note. Hisham has perfectioned his skills thorugout the years as he personally confessed, specially in those long afterhours with some of the best new talent from NYC and its visitors. As he well put it, “impressed even the most establishedâ€.

Having described what we experiernced last Saturday, I have to say events like this won’t just turn the page. As it has been the norm in the past few weeks, Proton Radio recorded the event for a future re-broadcast. I had the priviledge of listening to the recorded set yesterday, and have to unequivocally say it has to be ranked among my favorite top 10 live sets ever.

P:M Sessions is not a marketing machine. We will never be by decision, not by lack of anything else. We are going to continue to bring to South Beach, where it all started, the best quality music in a professional atmosphere. A couple peeps have pointed out how good the place sounds. It is true, and I’m glad you guys recognize the improvemnets that were absolutely necessary to have the venue a la par of a music nite as serious as P:M Sessions.

This week P:M Sessions is proud to present the first healining nite of one of our respected residents: Oscar Fonseca.

Oscar has been related in one way or another to P:M Sessions since March. We were happy to have him join our WMC party then. And months after he joined us once again to open up in style for Demi, on September 5th.

A few weeks prior, Oscar had manifested his respect to our party when at the Cooljunkie DJ competition finals at Space 34 he appeared wearing the shirt of our party. It was a small gesture for many, it meant the confirmation of a mutual understanding on what we want to bring to Miami’s music scene.

After warming in style on September 13th for Vich & Berger and for Dave Preston on October 4th and Chris and Mono on October 11th, Oscar is finally taking the headlining spot as stated above.

Oscar confessed me this past weekend his excitement for this coming Saturday. He has been preparing fresh material for this gig, in which he will finally dictate what we will dance to. We simply can’t wait to hear his set. Oscar is certainly Miami’s best nubreed.

Opening the nite is our own Eric Kitel. It will be the first time that Eric plays at P:M Sessions and we are thrilled about it. Eric is one of the people in the Miami scene that contributes the most to explore new sounds and keep the pieces in place, this is, respect for quality music.

Enjoy,

weboscar5.jpg

weboscarback2.jpg

Ti kaneis? It's Philip (Chaz and Rachel's friend from Athens). We're looking forward to your upcoming set at Nerve. Yes, Oscar did a great opening set last time we came to see you!!! Since then, he's played really well at Luna Lounge too.

Elpizo na fereis merika apo ta apistefta kommatia pou epaixes tin teleftaia fora!!! Mas eixes kyriolektika trelanei sto xoro!!!

Cheers!

Philip

wow thanks phillipo i wil make sure i bring similar stuff and there will be some of the stuff i played the other time on show too simply cos not only is it still fresh and new but so damn good

trelanei eh????

hahhahahaa

i am the same

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Let me start by saying how proud we are for having hosted a talent of the dimension of Hisham Samawi. His first non-WMC Miami appearance.

Hisham layed last Saturday what I feel is the future of electronic music. No offenses to other tastes or genres, the display of chunky tech , with A-MA-ZING basslines, electro and the right amount of breaks was simply phenomenal. Bordering psychodelia.

If his style is something we admire, Hisham’s track selection was superb. Eric in a different thread called it one of the most underground sets he has heard in Miami. I agree 100% in the uniqueness and exquisite track selection. Nevertheless, I don’t want to call it underground no more, I want to describe it as cutting edge, as pushing boundaries for new sounds that cross many different genres and blend to perfection.

His mixing skills are in the same note. Hisham has perfectioned his skills thorugout the years as he personally confessed, specially in those long afterhours with some of the best new talent from NYC and its visitors. As he well put it, “impressed even the most establishedâ€.

Having described what we experiernced last Saturday, I have to say events like this won’t just turn the page. As it has been the norm in the past few weeks, Proton Radio recorded the event for a future re-broadcast. I had the priviledge of listening to the recorded set yesterday, and have to unequivocally say it has to be ranked among my favorite top 10 live sets ever.

P:M Sessions is not a marketing machine. We will never be by decision, not by lack of anything else. We are going to continue to bring to South Beach, where it all started, the best quality music in a professional atmosphere. A couple peeps have pointed out how good the place sounds. It is true, and I’m glad you guys recognize the improvemnets that were absolutely necessary to have the venue a la par of a music nite as serious as P:M Sessions.

This week P:M Sessions is proud to present the first healining nite of one of our respected residents: Oscar Fonseca.

Oscar has been related in one way or another to P:M Sessions since March. We were happy to have him join our WMC party then. And months after he joined us once again to open up in style for Demi, on September 5th.

A few weeks prior, Oscar had manifested his respect to our party when at the Cooljunkie DJ competition finals at Space 34 he appeared wearing the shirt of our party. It was a small gesture for many, it meant the confirmation of a mutual understanding on what we want to bring to Miami’s music scene.

After warming in style on September 13th for Vich & Berger and for Dave Preston on October 4th and Chris and Mono on October 11th, Oscar is finally taking the headlining spot as stated above.

Oscar confessed me this past weekend his excitement for this coming Saturday. He has been preparing fresh material for this gig, in which he will finally dictate what we will dance to. We simply can’t wait to hear his set. Oscar is certainly Miami’s best nubreed.

Opening the nite is our own Eric Kitel. It will be the first time that Eric plays at P:M Sessions and we are thrilled about it. Eric is one of the people in the Miami scene that contributes the most to explore new sounds and keep the pieces in place, this is, respect for quality music.

Enjoy,

weboscar5.jpg

weboscarback2.jpg

Wow, thanks for those kind words. I appreciate the opportunity to play in an environment where I can play what I really want to without the fear of it being too weird or not mainstream enough.

Respect to the PM Session's crew for trying to push a new sound. It would be very easy for Marco to pack the place by throwing on a cheesey dj and catering to a superficial crowd. I respect the fact that this party is looking to book quality and I appreciate having been included in that.

I think it's important to support parties like this so fresh music can be heard. I think one of the reasons why our scene has taken a dive this past year is do to things getting a bit stale so this is a good sign. Wish you guys all the best in the coming year.

Hisham

Originally posted by nativetheory

Wow, thanks for those kind words. I appreciate the opportunity to play in an environment where I can play what I really want to without the fear of it being too weird or not mainstream enough.

Respect to the PM Session's crew for trying to push a new sound. It would be very easy for Marco to pack the place by throwing on a cheesey dj and catering to a superficial crowd. I respect the fact that this party is looking to book quality and I appreciate having been included in that.

I think it's important to support parties like this so fresh music can be heard. I think one of the reasons why our scene has taken a dive this past year is do to things getting a bit stale so this is a good sign. Wish you guys all the best in the coming year.

Hisham

Hey Hisham, Glad u had a good time playing for us down here in Miami.. we certainly enjoyed your sound; and look fwd to doing it again... :D

I agree with what you saw, and that is what I'm all about... Since I moved down here I have been supporting PM Sessions since the very first time I came across one of their events. When I came down I was looking for the ppl on the beach throwing the most music-driven parties, and I have to say I'm glad I found them. Many other parties down here may only say what is now almost cliche.. but PM Sessions is def 'All about the Music'.

Like I said in another thread, I'm glad to see the growing support from the ppl in CP and would love to see those who havent been out there to come check it out.. Luna is a very intimate venue w the space to make the music the Main Attraction...

This Saturday will be a great chance to do that.. Nothing but Local Talent of the Highest Caliber... You guys have probably already heard of OscarFonseca, and if u havent its time to come out from under that rock u've been living in... This guy will deliver one seriously well crafted set, guaranteed to satisfy your thirst for beats! Alongside, fellow CPer and head of the THC miami, Erik Kittel; as well as the resident favorites Cianci and Avila...

There really couldnt be a better lineup to listen to the best Tech House in this city..... Even if ur not a full-time House or Tech-House head (I dont really think there is or should be such a thing, but newayz) u should def come out and check out what is happening down at Luna w PM sessions, Blend Prod's., and some of the city's Best up and coming Dj's.

I cant wait for Saturday... Oscar will bring the mothafckn House DWN!! He said he's packin some fresh tunes, hot off the presses.. hehe so expect to hear some wicked stuff...

Hope to see you guys there...

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Thankx miguel aka mp3 for those words. Now I'm all nervous and shit.... jeje. Got to back up what you said. Really excited to play. Haven't played a headlining set since I was back in our hometown of Caracas in July!!! Hope to see lots of cp's there.

Wow.

Those who experienced Hisham's set last Saturday night have undoubtedly redefined their expectations of what a true music night is supposed to be.

New York was most properly represented... Props for Hisham for never ceasing to explore new boundaries and for producing serious music that is expanding them in the most exquisite manner.

This Saturday, Oscar Fonseca will take on where Hisham remarkably left off. Also looking forward to what Eric Kitél has in store for us and having Cianci & Avila close out the night with taste & class.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support and I encourage everyone to stop by and enjoy yourselves. No pretenses... guaranteed. ;) Always a pleasure to meet new faces and see the familiar ones week in and week out.

Good luck to everyone this Saturday. I can't wait!!! :D

Originally posted by fostech

Thankx miguel aka mp3 for those words. Now I'm all nervous and shit.... jeje. Got to back up what you said. Really excited to play. Haven't played a headlining set since I was back in our hometown of Caracas in July!!! Hope to see lots of cp's there.

Oscar, proud and happy to have you this Saturday. It is your dancefloor, destroy it the proper way. ;) Can't wait.